The tear-down of Jake's 65 begins....

-
[whimper] I wanna go to the arcade too .......

I miss those endless hours spent at the Defender machine. :-D

I must have spent 500 bucks on that damn game growing up! And joust too. Ha! Hey got a few things I need coated ill pm you.

Great build on the cuda. If you need any OE front end parts let me know I have a complete front end off my 65 I'm not using. Have fun and good luck

Another month has passed... It will be 1 year next week that Jake and I totally dismantled his B'cuda.... Between my job, his school and his sports - not a lot of progress to show, other than he has managed an hour here and there and has a little more than half the car stripped down.... I hope to have it in primer by Dec 1st.... I am pretty much right where I thought we'd be after 12 months...... I'm down to 10 months before he starts his Senior year of high school..... It's gonna be close......

We have a deal with the wife for next week - We get 2+ full days on the car, if we spend a day at the mall.............It'll be brutal, but we'll suffer thru it....

Recap : Floors are done, both full 1/4's are done, both fenders are done, inner fenders/firewall are done, front and rear suspension is done, 8-3/4 is done, Scarebird conversion is done, brake system is done... He has a bunch of new parts for it, a full interior except the carpet for it, and my 318 under the workbench is getting restless...... Still stripping/straightening the rest of the body............

Got about a day and a half in on Jake's car this week.... MAJOR progress!!!!! pics will be posted tomorrow or Friday..... body (minus the fenders hood and trunk lid) is in primer, and the window sills and trunk lip are cut in!!!! Jake stripped the trunk lid while I sized up and cut out for the 67-9 fuel filler door.... Waiting for the new filler/tank gasket to arrive so I can put the filler tube in before welding the door patch in place (tank is already under the car) ... also ordered the rebuild kit from Mancini with a shift kit and deep pan for the 904... Jake also has the dash frame done, except I noticed the 2nd coat of paint lifted on one end....He needs to take that end back down and shoot it again.

pics will be posted tomorrow or Friday..... but i just had to post something - I'm getting excited about it again.............

So like I mentioned...we made good progress the last couple of days... Now I'm sizing up fuel door and Jake is working on the trunk lid.... Jake even got Mom to help hold the rear window gasket in place for the trial fit.....

Attachments

• stripping left.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 611
  • stripped rear.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 580
  • left side.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 573
  • rear.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 572
  • right rear.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 580
  • inners and dash.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 584
  • Mom helps.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 586
  • fuel door cut.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 621
Y'all are making good progress. I have been enjoying this thread

Thanks Cliff !!! I think I'm going to take a break form the bodywork once we get the fuel door and trunk lid done, and start on the motor/trans while Jake finishes the refurb of his dash.... It just might be movable under it's own power by Easter....

That will be great. Make a video when it is a lot of us would like to see it.

very cool. me and my gf both agree that our kids first cars will be projects they build them selfs. cant wait for the days ill have kids on FABO. This is really something to be proud of.

Fuel door tacked in place this afternoon just before the Ravens game came on.... also the beginning of Jake cleaning up the dash.... I've also got the trunk lid almost ready for primer - (but no pics of that...yet)

Attachments

• dash left.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 537
  • dash right.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 552
  • fuel tacked.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 527
Thanks Ota... Jake's lil bro is only four and a half, and already (for the last year) says he wants an orange truck with white insides and a white stripe - the boy's got vision,and the wife is dreading it....LOL

Got back out there for an hour after the game... fuel door patch is about 1/2 way welded - I def don't want to warp the middle of the 1/4.... and the trunk lid is now in primer....

Made a little progress tonight... butt-ugly welds and all......lol

I'm really pleased with the way it's fitting and shaping up......the 1st pic was posted the other day, but thought it would look good in order with the next 3....

Still need to feather the bondo out further, but you get the idea.... and it does mount up straight, Jake was holding it off kilter a bit.....

Attachments

• fuel tacked.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 489
  • Fuel Welded.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 509
  • Fuel roughed.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 518
  • Fuel front view.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 515
So we're coming up on mid-February.... Wanted to give a quick update.... We decided to start getting the interior in, and soon, the front and rear windshields so we can close the car up and then get back to the outside of it.... Simply put, I just needed a break from the body and decided to keep a little momentum going by taking on a different part of the car for now.... Next will be getting the engine/trans in place next month...

We started putting the interior together some... Dash has been stripped,paintied, polished, reassembled and installed, carpet is in, headliner is in, prepping and painting all painted interior trim parts, polishing the stainless/chrome pieces....

Pics coming soon.....

i have a whole interior for it red or black trunk lid doors all the metal you will neeed you weld in inner fenders core pm me gr8 parts car 2 marry to that 1 if you wanna take another road trip to wisc

Thanks Winston.... As fun as road trips are, we pretty much have it all...just gotta get it all cleaned up.... Other than marrying the e-body hood buldge to our 65's hood, the body is mostly done..... If we end up missing some little things, I'll hit ya on pm...

Nice thread on a great project. You sure have a great family.

Such cool work on a great Cuda. Can't wait to see more.

Keep it up.

Time to catch the community up on where we are...

Got the fuel door done a while back...

Attachments

• IMG-20130305-00100.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG-20130305-00101.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 365
Jake finished the dash a few weeks ago... Should have entered in the "callin Rani out" dash game that I've been following....Need tofinish wiring the stereo..

Attachments

• IMG-20130305-00102.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG-20130305-00103.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 352
-
Back