Trailer tow pkg, what was in it?

-

SSVDP

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On the options for '66 Barracuda is a trailer tow package.
Does anyone know what this package consisted of?

not sure about 66 but it usually comes with h/d cooling system, 8.75 rear with sure grip, and h/d suspension pkg.

Here is a tow package on a 66 Formula S 4 speed. I don't think the hitch was factory though.

Attachments

• 1966 Mauve Formula S 007.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 155
I have a hitch from a 66 Barracuda. I would suspect it might have included heavier springs (possibly the handling package and the hitch).

I have a hitch from a 66 Barracuda. I would suspect it might have included heavier springs (possibly the handling package and the hitch).
I believe they also came with a heavy duty flasher in glove box- buyer had to change

The book lists: High-capacity cooling system, special radiator, high pressure rad. cap, rad to yoke-to-hood seal, 7-blade fan, fan shroud, heavy duty torsion bars, heavy- duty springs, anti-sway bar, 3.23 rear gears, heavy-duty flasher, 10" drums Mandatory equip. not included in price of towing package: auto trans, oversize tires 7.00x13" BSW

That heavy duty flasher, now THAT was the "IT" LOL

Years and years ago, I get back to work from lunch, and here, in the parking lot, is a Dart with no trunk lid. I was parked nearby. Bear in mind, this was your typical Dart, replendent in slant six smoking hot, AA/FA tower of power, something -er - other X 13" single ply tires, the smallest brakes ever put on anything, and torsion bars made out of surplus rubber bands.

MOUNTED IN THE TRUNK..........the one missing the trunk lid............ is a 5th wheel hitch!!!!!!!

-
Back