Vignogna Racing Engines ruined my racing season

-

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Reaction score
Since I spent over $115,000 in 1.5 years with Vignogna Racing Engines(Jimi Vignogna) from Wappingers Falls, NY on 4 engines and he basically ruined my 2015 season due to poor careless, shoddy work, I need to let everyone know to stay far away from this hacker.
1st Hemi was a KB block Stage V big valve headed 604 CI which he has no clue on what to do with it. He put the wrong head gaskets on it and assembled it running it on the his infamous run stand which made a green pea milk shake out of it.
So after I call Ken Black, KB says you need a special Cometics head gasket designed for our block. Vignogna never did any research on doing a high end engine like this. So Vignogna doesn't take any responsibility on ruining a perfectly good set of head gaskets so who do you think buys the new set of Cometics, Yep me. $220.00 later. Fast forward 2 passes later and the motor lets loose due to no oil pressure because he put in the wrong distributor shaft which did not engage the oil pump deep enough. Bearings seized on the crank and block was never honed correctly or even done because the cylinders were egg shaped and wiped out my rings and scuffed my $$$$ CP pistons. CP specifically also stated to clay all 8 pistons due to the very high compression. Vignogna didn't clay any.
More to come later on the other 2 disasterous indy engine builds. What a waste of time and money from an engine builder who couldn't care less about their customers.
3 aluminum racing engines of mine were all there at one time to be built and all are junk.

So the 3rd time wasn`t the charm? and you went for the 4th?
1st time I`d been lookin elsewhere.#-o

Read the thread again. All 3 motors were up there at the same time. 3 new blocks.
After seeing how his work ethics declined I should have pulled them in Nov. but the bad weather hit fast and hard and I couldn't get everything out and into my garage due to the ice and rain.
He promised m a great engine but it was all a lie.

Attachments

• 604hemi4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 735
  • 604hemi3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 727
yawn...

with your history, everything you say should be taken with a grain of salt. Make sure everyone on the bullet knows about this, I'm sure they'll be easy on you. Maybe it's karma, I don't know.

seems I remember some previous **** storms on another forum from a "Superstockracer"....

Isn't this why you get a contract?

My 588 Indy wedge that he just built me loses oil pressure gong down the track
He never bushed the lifter bores or opened up the oil drain backs.
Vignogna has no experience with aluminum engines.
He never should have taken on the task of building one if he was clueless.

If you knew he had no experience with aluminum engines...why did you take them there?

If you knew he had no experience with aluminum engines...why did you take them there?

Check his posts on the B site. Most of them are like this. Pretty sure the engine builders's story would be entertaining, too.

These are some Uptown Problems.

On another note, didn't know there were 'dedicated' hemi engine builders...

V&V

From your hemmings/ stories. I got to really laugh at this one.
It's funny that Vignogna has lost all of Long Island Ny's business to 3 guys there having catastrophic failures within 25 miles of use.

"We don't have a dyno here, but I don't need one," Lou said. "We've done our calculations, and we know we're getting at least 1,100hp to move this car this way. We took it up to Lebanon Valley, and on the first pass, it broke a pushrod at the eighth-mile mark and shut off, and it still coasted through the lights at 10 flat. That's through the mufflers. The car is legal. It's licensed for the street in New York."

Should have done just one, then went from there. You got tooled, not schooled; sorry man. :tool:

that's a lot of loot to watch go down the drain. I wont even post how my retribution would go down

Hemi only racing engines...Sassy racing engines. in Weare NH. Mostly tractor pulls, all the horsepower and will last all season. started out Drag racing a 426 Hemi in the northeast, then went into tractor pulls. His wife drove the 5 hemi engine Sassy Massy to win The championship years ago and they have many customers who still win with their engines for an entire season.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I used to live literally two minutes from them in NY, and I think the place went down hill when the old man passed away.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I used to live literally two minutes from them in NY, and I think the place went down hill when the old man passed away.

Now you walk in and don't know if you're in a music studio with all the amps, guitars on the wall, and drum set in the front entrance way.
I honestly don't understand why he's still in the business.
You can plainly see that his heart is not in it anymore.
Just wish he'd close the doors and stop taking people's hard earned money.

Pulled the 588 indy wedge motor today, now I got to see what he didn't do and find out why i'm losin oil pressure as soon as oil temps warm up. From 85 cold to 18-20 down the return road and 33 psi crossing the stripe.

"You can plainly see that his heart is not in it anymore"
That is too bad, that is the sense I had the last time I was there, although it still looked like a garage and not a music studio. LOL. I would love to drive by and see a Charger, or Cuda or Duster parked in the lot.

What does music equipment have to do with it? Lot of guys that are into cars are into making music, it goes hand in hand as far as I'm concerned.

-
Back