The Man from Tennessee

-

theroyz71

Reaction score
I recently acquired a 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger Special and found this site while searching for information on the web. It has a 318 and an automatic transmission but it isn't running right now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I would love to turn it into a father/son project and give it to my son for his 16th birthday. He turns 12 next month so there's plenty of time. It's money that's in short supply.

I'll post a few pictures later.

David

Attachments

• 1212101452.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 252
  • 1212101453.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 1212101454.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 236
Welcome from the other side of the world.
Four years certainly gives a generous timeframe to do whatever you plan.
Although my Challenger consumed 5 years.And it's still not quite finished.
My Challenger came from Knoxville.Anywhere near you?

nqkjw, we live in Jefferson City which is about 30 minutes east of Knoxville.

If we do anything with the car it probably won't be overly ambitious. I don't have the skill or means to take on a ground up restoration project.

Welcome to this great site David :cheers:
I found this site the same as you did when looking for help on how and what I needed to get my 63 Valiant I had running, a slant 6.
I think what makes for a good build is to enjoy each moment you get to be with your car :happy10:and have your son there with you when you can.
I have seen that this is the best of the best sites going and easy to use.
There is some great folks here and tec's always ready to help you along.
Again, Welcome aboard :happy10:

Welcome! I'm 35 minutes west of Knoxville. There is a small but well connected Mopar community in East Tennessee. Then of course this forum, with plenty of help. Good luck with the build.

Welcome to FABO David from another David,although I liked to be called Dave,:toothy10: .

Welcome to FABO!Great to see another father/son project going.Post some pics of your car when you can.Don,t be afraid to ask any questions to help get it running.Lots of members here take pride in helping with your troubles.:cheers:

Welcome David. Just remember, what you need to know is here and everyone is ready and willing to help ya along the way so it looks like you have plenty of time so we'll help ya make it happen. Just let us know what it is that's got ya stumped. Read the rules and make yourself at home.
Small Block

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I've spent a few hours looking around and it seems like you guys have a great site here. Lots of beautiful cars too.

Welcome to the site David.
Great looking father/son project you have there!

I work for TDOT in Maryville and my office covers Blount, Loudon, and Monroe Counties.

-
Back