Which do you Prefer, BACON or CANADIAN BACON?

Which is better?

• Bacon

Votes: 115 75.7%
  • Canadian Bacon

Votes: 37 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
never herd of canadian bacon only on american tv around here its either bacon or ham or belly meat. belly meat is my fav it is thick cut un smoked bacon awsome fryed with a good shake of salt

never herd of canadian bacon only on american tv around here its either bacon or ham or belly meat. belly meat is my fav it is thick cut un smoked bacon awsome fryed with a good shake of salt

They don't have Egg McMuffins at McDonald's in Canada?

No wrong answer on this one. Canadian bacon goes well in a 4 egg with cheese omelette among other things. Win-win !

often wondered the same.....damn those hosers, Bob ans Doug

As for the ''Bacon'' vs ''Canadian Bacon'' thing, they don't call it ''Canadian Bacon'' here.
They call it ''Back Bacon'' and ''Bacon'' is um well, called ''Bacon''.
I prefer ''Bacon'' over ''Back Bacon''
Another difference here is cheese.
Americans call it ''American Cheese'' and we call it ''Cheddar Cheese''.
''Soda'' in United States is ''Pop'' here in Canada, and ''Candy bars'' in U.S. are ''Chocolate bars'' here in Canada.
Now you guys got me hungry!............

Those 2 guys are Also responsible for everyone thinking we end every sentence with "EH"...eh :D

Not every sentence but it is used alot...eh? LOL

I used to spend alot of time in Grand Forks ND, at the hotel every week there were Canadians staying there and I always heard that "eh" alot lol!!! I asked the girls who work the desk and they heard it alot too. I never seen the movie "Canadian Bacon" before but now I want too!!! Just like he movie "Fargo" not all Minnesotans sound like that lol!!!

In northern MN they say "oofda" lol :glasses7:

Ok, back to the Bacon, eh! :D

Everytime I spend a weekend at the track,its peameal bacon on the BBQ.Gotta love peameal bacon,tomatoe on a kieser bun.Only takes 5 mins too.LOL

Sounds like the "Back Bacon on a Bun" I remember going to the C.N.E. (Canadian National Exhibition) when I was a kid & my Dad would always buy those for us.

Bacon is great , "back bacon" or "Canadian bacon" as you call it is ham , but you really haven't lived untill you've eatan some 100% pure Canadian beaver. (l) Cheers.

I voted bacon even thou the other one sounds better. LOL

If this photo is any indication of a healthy example, I think I'd like to try some. (CNN tower in Toronto pointed out just so you don't think this is some poseur.)

LMAO

Attachments

• CNN tower.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 236
If this photo is any indication of a healthy example, I think I'd like to try some. (CNN tower in Toronto pointed out just so you don't think this is some poseur.)

LMAO

That would be the "CN" Tower (Canadian National, first owned by the railway)
I know CNN owns everything else lol

Canadian bacon and mushrooms on my pizza please, bacon on my plate for breakfast please .........

X2 Mike

Is this the stuff?

Looks like pork loin. I can see why you Canadians call it back bacon. It comes from the back of the pig.

That looks like pork loin to me, rolled in sumpfin.

I think you're correct. I roast loins in the oven for pulled pork sandwiches. I also roast it with apple sauce and cinnamon. Tasty! Cut it thin and grill it and throw it on a bun like Pettybludart does for a quick and tasty sandwich. Around here they are sliced thin and pounded thinner then breaded and deep fat fried. Throw it on a bun with pickle, onion, ketsup and mustard for a delicious pork tenderloin. "Could I have a side of onion rings with that?"

Attachments

• Pork_tenderloin_sandwich.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 220
Wow TMM..... Thats one heck of a good looking sandwich!

Here is the Peameal (back) bacon on a bagel that I ate for lunch yesterday....

Attachments

• DSCF1397 (Copy).JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCF1398 (Copy).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 236
Wow TMM..... Thats one heck of a good looking sandwich!

Here is the Peameal (back) bacon on a bagel that I ate for lunch yesterday....

Peameal Bacon done on the BBQ and served on a Kaizer bun with fried onions and red peppers is the bomb! Try cooking the Peameal as a roast on the rotisary is great too! The original bacon is great as well, but that stuff called "Canadian Bacon / Ham" is not for me. I had never had that before I lived in the states for awhile, you guys are getting false advertising down there.

I think you should add one more voting option for Peameal Bacon.

Try frying or BBQ'n some kabosa (local kind here is Beechroad, made in Hamilton) now thats a treat! Andrew

This is like asking me to choose between my children.

I will say this though, turkey bacon is just plain wrong!!!

You can cure and smoke pork loin for back bacon and pork shoulder for buckboard bacon at home. I suppose you could do the same thing for regular bacon too.

Attachments

• DSC00886.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC00887.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC00890.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 233
Man that looks good^^^^^^

Canadian Bacon is looking pretty yummy right now!

bacon is bacon, ham by any other name, is ham. Bacon. the only real joy in lift. (if you drop it and it breaks, then it is done)

-
Back