who has silver a bodies?

-
Me likee the silver mhmmm.
Weird, just a few days ago I was thinking about painting my 60 valiant silver.
I always liked that old 60's silver look ala mercedes et al. Yeaah that deep...rich...irridescence...drooooooooooooool.

I wanna see 68 and 69 Darts and Barracuda with silver paint and red/dark red interior OR red stripes =P~ =P~

I had to look at this thread to see the 72 with the drag racing wing on the back and its not here. I love that car. the guy that has the lift in his garage and has the swinger the charger and the grand national.Wish he,d post another pic.

I have a 1969 dart GT that is silve with light metalic green interior

1969 DART.jpg

I hope this doesn't open a can of worms but...
Silver is shinny gray and the most unsafe color available.
Gray car in a gray road on a gray day. Think about it.
They need lots of chrome, lights, reflective stripes, anything to draw notice.

No offense but if you cannot see a 3000+ lb ANYTHING moving on the road because it is gray then you either need to turn in your drivers license or get your eyes checked.

No offense but if you cannot see a 3000+ lb ANYTHING moving on the road because it is gray then you either need to turn in your drivers license or get your eyes checked.

Amen to that .. silver is one of (if not THE) most popular colors on the road, start looking around. Are impact colors brighter, yeah. Are they "safer" colors, statistically maybe (never seen a study regarding). Would I use this info to base what color I wanted to paint my toys ? Nope - daily driver might fair better in flourescent orange in the Pacific Northwest (silver/gray would blend right in on 95% of your days!). Anyways - paint it a color you love and drive it like you stole it!

I can see where you are coming from redfish...consider the can opened :lol: ... but then again I had someone almost smash the front of MY car the other day because he "didn't see it" .... and I said (yelled at him!!) " you have got to be kidding, you didn't SEE THIS CAR???!!!
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=40646

I think that if they are not going to see it, it doesn't really matter what color it is..., they just aren't looking.... my duster would probably be dead if it weren't for the color or ninja driving skills (aka luck) ...

There was a gun metal demon on ebay within the last year that looked AMAZING..! AND don't forget the DustAAR

http://dustaar.1afm.com/

Winchester gray with some black steelies all around, with wide ones in the back....oh god that screams business

All I have to say is .........WOW... I am definitely in the right place:headbang:

Amen to that .. silver is one of (if not THE) most popular colors on the road, start looking around. Are impact colors brighter, yeah. Are they "safer" colors, statistically maybe (never seen a study regarding). Would I use this info to base what color I wanted to paint my toys ? Nope - daily driver might fair better in flourescent orange in the Pacific Northwest (silver/gray would blend right in on 95% of your days!). Anyways - paint it a color you love and drive it like you stole it!

Yeah Its just statistics. Orange is the safest color on a car and gray is the most unsafe.
Would there be no accidents if every car was orange ? That's silly. The first 2 cars ever built collided and they were both black.
Its bound to happen. Nahum 2:4
Ever wonder why every mfgr build lots of gray cars ?
Why limited production models include gray (silver) in a very short list of color choises ?
Just crap to think about LOL
Paint it camofloge :)

Actually there have been studies done on color and how well they blend in. Grey was the worst. Not sure about the silver though. I guess it would be one step up from the grey. I've witnessed it myself about 20 yrs ago when I was stationed out in kansas. I almost pulled out in front of a grey car that blended almost perfectly with the pavement. I'm not turning in my liscence either!!

According to Boyd's Book Of Odd Facts, by LM Boyd :read2:"A Detroit authority says nobody knows why the drivers of red automobiles are more likely to get into wrecks than are the drivers of other color cars. But the accident statistics indicate such to be the case." So it's the red cars that will kill you. Now let's see some more pictures of silver A bodies. Besides the suns always shining when I'm with my Mopar.

love silver,, had a 73 road runer factory silver,,my daily driver silver ram,,, and my barracuda was originally silver,, was a hard decission to paint it black, il try to post pics of towing it home, pic of silver cuda wont post its a scanned pic,, any one know how to post a scanned pic,,gues its not a j peg

dodge ram stripe and bike 003.jpg

I heard that according to insurance studies dark blue is the hardest color to see on a car and yellow is the easiest. I also heard insurance costs more if your car is red. Meh.

I have a bright yellow '04 f-150 and people don't see it, the day we drove it off the lot someone tried to hit it, I commonly have people pull out in front of me. It's a 19ft bright yellow truck how hard is it to see?

I know its not a A but except for the wheels...

RogansCuda1.jpg

Yeah Its just statistics. Orange is the safest color on a car and gray is the most unsafe.
Would there be no accidents if every car was orange ? That's silly. The first 2 cars ever built collided and they were both black.
Its bound to happen. Nahum 2:4
Ever wonder why every mfgr build lots of gray cars ?
Why limited production models include gray (silver) in a very short list of color choises ?
Just crap to think about LOL
Paint it camofloge :)

Had to check out that Nahum 2:4 reference ... pretty good. I've got some "written in my heart", but can't say I recall these at all! Not bad, I'll share so not to confuse (NIV)..... I especially like the mention of a-bodies "dart" !

"The chariots storm through the streets, rushing back and forth through the squares.They look like flaming torches; they dart about like lightning."

Interpritation varries with version. One goes something like
"They will seem like torches. They will sound like thunder, move like lightning and jostile one against another in the broadways."
Definately mopars LOL

-
Back