Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yeah, "Camera On" policy here... Keeping people engaged

We don't have that thankfully. I know 80% of people in the meetings are working on other things. You can tell when questions are asked and it is nothing but crickets.

Afternoon, cam in for some lunch. Went to town earlier to get some red diesel for my tractor and parts for the DeSoto.

Been battling with an abs issue. New sensor didnt solve it. 15,000 ohms resistance in circuit. Finally found it. Now to repair it and re-wrap wiring harness. Total pita.

Quick post for Thirtytuesday.

0935D0B8-D261-4C31-BB79-FA92C1FF5710.jpeg

Hey SS6, thought about a couple things with your setup.
1. That's a huge change in main jetting. Be prepared to pucker when you take it up to highway speeds!
better yet, be prepared for the engine to rev and die. Make sure you have some room to coast to a lower speed and then it will catch and/or put it N and restart.

2. Get some collectors on the exhaust and the combustion should clean up. Carburation may appear to change as well.
Idealy A length of around 22" from the ends of the primaries, or a multiple, like 44. Atmosphere is shoving hot exhaust back into the cylinders. Don't be surprised if you see exhaust residue in the intake. If its all the way up to the plenum, that's not good.

Have fun learning
my 24" header mufflers "should" be here today and if so, I will be driving it to auto shop to get it looked at. My teacher recommended not to buy jets yet until we verify the power valve is fine. He thinks the 67's sound pretty ok for my current setup.

And I'm awake. Pool duties this morning. brush it down and change the filter. I'm happy. 1st time ever the water has stayed clear for more than 3 weeks. $hit canned the cheap Chineseum clorine...:thumbsup:

Same company or would you have to make a move?
Make a move. Which I’m trying to do anyway. Which believe it or not, is proving more difficult than i thought. I’ve had several offers but there’s big enough issues with all of them that I’ve turned them down. But something will shake free. Eventually. My career has a -12 percent unemployment rate BEFORE Covid started.

Acid levels in pool very important also. I think muriatic acid was the acid of choice at one time. Also handy for eating the zinc off galvanized pipe for welding :lol: in it's undiluted form and cleaning the concrete off filthy mixer trucks :lol:.

Acid levels in pool very important also. I think muriatic acid was the acid of choice at one time. Also handy for eating the zinc off galvanized pipe for welding :lol: in it's undiluted form and cleaning the concrete off filthy mixer trucks :lol:.
The PH level has been good since using the good Japanese Chlorine...

I will see if I can get some cyanuric acid here in VN. Will help the chlorine last longer...:thumbsup:

my 24" header mufflers "should" be here today and if so, I will be driving it to auto shop to get it looked at. My teacher recommended not to buy jets yet until we verify the power valve is fine. He thinks the 67's sound pretty ok for my current setup.
Spend a couple $ on Mike Urich & Bill Fisher's Holley Carburetors or the slightly later version. Holley Carburetors and Manifolds HP Books. Holley part No 36-73.
Or if not those then Urich's smaller Holley 4150/60 book
They has good illustrations identifying all of the passages and basic concepts. Find a used copy cheap, I think its one of the better books to start with even though it has some self promotion.https://www.amazon.com/dp/0895864339/?tag=fabo03-20

Next best are the Chrysler's Master Tech "Carburetor Fundamentals" 1966 or 1970
You can find those at
Master Technician Service Conference - Chrysler's Training for Mechanics

or www.Mymopar.com in different format (pdf)

A friend just emailed me a youtube video about a kid and his cars that I think everybody should see.
Start a new thread with it probably? Random Pictures?

-
Back