Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thanks Dave, Still some good thunder and lightening, but not much rain..

Yep, looks like tomorrow delivery, Im excited to slap it on and try it out!

Good evening, hot and dry in the Low Country of S. Carolina.
Just fixed myself a big dinner. Ground beef doctored up in a skillet, with rice, broccoli, avocado and fresh picked corn on the cob (which always ends up being the best thing on the plate.)
Thanks to Karl Krazykuda for the trick of microwaving the corn in the husk.
OK now...must...go clean up the...kitchen (grunting at effort to get up.)

Good evening, hot and dry in the Low Country of S. Carolina.
Just fixed myself a big dinner. Ground beef doctored up in a skillet, with rice, broccoli, avocado and fresh picked corn on the cob (which always ends up being the best thing on the plate.)
Thanks to Karl Krazykuda for the trick of microwaving the corn in the husk.
OK now...must...go clean up the...kitchen (grunting at effort to get up.)

Sounds yummy! What's the corn in the husk microwave trick?

Exactly, I want to know. Do tell us @krazykuda
I think I found it...

Corn.jpg

That's the trick. I cut the bottom off before it goes in the microwave. And to get the husk off you can just hold it by the top end with the kitchen towel and shake it, the ear will fall right out.
There's no down side to this method...fast, good, easy, no mess.

Brush the watermelon lightly on both sides with the olive oil. Grill over high heat until grill marks have formed and the melon is slightly softened, about 5 minutes.

Remove from grill and sprinkle with sea salt and a little fresh ground pepper.

howtogrillwatermelononthebbq.jpg

We got the engine fired and ran the cam break-in today!!!

Check out the glowing headers...

DSC05056 B.jpg

DSC05060 B.jpg

DSC05061 B.jpg

Which looks better - Orange:

DSC05071 B.jpg

Or Red:

DSC05078 B.jpg

We picked orange:

DSC05091 B.jpg

Here's Eddie checking out his new engine:

DSC05097 B.jpg

Jeezus, my sister is an idiot.

She sends me a text saying there is a serious problem with my Dad and he's being taken to the hospital but no other information. Says she needs me to call her immediately. I don't see it for an hour because the phone is on the charger and then she isn't answering her phone even after several texts and calls.

Fine, I put my sleuth hat on and call his care facility to find out what's going on. hand and arm turning dark with swelling, taken to local hospital. Good. Call hospital and ask to talk to ER. I get the duty nurse and get the diagnosis and prognosis. Being released shortly. Contusion of hand, no pain no further complications.

Call my sister back. Still no answer. Text her, nothing.

Ok, hat back on...call his care facility and talk to nurse. She confirms he is being discharged and on his way back.. We chat for a bit and then she says he's coming in the door and she will check him out and call me back if any issue, but all seems to be ok.

Call my sister again and she finally answers and says she has my Dad but says nothing else and says she will call me back (she has no idea that I know what's really going on). Then she hangs up.

F'in drama queen with passive aggressive communication withholding relevant information to make herself into the martyr of being the concerned caregiver.

She finally called me back and started into the drama when I cut her off and told her what I knew about the incident. She then tried to start into the desperate need for follow up care when I cut her off again and said "The Hospital states that he has a minor contusion of his hand that resulted in deep bruising. He's 80 years old and the bruises show more color than a younger person does. Call his primary care Doc tomorrow and let me know if he has any further concern." Then I said goodnight and hung up.

Just plain stupid. :BangHead:

We got the engine fired and ran the cam break-in today!!!

Check out the glowing headers...

Which looks better - Orange:

Or Red:

We picked orange:

Here's Eddie checking out his new engine:

Good stuff! Glad you got it going! :thumbsup:

(I like the red cover better :D)

Jeezus, my sister is an idiot.

She sends me a text saying there is a serious problem with my Dad and he's being taken to the hospital but no other information. Says she needs me to call her immediately. I don't see it for an hour because the phone is on the charger and then she isn't answering her phone even after several texts and calls.

Fine, I put my sleuth hat on and call his care facility to find out what's going on. hand and arm turning dark with swelling, taken to local hospital. Good. Call hospital and ask to talk to ER. I get the duty nurse and get the diagnosis and prognosis. Being released shortly. Contusion of hand, no pain no further complications.

Call my sister back. Still no answer. Text her, nothing.

Ok, hat back on...call his care facility and talk to nurse. She confirms he is being discharged and on his way back.. We chat for a bit and then she says he's coming in the door and she will check him out and call me back if any issue, but all seems to be ok.

Call my sister again and she finally answers and says she has my Dad but says nothing else and says she will call me back (she has no idea that I know what's really going on). Then she hangs up.

F'in drama queen with passive aggressive communication withholding relevant information to make herself into the martyr of being the concerned caregiver.

She finally called me back and started into the drama when I cut her off and told her what I knew about the incident. She then tried to start into the desperate need for follow up care when I cut her off again and said "The Hospital states that he has a minor contusion of his hand that resulted in deep bruising. He's 80 years old and the bruises show more color than a younger person does. Call his primary care Doc tomorrow and let me know if he has any further concern." Then I said goodnight and hung up.

Just plain stupid. :BangHead:

Yep, drama queen... :drama: :drama: :drama:

-
Back