Spare Motors...gotta have a couple.

-
Machine shop called....Scat 4 inch 4340 crank is balanced can pick up in morning....

The old crank....MP (Scat?) 4340 crank has two slugs of heavy metal in the front and rear counter weights.....

Using same rods and pistons....this Scat crank has 200 grams removed from the rear counter weight and 80 grams removed from the front.....

I think I got 10 340....probably dam near 20 360 blocks....heads..,,a few old J heads....4 set fo w2 heads with rockers arms...6 set of w2 headers.....only 2 intake manifold...sold the other 4 MI w2 I had......many sets of standard headers .....tti and hookers ......aluminum heads....pretty close to 20 set of them.....got one set of Indy X-LA...one set of EQ ...both with 2.02 done by IMM.....intake manifolds I counted 22 one time...distributors....cabinet full....8 of the MP tack drive race electronic distributors....3 or 4 of the billet msd distributors....boxes of cams...pistons ..rings and bearings..... .....which reminds I gotta order a set of main bearing for that Scat 4 inch crank...lol

I had 6 340 steel cranks in the shed ...sold two to a friend who runs a nhra stocker......3 more in blocks still...3 or 4 standard 340 blocks......
A life time collection of stuff......LOL.....

One 318.....gotta build it to 500 hp...LOL

Need to get to work.....gotta fix front brakes on my old 99 Dodge 1500..

Yesterday....got the valves adjusted......going to back off the rockers today.....I cleaned the valve covers......will clean the Holley SD today.....usually dont mount the intake until the engine is going to be used....I check the lube coating on the camshaft one more ....time ...prime the oil pump...and put the intermediate shaft it....bolt on intake....

Looks like my loaner engine will be coming back soon....360 ran high 10s here in Vegas....last time out he ran 11.30s...LOL...

as said some people need to learn how to tune ....

I have four Gen III Hemi's, one 318...two 360's plus my race motor.

Used to have 18 early Hemi's in the shop... and even more Flatties.

Had to fix front brakes on 99 Ram 1500......plus going swimming at my daughter house...

got intake cleaned up and washed....just going to set it on engine for now...hope I dont have to use it.....

Moving on to reassembling the 410 motor......need to order main bearing.....was going to order King brand but can not find them ...out of stock until Dec...

will go with Clevite MS 1266HG

I think I got 10 340....probably dam near 20 360 blocks....heads..,,a few old J heads....4 set fo w2 heads with rockers arms...6 set of w2 headers.....only 2 intake manifold...sold the other 4 MI w2 I had......many sets of standard headers .....tti and hookers ......aluminum heads....pretty close to 20 set of them.....got one set of Indy X-LA...one set of EQ ...both with 2.02 done by IMM.....intake manifolds I counted 22 one time...distributors....cabinet full....8 of the MP tack drive race electronic distributors....3 or 4 of the billet msd distributors....boxes of cams...pistons ..rings and bearings..... .....which reminds I gotta order a set of main bearing for that Scat 4 inch crank...lol

I had 6 340 steel cranks in the shed ...sold two to a friend who runs a nhra stocker......3 more in blocks still...3 or 4 standard 340 blocks......
A life time collection of stuff......LOL.....

One 318.....gotta build it to 500 hp...LOL

Need to get to work.....gotta fix front brakes on my old 99 Dodge 1500..
What in the ell . lol You ARE the master hoarder of Mopar parts. lol :thumbsup:
Better to have it all, than not enough. lol

That is what i tell the girlfriend.....

actually did an aluminum head count this morning....

21 sets.....dam...all of pepsi cans.

all dressed up and hopefully no place to go.....

20200830_102703_resized.jpg

Clearing off work bench ....need to fix a 904.....change out stator sealing rings....that trans goes with the 408 with TF heads.....

Me too.....going to have to haul it 320 miles to Bakersfield....probably October ...or for sure in November...might run that 360 that is in car in October just to see if run at sea level.

Working on 904 for the TF408......

Tranzact Brake....removing Steel seals...and replacing with Teflon......dont have any Tranny Lube...aka Vaseline

Going to use that $1300 dollar converter that was made for this set up instead 250 dollar converter....that is 35 yrs old....
Pictures got out of syn....bottom has the steel seals
20200830_111037_resized.jpg

20200830_113208_resized.jpg

20200830_111740_resized.jpg

Got the tranny all back together...air tested everything again...and readjusted the bands....this transmission was in the 71 Dart behind the 410..but the brake would not hold...
So it now waiting for the 408 to go back in 71 dart,,,,,in a few weeks.

Began working on another stroker...the block shown in 1st photo....as said got the crank balanced.....bearing here Wednesday...already have rod bearings....Howards Camshaft that order back in early July get here Wednesday also...
Actually got the block washed this afternoon....air dried...and bagged.

And the 904 crash landed on my foot as I was moving it off the work bench.....nice throbbing ache now....lol...

20200831_152014_resized.jpg

20200831_154805_resized.jpg

After conferring with my oldest daughter who drives the 71 Dart where the 408 TF headed engine is going and looking at the schedule in Bakersfield....we compromised...She has vacation time she has to use up or lose it....

So I am taking my 75 360 Duster to Bakersfield for the Sept 19-20 Summit race.....just to go racing as Vegas is done....Hopefully that 360 which ran a best of 11.19 here back March can crank out some 10.90s....historically the weather looks like it will be in the high 80s....

We than take her Dart to the ANRA race Oct 10-11.....with the existing 360 in it.....looking to run 10.30s with it...
We will not attend the Nov ANRA race.........But we will hit the Nov 19-22 Street Car Super Nationals in Las Vegas...the race that never ends.....with the new 408 TF head engine......weather will be cool...but DA will still be over 3000 ft...
We will take the 71 Duster with its 408 to the SCSN race too
Then we will haul the car to Bakersfield in March for the March meet....

That is the game plan this afternoon......

Last edited:
Ok...got Clevite Mains and Howard cam is her for 410 engine....going to get the short block together over the next week....

Old crank MP and new crank Scat.....using the exact same pistons and rods.....

20200903_155208_resized_1.jpg

20200903_155158_resized_1.jpg

worked on it a few hours each day.....hot weekend...111 to 113....Tuesday suppose to be 90 degrees.....someone dropping a ice cube from space in Vegas...

pistons were already loaded with rings...pistons are down .015 in hole ...my mistake on telling the machine shop what to set deck height on.....compression still cals out to 11.97 to 1...

I put camshaft in block.....looking for timing chaing and sprockets.....lol...It is somewhere around here.....

going to make a decision on cylinder heads later this week......

View attachment 1715590579

20200905_114841_resized.jpg

20200905_114852_resized.jpg

20200905_114350_resized.jpg

20200905_114631_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Had to sweep out the garage....had to move stuff around this morning before it got too hot...so I made a family photo.....

I was also going to degree the camshaft....but did not have the timing chain set I wanted to use so....no go....

Have been thinking about buying another set of TF 190 aluminum heads....but I can use that money to get two sets of heads ported....so...

anyway here is a photo of 6 engines in the garage in various levels of assembling....all have cranks and pistons in them,,,,,left to right...I have a 408 with TF heads....410 short block next to it.the one i am working on.....360 spare engine that is shown in this tread....390 short block had it in another thread....behind it is a stock 360 magnum engine...and up front is a 360 magnum engine...

the sun coming thru the window and door did not help with the photos...

20200906_101438_resized.jpg

20200906_101514_resized.jpg

20200906_101527_resized.jpg

Actually feel pretty good today......was not out in the heat very long today...113....

tomorrow is going to be ugly again...i think i am lying low.....but Tuesday ...only 90,,,,,23 degree swing

Back to work.....got the timing chain set yesterday .....got the howards cam degreed in today......needs to be at 104......i come up with 104.25....

and got the timing chain cover on.......

this weekend should be getting the oil pump and pan on........

Need to get some new head gasket......and finish cleaning up the heads.......Useing Eddy heads with 2.08 intake...that were done a couple of years ago by IMM....dont have alot of runs on them...

IMG_2563.jpg
Tony, just wanted to let you know I'm up for adoption. I'm low maintenance and have a place in San Diego we can share and I can cook if you like pergoies!

Anyway, I rebuilding my tranny after an o-ring fail at Barona....

Are you a Tranny?

I support enough people already.....lol

Are you a Tranny?

I support enough people already.....lol

Nah, but where I'm livin it's hard to keep track:lol:

Sounds like you're a busy man, likin hearing about your progress! I'm still in the discovery phase.

-
Back