Wives/Girlfriends = Car Women

How many of you have wives/girlfriends/significant other who works on cars?

• Yup my wife/girlfriend/significant other stands by me and is a willing mechanic.

Votes: 29 20.1%
  • My wife/girlfriend/boyfriend helps now and then.

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Nope I get zero support or help

Votes: 61 42.4%

• Total voters
-
my wifes too busy shoveling the driveway of all the snow to help with the car.... i mean don't get me wrong i'd ask for help but i know it's cold outside and she just wants to hurry up and get that driveway cleaned off so she can come in and make dinner...... what can i say, i've got a big heart, i don't want to see her out there all night doing that ya know?

:stop:just kidding.... she is really supportive and listens to me talk about it (and her eyes glaze over) but she happy for me. She doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to hold and that's fine by me. But I can say that when i came home with the dart she starting converting the price of it to shoes and purses. she's a keeper......:-D

My wife has absolutely no interest in cars, car shows, etc, and spends most of her free time doing volunteer work of one type of another.

On the other hand, she never objects when I buy a car or parts, and doesnt expect me to ask her permission.

same here! ! and you're from western PA too! i hope we're not married to the same girl??!?!?!?

The senior members know my Wife is a sweetheart about my hobbies. She helps in the garage, will bring me lunch/coffee/water etc. when asked, and will suggest I spend a nice Saturday afternoon getting the car together while she takes care of the laundry & shopping.

She also let's me buy guitars too. I'm up to 4 at the moment. I swear...she's a Saint. Needless to say, I support her in all of her interests, and I have become a Met fan through her. We live about 15 minutes from Citi-Field and go to a lot of games. And I help her when she has to re-wrap a ball of yarn while she knits. And I help when she bakes....

Works for us! 8)

Here she is cheering me on while sitting in the shade munching on a bagel and enjoying an iced coffee.

Barracuda339-vi.jpg

My wife helps when ask, will go get parts and even cleans the car and takes to car shows when I cannot go.

She wanted the Dart convertible and encouraged the mods.

If I said I wanted a part she would say buy it.

She wanted the electric cut outs

Her 1st new car was a 68 GTX and would like another one.

Due to her medical condition she doesn't take the cars as much as she use to, but still enjoys them.

Last year needed to bleed the brakes on the dart and she was in the drivers seat ready to do it.

And it's those little tasks that mean so much.... The willingness to participate. I'm glad to hear you have an understanding Wife too. My Wife grew up surrounded with British sports cars as a child. That was her Father's kink. Along with motorcycles. She's not a hard core "Car-Gal", but understands, and tolerates, more than most average women would. I'm lucky.

And yes, she goes to shows, both with and without the Barracuda.

She also let's me buy guitars too. I'm up to 4 at the moment. I swear...she's a Saint.

Works for us! 8)

same here with the guitars too! she loves that stuff and when i see something i like she always says "you should get that" no more fiddles though... I need more done on the car! glad to see there are other's like us in the world!

My boyfriend will help me by passing tools or unscrewing things that are too tight for me even though he completely hates my car, and its salt in the wound to him that its a Plymouth and not a Dodge. He's willing to help though, and promised he'd buy me lots of parts and a charger to restore for him once we get moved up to the Army base. I'm a lucky girl :D

We got married @the Mopar Nats - and it was HER idea. She's not afraid to work on the cars either.

And before everyone asks - no, she doesn't have any sisters! LOL

My wife is behind me 100% with my car fetish, in fact she "made" me buy the Dart. She also was in the shop helping me when I built my Dakota a few years ago. She would help me much more if it weren't for her muscle limitations due to a muscle disease the she is stuck with. I am very proud of my wife!!!

same here with the guitars too! she loves that stuff and when i see something i like she always says "you should get that" no more fiddles though... I need more done on the car! glad to see there are other's like us in the world!

I was up to six different basses when she "suggested" we thin the heard. I replied "no problem" and immediately sold off 2 of the in-expensive ones... 8)

The acoustic and the 3 on the right survived.

GRM075-vi.jpg

We got married @the Mopar Nats - and it was HER idea. She's not afraid to work on the cars either.

And before everyone asks - no, she doesn't have any sisters! LOL

Way cool! The closest I can come to that was us going to the Garlits museum while we were on our Honeymoon at Disney. :-D
DisneyVacation2003079-vi.jpg

Plus she surprised me with an 8 lap ride in a stock car at the Petty school in Orlando.
DisneyVacation2003043-vi.jpg

She got so caught up in the moment she decided to go for a 2 lap ride-along with a track driver. They were lapping at about 150, I was kept under 130, which pissed me off... But she had a blast!
DisneyVacation2003047-vi.jpg

This was our Honeymoon....

And I get asked about her having sisters too. No, she doesn't have any either....
:angry7:

My wife Angel is just that, she loves the Duster as much as I do, we are putting a new headliner in tomorrow, and if I say we need something for it, she says lets get it, she even helped me rebuild the engine and install it.

Yup, my significant other of the past seven years isn't afraid to get her hands dirty. She's a quick learner. It doesn't hurt that she's a Neuroscience lab tech in a Biomedical Sciences lab. Her dad was a college physics professor so the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Science geek.:toothy10: I consider myself a relatively smart guy when it comes to wrenching on the vehicles but she has come up with numerous solutions to problems I've been stumped with. She solves problems from a physics standpoint with her fiery brain! Not to mention she has a unique sense of humor. A wonderful companion.8)

She solves problems from a physics standpoint with her fiery brain! Not to mention she has a unique sense of humor. A wonderful companion.8)

Your a lucky Dude..... I honestly feel bad for couples that don't connect with likes/dis-likes.

My wife doesn't help me with work on the car and that's ok with me because she is busy doing so many other things around the house.A few years ago I told her I wanted a classic car and she told me how much we could afford (she handles the money)I'm too unreliable for that.I found my car and she wrote the check,not bad eh? She goes to some cruise ins and some shows and goes for drives with me from time to time. No complaints but then I haven't told her about my "plans" for the car.:-D She's a good wife and mother,not sure if I deserve her.8)

She will go to a show every now and then, working on a car is a roll eyes in back of head kind of thing, but I don't scoop horse poop, and she don't wash my car....... it works out kinda good that way. I work on fences, stalls, horse trailer when needed. Im not playing fair.. but I don't like to ride horse's. Now she will ride with me on the Harley, one trip was 3,640 mile in one week.
So im not one sided heres a pic of the horses, instead of the H.D.

puppies 049.jpg

My wife helps me when I need that third hand I was'nt born with. She is willing to help with most things. Since I have two passions Cars and Music she tells people she is the silent financial partner. That is so true! Nothing gets done without a check book you know!

John B.

My son (~9) is my chief assistant in the garage. It is another great example of how home schooling works so well for us. He does not say that much when I try to explain things to him but he promptly explains everything in the finest detail to his mother and sisters when he gets back in the house. Go figure! We put the syndicated Alice Cooper radio show on and I am educating him properly with classic rock 'n roll. :snakeman:

At age 7, he was politely showing his mother the difference between disc and drum brakes on a rental car while we were in Hawai'i. Obviously, he is picking something up along the way.

My eldest daughter (12) is my official project photographer as she tries out her digital camera. I cannot help there as we still like our film SLR.

My wife and middle daughter (10) will come out for a look now and again in the garage. I am satisfied with that level of effort.

MY WIFE IS BEHIND ME 100% HELPING ME RECREATE WHAT i HAD NEW IN 1970, SOME TIMES WE HAVE TO PINCH PENNIES BUT SHE HAS NEVER SAID NO ABOUT MY DREAM, AND SHE CAN SHIFT IT AS WELL AS I CAN . SHE MAY NOT BE A GEARHEAD BUT SHE IS THERE FOR ME. BADART I FEEL THAT COMMENT WILL COME BACK TO BITE YOU BIG TIME SOME DAY. MAYBE YOU NEED TO SPEND SOME TIME IN THE KITCHEN AND THE BEDROOM AND SEE WHAT SHE DOES FOR YOU.

MY WIFE IS BEHIND ME 100% HELPING ME RECREATE WHAT i HAD NEW IN 1970, SOME TIMES WE HAVE TO PINCH PENNIES BUT SHE HAS NEVER SAID NO ABOUT MY DREAM, AND SHE CAN SHIFT IT AS WELL AS I CAN . SHE MAY NOT BE A GEARHEAD BUT SHE IS THERE FOR ME. BADART I FEEL THAT COMMENT WILL COME BACK TO BITE YOU BIG TIME SOME DAY. MAYBE YOU NEED TO SPEND SOME TIME IN THE KITCHEN AND THE BEDROOM AND SEE WHAT SHE DOES FOR YOU.

I concur.

same here! ! and you're from western PA too! i hope we're not married to the same girl??!?!?!?

Interesting. Mine shovels snow and doesnt know how to hold a screwdriver either. At the very least, they must be related - lol.

Interesting. Mine shovels snow and doesnt know how to hold a screwdriver either. At the very least, they must be related - lol.
I would seriously laugh for about an hour if this proved to be true. :-D

I would seriously laugh for about an hour if this proved to be true. :-D

I am really glad I am not the only lucky one here!:cheers:

I really feel for some of you guys.:angry7:

-
Back