you guys see this new 392 block thats coming??

-
YES... you are right.... only MOPAR is good at manipulating that.... high demand for hemi...so they slowly make them and release them keeping them at a high cost...its total bullshit. ALL mopar parts are crazy high... cranks, pistons, heads etc.... i hate to cuss here.... but FORD and CHEVY actually MEET demand and the costs are low.... for gods sake all the parts are made out of the same metals....drives me batty that if you build a mopar be prepared to pay double the cost for parts.....:wack:

no one is stopping you from stepping up and building the parts.. fill the market ya think is there... go for it man..

problem is that mopar guys all want something made right up till they see the price on it. then the cheap asses say nope don't want it and leave the poor bastard that spent all the money to tool up and produce said parts broke.. hell just look at some of the aftermarket front suspension threads here. its all about who can buy the cheapest one. they don't care about anything but cost.

Oh comon... you can advocate the artificially inflated prices?! so your logic is stating that the "others" quality is poor and substandard compared to mopars? please... once you say mopar the price goes up... not a matter of who cries about it... its the point that its kept that way.... like mopars are for the rich and famous or something...... As for wanting cheaper parts.... there is a difference between "cheap" parts... and "cheap" cost due to VOLUME... if the suppliers lowered the prices MORE people would build mopars..... this is all about keeping the prices high for PROFIT not becuase the piston material for a chevrolet is cheaper than the piston material for a mopar.... please....

oh brother. you are in the wrong hobby. get out now before you have a stroke.

this is all about keeping the prices high for PROFIT not becuase the piston material for a chevrolet is cheaper than the piston material for a mopar.... please....

all about volume man. get your head out of your *** and really look at it.

if the suppliers lowered the prices MORE people would build mopars.....

highly unlikely.

Good so your one of the few that goes whistling and skipping to the parts house for your parts happy to pay those prices..... i have been doing this long enough to see the evolution and skyrocketing prices on mopars and associated parts.... its sad.... take that 5.0 mustang in your photo... a whole NEW engine for it would be the cost of a nice rebuild kit for a 440.... is your mustang any less of a joy? not about having a stroke... just about it would be pleasant for moparts to come in line with other prices.... the same piston and rod and head makers make big 3 parts...at the same plants with the same materials... cant justify the prices to me..sorry... just a converstion on supply and demand... i took economics in college... i know how they can be manipulated... and thats what this is... plain and simple...kinda like the dodge dealer bumping the prices on the hellcats by 20k..... mopar taught those dealers a lesson didnt they... they withheld them from those dealers for their bullshit moves..... at least someone is thinking about the buyers finally...

Tarvin you speak the truth, unfortunately I don't see it changing.

Tarvin you speak the truth, unfortunately I don't see it changing.

me neither just wishful thinking...oh for the late 60s and 70s again when this stuff was affordable to the common man. now you actually have to have a specific budget plan and investment strategy for a good mopar build...

me neither just wishful thinking...oh for the late 60s and 70s again when this stuff was affordable to the common man. now you actually have to have a specific budget plan and investment strategy for a good mopar build...
The thing is, when these cars were built, They WERE expensive! MORE then Furd or Chebbies. That was one of the reasons they sold slower then the other two. Now, that lack of sales equates to high prices for replacement parts. :burnout:MT

Good so your one of the few that goes whistling and skipping to the parts house for your parts happy to pay those prices..... i have been doing this long enough to see the evolution and skyrocketing prices on mopars and associated parts.... its sad.... take that 5.0 mustang in your photo... a whole NEW engine for it would be the cost of a nice rebuild kit for a 440.... is your mustang any less of a joy? not about having a stroke... just about it would be pleasant for moparts to come in line with other prices.... the same piston and rod and head makers make big 3 parts...at the same plants with the same materials... cant justify the prices to me..sorry... just a converstion on supply and demand... i took economics in college... i know how they can be manipulated... and thats what this is... plain and simple...kinda like the dodge dealer bumping the prices on the hellcats by 20k..... mopar taught those dealers a lesson didnt they... they withheld them from those dealers for their bullshit moves..... at least someone is thinking about the buyers finally...

Boo freaking hoo.

For every one mopar there are 30 Chevy 350s...

*Disclaimer* the numbers are not perfectly correct for every area they are within plus or minus 2

That's the thing tarzan is missing, there are FAR more chevies built than mopars, NOT BECAUSE THE PARTS ARE CHEAPER, but because there are 10 of them for every 1 mopar. Go comare the cost to find, and build a SOHC 427 side oiler ford motor compaired to a 350 chevy. There are very few out there, thus the parts are higher. Its not a "mopar thing" to be more expensive, its simple supply and demand

I know those old 392s were heavy, I bet these newer blocks with the extra beef and "diesel grade iron" weigh 500 lbs bare lol. Unless by diesel grade they mean CGI.

The old Hemis are cool but I'd take a 3G one any day, sure it's a pain to get the electronics working but the engines themselves are all over the place and pretty cheap. Not to mention HP/cube is the best of any Mopar V8 ever made and they don't blow half the unburned mixture out the exhaust below 3500 RPM.

It's supply and command...

Since there is more volume in the Ferd & Chebby parts, they can make the tooling to make the maximum amount of parts at the minimum cost.

There may not be enough volume for them to sell the Mopar parts, so they are made with lower volume tooling and cost more...

Denial and error....

Nobody here is gonna get one anyway so what's the difference?

YES... you are right.... only MOPAR is good at manipulating that.... high demand for hemi...so they slowly make them and release them keeping them at a high cost...its total bullshit. ALL mopar parts are crazy high... cranks, pistons, heads etc.... i hate to cuss here.... but FORD and CHEVY actually MEET demand and the costs are low.... for gods sake all the parts are made out of the same metals....drives me batty that if you build a mopar be prepared to pay double the cost for parts.....:wack:

Lol!!! I think MOPAR's ability to manipulate a 1st gen 392 $ ended at the dealers in
1958!!! As far as LA B/RB blocks go, I've been out of the scene and back but,I didn't know
good blocks were hard to find?!!If you're talking race blocks,such as compacted graphite
type,I suppose those are left to the NAPCAR bunch,whatever the're running.
You sound bitter tarvy, maybe you should hang some bay breeze air freshners on
a fan, turn it on and sip a pina colada!! And I completely disagree,the parts are not double
(quality ones anyway),and depending on your goal you will be buying less parts.People tend
to buy more than they need "to play it safe",and that is good practice in certain areas of
eng. building,ARP rod bolts & hi quality valves,springs& hardware for sure.But look what the
avg. "C" guy has to buy just to run a cam approaching .500" REAL lift and any REAL valve
spring load.Long slot rockers,have screw in studs installed,and have the pushrod holes then
opened w/the "lewis tool" or drilled(the former prefered),mandatory if selecting 1.6 units no
matter what.Not to mention cutting the seats for those springs etc. You can put a 340/360
in the low twelves/hi elevens w the stock all the above except the spring seat milled down
for the dual inner,THAT'S a fact!! Not to mention the lobe profiles we can run w/.904 lifters
they can't dream of running,no contest.Yes,it's frustrating to see the same eddy intake for
$30-60 less,but neither you or I are gonna change that so I just take comfort in my Mopars
inherent superiority!

the more new mopar parts available is cool. the freight to ship them over from korea is a factor, and if made in usa they would sell more. there is a foundry in mass. that could make it. and if u are paying double to build a mopar over a chevy u need to learn to shop around better. the 392 came in cars in 1957-58, u could probably buy a new block in 1959 to ?

Me too. A 56 model 331.

Nice what you doing with it?. I have a 392 still in my 58 Imp coupe and I also have a 56 331 industrial that was originally on a farm powering a pump. Albeit locked up and siting on a stand in my garage.

Dont know if I will do anything with it but I just like having it.

-
Back