What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
1529163746662444278384.jpg
Last photo didn't work
Sandblasting the engine compartment.

15291638238991620306153.jpg

Can hardly wait to finish. Its been 7 years. A little at a time I guess
15291639782701730594159.jpg

Tried out this ceramic top coat for a sealer that’ everyone raving about and saw how well my mates scamp came up and he offered me a bottle to try. It has given it more depth.

91BE1431-FC31-4762-8246-655C87331E60.jpeg

A90E9CF4-7CC3-48AF-A64E-287D90B46153.jpeg

BD88BF5F-FB8D-48A2-85E8-71EB8CFA9C27.jpeg

CF9E2A5D-38E3-45A4-85DE-DD9B022ACCFD.jpeg

[QUOTE="Tadams, Can hardly wait to finish. Its been 7 years. A little at a time”

Just gotta keep plugging away. For a while I made sure I did something, anything, no matter how small, each & every day. I need to get back into that habit again.

[QUOTE="Tadams, Can hardly wait to finish. Its been 7 years. A little at a time”

Just gotta keep plugging away. For a while I made sure I did something, anything, no matter how small, each & every day. I need to get back into that habit again.
I try to live up to the motto a friend used to say to me to encourage me to build the Dart, "One bolt a day".

New red line tires.... Last week a friend had a front wheel blow out on his 69 Barracuda vert. Hanging tire tread at 70 caused 4K damage to the car.
He checked the DOT code and found his new looking tires were 18 years old.
I checked mine, 15 years old. Wife said new tires before the car moves again.....
In this case I listened to the wife....new tires :D

My second coat of primer, first coat epoxy, high fill this go around. Much easier to sand, did I ever mentioned how much I enjoyed sanding.......

IMG_3293.JPG

IMG_3292.JPG

..just finished replacing the shift lever on my B&M Pro Ratchet.
Pickin' threads for the knob snapped off. Got a replacement from Summit. B&M PN 80586 $50
Replacement procedure not obvious.. Looked like I had to drill the rivets holding the mechanism together. Called B&M.. nothing but crickets on the end of the line. But he tried. I got a call back, saying I had to drill the rivets and separate the mechanism to get the old lever out and install the new one.
It was about an hour job. 4 8/32 x 5/8" allen head bolts replaced the rivets. Good to go.
New shifter is over $300

20180621_105102.jpg

UPDATE: Got fed up with the painter after the car had been at his shop for over a year. He finished all the bodywork, primed and blocked it three times but refused to give me a completion date/schedule for paint. I told him I don't want to have to be buried in this car to be able to enjoy it!

So...went down with a buddy's borrowed enclosed trailer and picked up the car and all the parts.
A little drama but a quick appearance by the local law enforcement cleared up any question about whether my car was leaving with me that same day.
It's now sitting in the trailer at my friend's fab shop.
Already talked to another painter who was supposed to look at the car last week and give me an estimate on time/$$$ to paint. Got a day off tomorrow so going to head down to his shop and see what he's come up with.
The plan is to get it finished in 2018 so I can show it as part of our club's 25th-anniversary 12-car display at the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona in January 2019.

UPDATE: New painter found all the mistakes the prior painter had done. Looks like the prior painter did front fender and door body work with the parts off the car - body lines don't match up.
New painter originally told me body and paint would be finished this month but it doesn't look like it since he still needs to put some color on for the rear stripe, mask for the stripe and then paint body color, then cut and buff.
Waiting is killing me but I want it to be right when finally done.

UPDATE: New painter found all the mistakes the prior painter had done. Looks like the prior painter did front fender and door body work with the parts off the car - body lines don't match up.
New painter originally told me body and paint would be finished this month but it doesn't look like it since he still needs to put some color on for the rear stripe, mask for the stripe and then paint body color, then cut and buff.
Waiting is killing me but I want it to be right when finally done.

...guess that's why it's called 'body shop hell'. I'm really glad I'm passed all that.. Yes, waiting is the hardest part, and not one of my best traits either.
I had to ride the body man like a circus pony, to get any work out of him... Not that I was being an arse about it, a little diplomacy goes a long way.

I did the same thing I have done for a 3 weeks just look at it sitting in the garage unable to work on it due to surgery, oh well time to just stock pile parts ready for when I can. Got my aluminum water and crank pulleys in today and aluminum alt. bracket.

Painted roof on truck, cuz of rust poping thru. haha. Way to nice. Gotta prep rest tomorrow to paint.
Sorry not a body, but is Mopar

15297264851977306157159078948059.jpg

15297265016206136716907353819305.jpg

15297265158692695074751430925634.jpg

Last edited:
I did a front end lube job and a radiator flush with some new Prestone!

20180411_133832.jpg

I did a front end lube job and a radiator flush with some new Prestone!

View attachment 1715190525
PULLED THE SHROUD, NEW CLUTCH FAN, AND GUTS OUT OF THE ALUM PUMP HOUSING . FINALLY BIT THE BULLET AND BOUGHT THE OVERPRICED FLOWKOOLER PUMP, SUPPOSED TO BE HERE WEDNESDAY.. NOW IF I COULD JUST COME UP W/ BETTER BOLTS FOR THE JAGUAR CLUTCH!!

Main bearings for the 440 are backordered so moving on to the body itself - pulled it up to the garage door and washed the crap off it. Hopefully will be able to start some minor rust repairs after I mow a bunch tomorrow with the bush hog.

-
Back