Srt-68 Barracuda

-
Got a good start on both--as usual it's tedious work, but fun nonetheless. Moving forward with things like this while I wait on more parts.

dash and engine bay 001 (Small).jpg

dash and engine bay 002 (Small).jpg

dash and engine bay 003 (Small).jpg

dash and engine bay 004 (Small).jpg

dash and engine bay 005 (Small).jpg

Tools and materials it took to make the fuel system for the 6.1. I modified the stock tank--top-loaded the pump with a slosh baffle welded to the bottom. Also had to modify the hell out of the fuel pump and regulator. It fits and works.

fuel pump 001 (Small).jpg

fuel pump 002 (Small).jpg

Good as new, if not better. I was just informed by a buddy that I probably have more time in fixing the broken fins and masking/paint on these things than Plymouth took to build the entire car. He is always the pessimist.

done 001 (Small).jpg

done 002 (Small).jpg

Looks good so far. Any mods to the firewall?

What mag is that that has your car in an article?

I hate you with every fiber of my being....

<----- so beyond jealous of your skills it isn't even funny.

No mods to the firewall--won't be necessary. My Dart is in the latest issue of MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE. Unbelievable.

carlisle 053 (Small).jpg

Big bolt pattern axles and disc brake conversion done. Parking brake is drum integral type. While this setup has more parts, it eliminates the BS of frozen screw-types. Stainless 4-piston--very lightweight setup.

rear disc conversion 001 (Small).jpg

rear disc conversion 002 (Small).jpg

I am using the same white scheme on my gauges....I had classic instruments white mine out $$$ they silkscreen the faces. Is that the sticker kit? It wasn't available when I did mine but I see them on e-gay all the time. I was wondering if they worked worth a darn. Yours look real nice. Love the detail work....that's how you separate yourself from the others in your class.

Looks nice so far.

Front suspension from my good friend Bill Reilly. RMS AlterKtion setup with power rack and pinion, adjustable shocks, sway bar and Wilwood 12.5" brakes. SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. I love it. I shall resurface in a few days with how the install went.

AlterKtion 001 (Small).jpg

AlterKtion 002 (Small).jpg

man, nothing like coming home to a big pile of parts on a Friday! I miss that feeling!!

I'm sorry, I can't understand why someone would take a beautiful
car and cut it up.
To me for a project like this. A slant 6 rusty car would be
best for this. It's a great car as it is.
I've seen this done on the TV shows all the time.
I just can't see hacking up a good car.
Just my 2 cents worth. Sorry. Brian.

I love it. I admire quality workmanship and this is by no means a hack job. A 318 car is not all that special. I'd say it is the perfect canvas to do what ever you want. Why waste time, energy and tons of money on a rust bucket IMO? This was the main reason I got rid of my 68 dart.

I love it. I admire quality workmanship and this is by no means a hack job. A 318 car is not all that special. I'd say it is the perfect canvas to do what ever you want. Why waste time, energy and tons of money on a rust bucket IMO?

Ditto!

Read the WHOLE thread. He said the car could be put back to stock in a weekend (the way he works!), If someone was looking for a rare 318 car.

Nice job! I want one of those money trees you have growing in your yard.

Fairly straightforward install. The quality of the parts and the craftsmanship are second to none.

Now make sure you take your time........what! You've already got it done!:-D

Now that really does look good! I bet it will drive and ride good to.. great job!

I hear that...I need to get my fatty home so I can work on it...at your pace you should be on your next car by the time I finally fire mine up.....I'm stuck in the parking lot at the shop during the day and no room on the lift (CURSE INSURANCE WORK)....I'm at the shops mercy right now so it's gonna be slow going for a few weeks.:angry7:

Nice work....keep it going...how much to do my wifes 69 rag with/6?

Mop

wow that looks amazing! You are doing great work!

"I'm sorry, I can't understand why someone would take a beautiful
car and cut it up.
To me for a project like this. A slant 6 rusty car would be
best for this. It's a great car as it is.
I've seen this done on the TV shows all the time.
I just can't see hacking up a good car.
Just my 2 cents worth. Sorry. Brian."

It's HIS car, he could crush it if he wanted. Personally I am glad to see it went to someone who is will to put the time and money into it to make it great.

-
Back