Stroker 383 on the dyno today

-

Brian Hafliger

Reaction score
Going in a 69 RR, daily driver on pump gas.

4.250 Source stroker kit, 10:1, ported stealth heads, rpm intake, 850DP, TTI headers, custom IMM hyd. roller cam, PRW stainless 1.6 rockers.

dyno video: [ame="http://youtu.be/N9kiYW5khYc"]302 Found[/ame]

Attachments

• DSC00511.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 2,703
  • DSC00512.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 1,513
  • DSC00513.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 1,374
  • DSC00515.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 1,257
  • DSC00516.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 1,241
  • DSC00517.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 1,256
  • DSC00518.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 1,264
Brian,that is one sweet torque curve,some lucky person has.600 on torque,550 on hp,with minimal maintainence.Sweet.

Nice,if only I could talk my race buddy into getting a stroker crank for his Eddy headed 10.5-1 383.:D

so this is a 496 cui? nice numbers, the 383 B-blocks are relatively inexpensive over here.....

Brian, what do you think about the "bad rod ratio theory" of these big-inchers made from 383 Engines? Is it really this bad that it will cause so much wear?

Thanks for Info!

Michael

so this is a 496 cui? nice numbers, the 383 B-blocks are relatively inexpensive over here.....

Brian, what do you think about the "bad rod ratio theory" of these big-inchers made from 383 Engines? Is it really this bad that it will cause so much wear?

Thanks for Info!

Michael

No, that's just a "mopar" myth!

I know it's not lighting the world on fire with power but I like to share builds with guys so they can see what it takes to make a certain amount of power and lets face it, pics and dyno video's are kinda fun once in a while!!

Hard starting beast. I think the "bad rod ratio theory" got started so we wouldn't stroke 383s and make sure the "Other Guys" could stay within tail pipe sniffing distance. That is SWEEEET!!!! Think it would fit in a '66 Valiant?

Nice numbers for a pump gas driver, for sure!

He said it was kinda rich...did you guys rejet and try another pull? Or was it not enough to make much of a difference?

Nice numbers for a pump gas driver, for sure!

He said it was kinda rich...did you guys rejet and try another pull? Or was it not enough to make much of a difference?

Yes, we achieved high 12's to low 13's AF's and only lost a bit (550HP and 604TQ) after that pull. I put about 12 pulls on that engine, mainly timing and jetting, and some just for fun (making sure the #'s repeat).
Heads I ported, intake is untouched.

..........Once again u have impressed us Brian..................kim..........

Just a good solid build really, but thank you! Not too bad for the $$$. My customer was there for the last few pulls so he and his wife got a kick out of the engine screeming to 6K.
No leaks, made power on point, customer was happy...it was a good day!

Nice! Real nice. Best part is the majority of parts are off the shelf and require little work. Everything bolts in and goes. The head work is the labor intensive issue and the big part to be modified.

This would even be a great engine to do in my 79 Magnum. A big B body car.

Hey ou812,that is nice build!I am getting ready to order the stealth heads and want to know how good are they out of box and consider one of stroker kits from 440 source!Either 431 or 489 for my other 383 block,which one be good for 83 d150 which will be driven alot on street?

Yup, no worse than a 4" in a small block with a 6.123" rod. The B block with a 4.250 and a 6.535" rod is actually a little better int he rod ratio department. No its not as good as 3.75 with a 6.760 rod, but as long as you keep the rpm in check it will last for a long time.

And here is a testament to the short rod + small bore + long stroke = loads of bottom end torque.

Nice solid build Brain. A tire melter for sure.

Yup, no worse than a 4" in a small block with a 6.123" rod. The B block with a 4.250 and a 6.535" rod is actually a little better int he rod ratio department. No its not as good as 3.75 with a 6.760 rod, but as long as you keep the rpm in check it will last for a long time.

And here is a testament to the short rod + small bore + long stroke = loads of bottom end torque.

Nice solid build Brain. A tire melter for sure.

Thanks Mike. Yes, I don't really like low speed TQ monsters, but they do have their place I guess...there's just nothing like a good 8000rpm engine!

-
Back