What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Doing the same thing for the last couple of weekends, fabricating a cold air intake system from scratch. You guys with those big engine bays have plenty of options when it comes to cai's, hood scoops, hoses, snorkels, airboxes, etc. :( With an A100 the engine is under a small narrow doghouse which doesn't give you much for options. Spent time looking at the situation, been fabing up the front portion that attaches to the radiator support, cut a hole above the radiator so cold air enters from in front of the rad, box fully insulated. Just gotta finish the air cleaner box, and a radiator top tank insulated cover and then its off to the drag strip again. Engine should see ambient air temps vs anywhere from first run temps of 140°+ up to incinerator via air through radiator and the "oven broiler" in general:eek:

IMG_20180610_151348.jpg

IMG_20180610_150734.jpg

IMG_20180610_124034.jpg

View attachment 1715186003

IMG_20180613_190618.jpg

IMG_20180613_172758.jpg

Last edited:
Attended a gathering at the old Packard Proving Grounds in Shelby Township (MI). Spent the day with 3 other Twisted Axle Car Club members (check us out on Facebook).

Here's Dennis' 1972 Duster (340 Dual Snorkel)
DSCN8802-cropped (Dennis).JPG

My '71 Dart GT, Mike's '70 Coronet SuperBee (383, Six Pak (carbs & scoop), Pistol-grip 5-speed) & Trent's '84 RamCharger (440 with a '73 Road Runner scoop).

DSCN8866-cropped (Dan-Mike-Trent).JPG

Good day with good friends!

Check the ballast resistor, just happened to me last week.

I will do, thank you for the input.

You've got the perfect stance on that car looks awesome!

Thank you! I'm actually going to put some stiffer leaf springs in it as the tires rub when there are things in the trunk, a full tank of a gas, or a passenger in the vehicle.

Doing the same thing for the last couple of weekends, fabricating a cold air intake system from scratch. You guys with those big engine bays have plenty of options when it comes to cai's, hood scoops, hoses, snorkels, airboxes, etc. :( With an A100 the engine is under a small narrow doghouse which doesn't give you much for options. Spent time looking at the situation, been fabing up the front portion that attaches to the radiator support, cut a hole above the radiator so cold air enters from in front of the rad, box fully insulated. Just gotta finish the air cleaner box, and a radiator top tank insulated cover and then its off to the drag strip again. Engine should see ambient air temps vs anywhere from first run temps of 140°+ up to incinerator via air through radiator and the "oven broiler" in general:eek:

View attachment 1715185937

View attachment 1715185938

View attachment 1715185939

Nice looking engine !! We 67-8-9 fish owner w/ a r/b don`t have any room to spare , especially w/ raised port heads !

I will do, thank you for the input.

Thank you! I'm actually going to put some stiffer leaf springs in it as the tires rub when there are things in the trunk, a full tank of a gas, or a passenger in the trunk.
Good one. In the trunk...:thumbsup::rofl:

View attachment 1715185937

View attachment 1715185938

View attachment 1715185939

You could always run a stack up to the roof and run a scoop on the roof. :D

just finished upgrading the fronts to drilled and slotted to match the rears.

Bruce

drivers side2.jpeg

passenger side2.jpeg

I did drive my Dart to work today. The car decided to shut down and give out right before I got home. The car would start up again but would die immediately (no idle) And then while trouble shooting it the starter decided it didn't want to live anymore. I had to tow it 3 houses up a hill to get to my house. I swear this car hates me.

View attachment 1715185212

View attachment 1715185213

View attachment 1715185214

Follow up... 2 people told me to check the ballast resistor and no such thing is present because MSD Ready-to-Run ignition. So I don't know why this car died. I did pull the starter and all the teeth are there so that means no teeth in bellhousing. I think there are friction discs in here that can get toasty, right? I also lost another 1/2" wrench due to forgetting to remove the negative battery cable. I had a firework show under the car. that was fun.

Praying to God the engine isn't seized. I don't know how to check it as I don't have a socket large enough to turn the crank.

20180611_185011.jpg

20180611_185038.jpg

20180611_201709.jpg

20180611_201904.jpg

20180611_202110.jpg

20180611_202119.jpg

Getting pissy with it. Changed ballast resistor and I still have no spark when cranking. Gonna swap the ignition box and see if I have a bad one installed. Getting power to the key when the car wants to. Fun

Removed spark plugs (all were very black - rich), went to Harbor Freight and picked up some sockets, turned my crank and it's not seized! Yay!

Now what the hell shut my engine down? Do you think it could be my ignition coil?

Drove the 'Cuda to work today!
I start at dark o-clock (4am)....gotta LOVE the @crackedback relay kit....mu lights are awesome....
I rarely drive the 'Cuda at night so I don't often get to use my headlights....man they're great!

I love my 'Cuda!

image000001.jpg
20171121_062946.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:
Tweaking my cooling system.

Swapped thermostats (195 -> 180). Glad I spent the extra loot on the billet waterneck with the O ring. Easy peasy.
20180614_200328.jpg

Also installed a Hood to Rad seal. Purchased from Steele Rubber. Fit good, nice piece. Time will tell on those plastic clips though.
20180614_200311.jpg

Just got back from the St. Jane Frances de Chantal 3rd annual car cruise. We had ~150 cars show up. And, here's something new for me:
IMG_1649.JPG

-
Back