The Saga of Purple Haze

-
ah that's a little far from here. I'm getting around to getting my tranny rebuilt and sandblasting done, wanted to know if you have any good places somewhat close by I could get my things done at?
I found a good place near the 101 and Thunderbird. I took some random parts and got them back sooner than expected and the cost was lower than the estimate...go figure?! I have the recipt filed away, I'll find it and get back to you. They do parts to whole cars, my Duster will be going there soon.

I found a good place near the 101 and Thunderbird. I took some random parts and got them back sooner than expected and the cost was lower than the estimate...go figure?! I have the recipt filed away, I'll find it and get back to you. They do parts to whole cars, my Duster will be going there soon.

Dude!!WTF? Good guy alert!!!! Spread the word for this shop. They sound great!

It's very hard to find guys you can trust these days.So good deal for you and keep using them!

Nice! please let me know! :) sounds like that shop is real close by

WOW! I'm REALLY sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this...forgot I posted. Maybe too many beers that night? "The Stripping shop" 10732 N. 96th ave. Peoria. 85345 (623) 486-5925. No need to mention me, they didn't know me. Just real good, honest, fast service. Once again, I appologize for not getting back with this info.

MAN, started out three weeks ago with the install of this

and it turned into a project in itself. First day all went swell, got all the trans down. Next day went to install the shield and trans and as I was installing one of the little bushings fell out and I hear ding. OK it's on the floor, nope, well its under here on the k or somewhere, nope. Spent all of the Rest of Friday, Saturday and Sunday looking for the little fawker, tore the hole garage apart did I find it, Nope. Alright it's now Monday I'll just call CSR and order new one's. With the new bushing's ordered and on their way should be here by Friday, Friday comes run the tracking number, Good it's out for delivery. 2 o'clock 3 o'clock nothing. OK great the UPS guy's going to be late, 5 o'clock 6 o'clock WTF 6:50 Call UPS, it will be there. 7 O'clock 8 o'clock call again I am now hot I want some one ***. They say well let's see what happened, They check and say it has to come it's out for delivery. It's now 9 o'clock and the phone rings, UPS I answer is this Frank, yes I am Paul from UPS and I am calling to let you know that your package got put on the wrong truck, it will be delivered Monday. Well I'm fuming this is the second time this week they have fawked up and I'm SOL till Monday. Finally got the stuff and got in installed what a PITA. And the Saga Continues.

Attachments

• Dscf0640.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 347
Frank I have to say that your duster in the top 5 most beautiful A bodies on this site. Nice work my friend.

Thanks John, It's back on the back burner for the summer it's just to darn hot for me. I will be getting the rest of my parts together through the summer and get back on it as soon as the weather breaks should have it done the fall.

Thanks John, It's back on the back burner for the summer it's just to darn hot for me. I will be getting the rest of my parts together through the summer and get back on it as soon as the weather breaks should have it done the fall.
You're 100% right about the heat. This is like the back east when Dec, Jan & feb hits and you're not motivated at all to go out and suffer through the fridged temps..Shade, you cannot do anything unless you at least have some shade!

I have a garage and it's still in the triple digits in there. If it were in back east in the winter I would like it better, I could use a heater.

Throughout this thread, it shows all the hard work you put in. The car turned out beautiful. Nice job! You do excellent work.

-
Back