Who says you can get a title through broadway???????????????????????

-
well, to the post above about getting another car with title and switching, that will not work in my case, as i want to keep the car a to what it really is, a twister. i think it is too hard to find another tister for scrap price.lol

Hey Plot, I cant beleive you came all the way down here to buy that duster LOL, it was right here on FABO for months for sale at half the price and got no bites!!!!!!!!!!!! And it is a pretty nice body, but I can show you pics of where rust was cut out and replaced on the rockers, and in front of the rear wheel. It would be cool to paint back petty blue, and put B5 blue twister stripes on it!! Good luck with the car!!!!!

yes, please show me pics... how much was it listed on here for?????????????????

well, to the post above about getting another car with title and switching, that will not work in my case, as i want to keep the car a to what it really is, a twister. i think it is too hard to find another tister for scrap price.lol

Not to mention its fraud and punishable by huge fines and prison time.

Dont know how it works in every state, but I got title for a car just last fall that I had absolutely no paperwork on. $20 for a level 2 inspection by a retired LEO at state MVD facility that checks the vin and partials against state/national records. $50 through my insurance company for a $1000 bond to cover my *** if a previous owner pops out of the woodwork, required by the state. Final fee was $4 at the MVD office for a nice fresh title in my name. $74 total and a couple hours of my time. Money and time well spent.

Do it the "legal way" and you'll have no issues down the road.

340plot -- Hey I saw your post and decided to go through my titles and vin plates from cars I parted out. I have (2) for 72 Plymouth dusters -- Title's and Vin plates. Became a hobby of mine when i parted out the cars I always kept these. I never signed the titles over to my name, nor had them notorized, since I new I was cutting up. But both are signed on the back by the name of the title holders who I bought the parts cars from. So really all you would need is some one to notarize them for you then apply for a new title from there..... One is NJ and the other is NC. No clue if either was a twister....can you even determine that by the VIN # and title??

Let's face it now-a-days what are you suppose to do when you get into this situation. . . . PM me if it will help you out.

Its not the 100% legal way, but it is a way and beats crushing a car that you want to keep. . . . .

Broadway has changed their list of states they won't deal with. I used them about four years ago to get a title for my '69 Town and Country wagon. It took weeks waiting but they titled it in Alabama and sent me that title and a new bill of sale. Took it to DMV and I was good to go (I'm in VA). I would do the mechanic's lien or the abandon vehicle. I'm bummed because I bought a '69 300 convertible as a parts car and was thinking that it may be on the edge of being 'fixable" but it was a no title car. One word though. My 300 was from NY, they didn't issue titles until 1975 or so. Before that, all you got was a registration. I'm hoping that my be my saving grace in titling the 300. If the state you got your car from didn't issue titles until after the car's orignial sale date that may help you. Not sure, just a thought.

demon34071: do you have anything for a 70 Dart Swinger? I have a really nice one that I can only take to the track, I would like to reg. for the highway.

as a side thought, anyone out there that has the connections to a towing company or salvage yard this could be a side business that could help a lot of us out and turn a proffit at the same time?!

yea, i will not build it with a different numbers. then tere is not point. it would still be a /6 or what ever the other title says

REPLICAR RACER::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: IS YOUR NAME IN THIS STACK OF PAPRERS? DO YOU KNOW THE PERSON YOU BOUGHT IT FROM? OR DID YOU BUY IT FROM THE SON OF THE DECEASED FATHER?

Not hard to get a title here in Illinois have to get it bonded and take pics of it to send in.The last 2 cars I did cost me $200.00-$250.00.Do you you know someone in another State that could help you out.Hell send me the info and I will get you a Iliinois title.

Jim

340plot -- Hey I saw your post and decided to go through my titles and vin plates from cars I parted out. I have (2) for 72 Plymouth dusters -- Title's and Vin plates. Became a hobby of mine when i parted out the cars I always kept these. I never signed the titles over to my name, nor had them notorized, since I new I was cutting up. But both are signed on the back by the name of the title holders who I bought the parts cars from. So really all you would need is some one to notarize them for you then apply for a new title from there..... One is NJ and the other is NC. No clue if either was a twister....can you even determine that by the VIN # and title??

Let's face it now-a-days what are you suppose to do when you get into this situation. . . . PM me if it will help you out.

Its not the 100% legal way, but it is a way and beats crushing a car that you want to keep. . . . .

Yep. Google "mopar vin decoder".

guys.lol i am not going to switch the vin on the car.... the fender tag and vin show it to be a twister 318, and if it did not, i would not have even bought it. i want to drop my 340-4 speed in a twister, but not in a plain jane duster. if that was the case,i would just buy a /6 car for 1/2 the cost.

replicaracer, btw, i traded the car fgor a open car trialer i bought a long time ago, and had about 1100.0 into it, so i still no matter what think i got a great deal on it. and you did a great job on the metal

guys.lol i am not going to switch the vin on the car.... the fender tag and vin show it to be a twister 318, and if it did not, i would not have even bought it. i want to drop my 340-4 speed in a twister, but not in a plain jane duster. if that was the case,i would just buy a /6 car for 1/2 the cost.

replicaracer, btw, i traded the car fgor a open car trialer i bought a long time ago, and had about 1100.0 into it, so i still no matter what think i got a great deal on it. and you did a great job on the metal

Oh, I gotcha. Yeah, man, get a mechanic's lien.

no, its the 100% ILLEGAL way and you can do prison time for it.

If you dont want to use Broadway title or one of the other "title" companies go through your local State Motor Vehicle office and do it LEGALLY.

Each state does it differently, and they seem to make it as difficult as possible. If they would make it at least clear how it could be done, then title companies wouldn't have the business that they do. When I went through Broadway before it was because I was told by VA's DMV that I needed to verify with every state that there were no liens, that the car was not stolen, etc. Which sounds fair enough and maybe straight forward enough until you realize that only about 12 states will do this though request of files and forms, there are some that stated that the forms had to be submitted in person, and one of those was the District of Columbia. If anyone thinks that their DMV is a waste of time they are minor league compared to D.C.!!

If there is another way, I'd love to know about it! That was the only reason I ponied up the $350 for Broadway before.

demon34071: do you have anything for a 70 Dart Swinger? I have a really nice one that I can only take to the track, I would like to reg. for the highway.

Sorry, but no I don't -- 71,72,73 only... that's the only years I ever parted.

replicarracer..................................................... i think you know a few of the other cars that are right near you in mt. airy. a trucking company that has a 73 340-3 speed sitting out front near a 340-4 speed full roller, out on fancy gap rd(near acme monuments.lol)

ANY CHANCE YOU STILL HAVE THE BUILD SHEET FOR THIS PETTY BLUE CAR.? THE GUY YOU BOUGHT IT FROM TOLD ME HE MADE SURE HE GAVE IT TO YOU. man i pray you still have it.lol

ANY CHANCE OF YOU SELLING ANY OF THE OTHER ITEMS? =P~=P~=P~

Naa, it had no title when I bought it either. It was a package deal, that I bought manily to get the other parts that came with the deal. I do have the build sheet, PM me on that. Some of parts got sold off the car, like the hood scoops, but it was missing most everthing else it is now. I did give the guy who bought it the orig engine for it though, did you get that with it? It was missing the trans, and a ton of small stuff....That will be one sweet duster if you finish it!!!! Def way more solid than most out there!!

yea, a build sheet is great.lol i actuall had a hour phone convo with the guy rob, you bought it from, and i am going to sell it to him for 1 dollar, as the indemnity paperwork is in his name, and he is going to apply for the title, and then sell it back to me after he gets it inspected! i happy about that.

i did not get the engine. he said he junked it oh, well, i got a 340 to pack in it with a 4-speed.lol

im in va. and i'm in the process of getting a title for a 70 duster that someone threw in with another car for a trade. im going threw joe matlock in la. said it would be 2 to 4 weeks. that was a week ago so still waiting , but he said i would get a la title in my name to transfer to va here. i just had to have a local cop do a vin inspection and send him the bill of sale that was notarized. he has a site called www.cartitlesforsale.com

-
Back