Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Karl read a old post you made describing the assembly line production. It was really interesting insight.
I'd love to find and meet a person who worked the line in 67.
I have talked to a guy here on FABO, who worked as an installer for the glass company in the 60's at Hamtramck, very interesting.

Oh to bed early so up early. Just sitting here enjoying the peace and quiet.

Oh to bed early so up early. Just sitting here enjoying the peace and quiet.
Same. I gotta wake to kids and wife in a few minutes. It's light raining so I'm sitting under the porch listening to quiet lol

Morning. Wonder who did the quality control in the casting dept?
DSC02903.JPG

Morning. Wonder who did the quality control in the casting dept?
View attachment 1715213783
I did some work on the 67 yesterday. replacing window whiskers.
I wondered looking at the slits they slide into wondering how they made it to fit back in the day.
A lot of people required then, compared to the automated robots found today on the lines.

Usually get one tab started and align the rest then tap it on?
Yep it was pretty easy.
You think though how they built the quarter to fit and then with all the little slots and holes to make it all come together. Several different models with their own specific slots and holes.
I can see now why they said back in the day several cars of the same model would come through at a time.
Convertibles I've read caused changes to the line just to put them together.

I've been thinking how to clean the 2" wide area between the front edge of the dash and front windshield.
I don't want to remove the windshield.
Previous owner a few years ago restored the dash and all the components. Looks great!! He didn't bother to restore this area I've described.
At the farm store I found a 2" soft rubber putty knife.
Thinking of first hitting it with air to knock out dirt and any loose stuff.
Take the putty knife and work it across the area with a small damp cloth.
Determine if that's good enough.
If not taping and painting. I do have the matching paint in a rattle can. Yes it would be a slow paint process.
Any other ideas??

If the paint looks decent do what I do on the sun machines, hit it with the clear silicone tire spray, makes the paint pop.

If the paint looks decent do what I do on the sun machines, hit it with the clear silicone tire spray, makes the paint pop.
Only one thing, if you ever plan on painting it after,it may be difficult.have to get it very clean.

But i could see that tire stuff working. There was a product called black gold if i remember, did tires and flat painted surfaces.

Yes you would have to hit it with denatured alcohol a few times to prep it for paint.

Today- mid 80’s.
Heater motor and resistor on a
FISO
Ball joint on a pos ragner.
Wth? Its ferd week at Frank’s Garage.
Thursday freestar
Friday escapade...

Be nice if they do need the two lower QP's and the front pass floor pan. Be nice instead of using these that are not great.
DSC02884.JPG
DSC02885.JPG
DSC02888.JPG

-
Back