What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I wore my "ClearCut America" baseball cap and drove orange car the long way to work. Ya know to celebrate Earth Day....

Painted a junky ol 360 for the ol man's car today, need to get around to dropping it in soon.

360.jpg

Got her detailed for the downtown car show tomorrow. Ive ran her 3 times since i fixed the intake leak and replaced the radiator a little over a month ago but will be the first time back out on the road after i got it sealed up. Supposed to be 85-90 out tomorrow so we will see how well the new aluminum radiator cools.

62BB3EC4-A763-4687-8738-B14B5012B990.jpeg

Last edited:
In all these decades of old Mopars I have done all my work, except many years ago I had a couple of young gear head kids that would help. Old and woreout. 74. Other day I heard of a local guy that does some mechanic work I might be able to afford to help change out rear ends.
He was not home, but there was a cool 68 Valiant in the front of his shop. Well, not a shop but some tin making a roof over where he works!! ( Better than me!) Looks maybe promising! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well I got the bottom seat done with the added bolster that legendary sold me for my 66 Barracuda I just added the first try with out the bolster

59899818-BC5C-42CE-8412-6E013F8A4C79.jpeg

526A6031-BA9B-4EA9-A4A5-049E6E60BC1F.jpeg

F9C04F14-31ED-4AD3-A02B-5118F93193BA.jpeg

274338AF-774D-4B86-9266-593E75AD6EC6.jpeg

Last edited:
Gonna drive the 64 Bel more door down the old blacktop a little and chill.
And go see IF I can find some help to switch out rear ends in the 64 Savoy. Heavy stuff is hard for this old fart and the wife can't pick up her end!!! She refuses to go to the gym. There is NO gym!

Replaced the ‘71 seats with ‘74 seats in the Cuda (passenger side at least, the driver is at the upholsterer). What a difference! Next week, the rear will go in for a refinish.

CAA14A06-E519-4B5E-9ECF-767D6D11223E.jpeg
FF3A6531-3B0E-46DF-AD83-377D323D3081.jpeg
E5B905D3-21E8-4588-B1BA-BA6EDB5B9DF7.jpeg

Washed the '21 Rebel today, which unfortunately is the same as doing a rain dance. I should've checked the weather.
20220430_192123.jpg

Made a new oil pan and replaced the rod bearings i had a small nock in the engine sens i boutgh it,i thing its been run whid low oil level some time before the old pan was cut down and made from 6 diferent pices of metall a real **** box job so I cut out the hole bottom and welded on an oli pan from a Volvo hevaly modified

20220425_124059.jpg

New starter and front motor mount In the Caravan. Old starter passed all test at Autozone but did not kick out (mounted) or nearly as quick as an out of the box rebuilt they had in stock on the tester. $144 and an hour later and its in and working. When I took the bottom bracket out, the front motor mount fell apart. That **** was $77 by itself! It was $22 online but I could not wait and vatozone would not price match it. I believe the power steering pump is leaking at the high pressure fitting. Do they use a o-ring or copper or nylon washer there? Maybe its just in need of a washer?
20220430_175831.jpg

(Yesterday) finally got the Shelby Dakota in primer. I'm only 8 months behind my self set schedule.....
20220430_122906.jpg

Last edited:
New starter and front motor mount In the Caravan. Old starter passed all test at Autozone but did not kick out (mounted) or nearly as quick as an out of the box rebuilt they had in stock on the tester. $144 and an hour later and its in and working. When I took the bottom bracket out, the front motor mount fell apart. That **** was $77 by itself! It was $22 online but I could not wait and vatozone would not price match it. I believe the power steering pump is leaking at the high pressure fitting. Do they use a o-ring or copper or nylon washer there? Maybe its just in need of a washer?
View attachment 1715920543

thats what i hate about having starters or alternators bench tested, they almost always show good even when they arent. I dont even bother having stuff checked anymore by the parts store. Also seems like its getting hard to find good reman parts, here in the last few weeks at work ive sent 2 starters back to oreillys, two different vehicles. on one the terminal for the solenoid was already corroded and had god awful crimp around the wire with no heat shrink and the copper strands in the wire were already turning green. Second starter for a different vehicle was bad out of the box, starter would turn the bendix but wouldnt kick it out. In both vehicles we sent them back to oreillys and got starters from napa with no issues. Just did a starter on a hyandai santa fe yesterday and i didnt fool around, got a starter from napa because i didnt want to fool around with one from oreillys. No issue with it and worked like its supposed to.

Last edited:
-
Back