words that u hate to see in ads

-
440 Hemi
Dart R/T
Road Runner and it does not have a RM vin
Painted but needs buffed out ( So I guess the paint job is **** and you do not want to spend the time to buff it out?)
Super Bird and it's a Super Bee

a 1966,1967,1972,1973,1974 Charger R/T

If it does not sell I am going to crush it or junk it.

- Blue book value is _________________________

- rust free

- new alternator, distributor . (almost always means electric problem)

Theres more but thats off the top of my head .

"Restored"....never are!!
"Posi.....how'd they get it to fit in a Mopar??
"Rough but Restorable"...really??
"All Original".....never are!!

"pics tell all" - no they don't. don't use that as an excuse to leave out that its a rustbucket and that the engine bay is a rats nest that you didn't take a picture of
"NO TEST DRIVES" - car doesn't actually drive at all, but no one can tell you it cant because you won't let them drive it til they bought it
"make offer..." - list what you want, you spazoid. if you don't, its obviously too much
"ready for paint" - slathered with bondo and primer so I can ditch this POS on someone else

the two things that aggravate me beyond all belief is:

1. They put up a for sale ad, but there is ZERO contact information on it. No phone #, no email, not even a carrier pigeon contact. I think this mixture is composed of 50% guys whose wife is riding them to sell it or they are just too stupid to realize that they never put down a contact

2. For sale ads without pictures. This drives me mad. I don't wanna waste my time driving out to your property or whatever for you to hassle me about buying some collander of a car/

Don't see this as much on Mopars, usually street rods,"rare model, only *** made". When you put the 350 and 700r4, and mustang II front end in it you removed it from the rarity list.

I hate when people put something like "price is going up the more I work on it"

The one word that always gets me is--- SOLD--- that always happens when I am looking for parts!!!

any of the following words that allow them to add $20,000 or even more to the price

numbers matching, barn find, survivor, hemi trans, r/t emblems, tribute, clone, documented, etc.

it's not the words that bother me, it's the big price tag for what exactly? so you can store it in a facility or tow it around? I know not everyone agrees but I like the down and dirty ole mopar we can hop in and drive. if you fix it all up and make it nice to your liking, and go to a show with it great. or to the track or whatever. but trying to jack someone out of their (hard earned) money with clever wording... grrrr.

that being said those words at the top don't mean much to me lol. my two words for those kind of big dollar flippers "stuff it"

Yeah have to agree with barn find. Runs and Drives! (yeah on 3 cylinders and would flat out drive down driveway into the garage under it's own steam)

" Mechanic's special"
Meaning: past all hope

Some surface rust.
Translation: You couldn't lock your cat inside the car overnight and expect it to still be
there in the morning!

-
Back