1967 Cuda FB project

-
Looking at overhead projectors, anyone have any good ideas???

SNKEBIT, there are a lot of good deals for reasonable $$ on eBay. - Of course, you can get burned too. I've had quite a few projectors over the past 10 years. - Some were valued at $6-8,000. Two of the biggest factors for choosing the right one are how big you want the image to be and how dark an environment you have. Naturally, the higher the lumens rated number, the brighter the display will be. Try to get as bright as you can afford unless you're in a room that is totally dark. Resolution is also important. The larger your display is going to be the more you will notice pixelation, so go hi-res.

One of the most frequent problems is that the bulbs have only a limited lifespan. - And some replacement bulbs can run you $500. So it's worth it to check on the cost of replacement bulbs before making your choice on which projector to buy.

Another consideration is where you're going to mount the projector. Many projectors have an option to be used as a rear projector. It would mean that your projector will shine the image on a screen material that allows light to shine through. It's great for outside or if you want to drop a screen in the middle of a room from the ceiling or if you want a projector room with a wall opening that is screened.

Not all projectors have the same options for keystone correction. If you mount your projector on the ceiling or on the floor it will shoot the display at an angle and cause it to be trapezoid shaped. Keystone correction allows you to adjust the image back to a rectangular shape. Some do a better job of it than others.

The material you're going to have your display on makes a difference too. The best are specially made to reflect light more efficiently and will make your image seem clearer. At our farm we set up a theater in our barn hayloft. We had a 20 foot by 30 foot screen. IT WAS AWESOME!! Talk about a real movie theater atmosphere! I'd bought a used projector that was rated at around 20,000 lumens and also got the good display canvas. We could watch movies with quite a bit of ambient light . - Of course they looked better in a darkened environment.

For Halloween I purchase 3 different projectors. They were fairly inexpensive and we only displayed on 8 foot by 10 foot areas. That's as big as most people use. The lumens ratings were only around 2000. We had to wait until dark to see our displays.

After looking at these new parts I guess I wasn't too far out of line when I called it "FrankenCuda". That would make a nice license plate "FRKNCUDA".

Treblig

After looking at these new parts I guess I wasn't too far out of line when I called it "FrankenCuda". That would make a nice license plate "FRKNCUDA".

Treblig

FRKNCDA We only get 7 letters in Wisc. Got me thinking, now I have to design a frankencuda logo................... :glasses7:

I dunno... - Got the feeling that folks seeing the plate will be referring to it as 'the Frickin' Cuda. I could see a FRANKENCUDA logo with plates that read 'ITLIVES'.

What is that? A compressor?

ITLIVES is a good idea. And a Frankencuda would be a fish with stitches, a goofy haircut and bolts in its neck, right?

Picked up the parts car today. It will serve two purposes, engine parts and electronics for the Cuda and spare parts for our daily driver Magnum that is also all wheel drive.
Not bad, got a smokin' deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost temped to put back together. lol
View attachment WP_20151117_001.jpg

View attachment WP_20151117_002.jpg

View attachment WP_20151117_003.jpg

View attachment WP_20151117_006.jpg

View attachment WP_20151117_007.jpg

Ordered a 300 service manual so I can get rid of a bunch of the harness that I don't need. It has the pin outs for the ecm so I can eliminate un-needed wires.

Are you tempted to go with modern seating on the Barracuda? - Either with original seats with extra padding & a different upholstery or later model seats?

Are you tempted to go with modern seating on the Barracuda? - Either with original seats with extra padding & a different upholstery or later model seats?

I think viper seats, I like the bolsters and I can get them cheaply. No back seat, just tunes. :glasses7:

You see the blower, John? Huh, did ya????? I'm gonna have a blown Hemi too! Na Na .:butthead:

I think viper seats, I like the bolsters and I can get them cheaply. No back seat, just tunes. :glasses7:

You see the blower, John? Huh, did ya????? I'm gonna have a blown Hemi too! Na Na .:butthead:

You have to excuse me Mitch. I'm SO old school that I didn't recognize the blower. I thought it was just an engine cover. - Super cool that you'll be running a supercharger on the 'Cuda! I assume it's got a low enough profile to clear your hood. - Especially with the bulge you added. Maybe you can modify that cover to look more 'retro'.

I know you've probably watched the video online of that 4-wheel drive Gymkhana Mustang. I've always been intrigued by the large digital gear indicator display on that thing. I'm not necessarily suggesting that you mimic it but I am hoping that you'll add in some trick gadgetry in the interior/dash.

Even without interior mods the FRANKENCUDA should draw a lot of attention. I just feel that when folks are checking out those subtle exterior changes, they'll hunger to see what you've come up with inside. I'm torn between wanting to see you go fully modern in there and wondering if you could pull off a modernized retro design.

You can have your cake and eat it too!!! Back seats and TUNES and shoulder harness seat belts for the kidos, and a head rest!!

If I was able to do it with my 'Cuda I have no doubt you could do it with your skills......
Treblig

Attachments

• DSC04125.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC04124.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC02674.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC02661.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC02671.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC02669.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC02664.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC02663.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC02662.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC04128.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 267
Thanks Treb, but I just don't need a back seat. I have went over it many times trying to justify the ins and outs.

BTW, looking for a drive by wire throttle body for a 2005 5.7 hemi.:D

I realize that there are multiple ways to go on the interior. With that bright lime paint planned for the exterior, a wild interior wouldn't seem out of place. But, the exterior mods have been subtle and still resemble a factory design. I think it'd be possible to add in modern amenities to the inside (including seating) and still maintain a 60's image. I guess the question would be 'which features did a '67 'Cuda have that gave it that vintage appeal'.

I don't think there's anything that should be 'off the table'. I could still see digital gauges, the modern seats, etc... - But hopefully some of the interior's soul will remain.

You've managed to add on the Roadrunner hood bulge that seems to blend well with the car, still says 'MOPAR', and doesn't look aftermarket or TOO modern. The front end mods have kept the styling of the original "Cuda sheet metal while adding in a modernized look at the same time. I think it'd be great to carry on that sort of theme inside.

I realize that there are multiple ways to go on the interior. With that bright lime paint planned for the exterior, a wild interior wouldn't seem out of place. But, the exterior mods have been subtle and still resemble a factory design. I think it'd be possible to add in modern amenities to the inside (including seating) and still maintain a 60's image. I guess the question would be 'which features did a '67 'Cuda have that gave it that vintage appeal'.

I don't think there's anything that should be 'off the table'. I could still see digital gauges, the modern seats, etc... - But hopefully some of the interior's soul will remain.

You've managed to add on the Roadrunner hood bulge that seems to blend well with the car, still says 'MOPAR', and doesn't look aftermarket or TOO modern. The front end mods have kept the styling of the original "Cuda sheet metal while adding in a modernized look at the same time. I think it'd be great to carry on that sort of theme inside.

FrankenCuda is going to look pretty modern with the modified front and rear not to mention the chopped roof!!! "SNKEBIT" is going to have to think long and hard to get an interior (and seats) that do the car body justice!!
I have no suggestions.......I'm too Ol' Skool anyway..:angel12::burnout::evil4:
Treblig

Oh, sure guys! Apply the pressure and throw me under the bus......

I can feel it, the pressure is on. :violent2:

I am kinda leaning towards the inside being sparse. Bucket seats, seat belts, and maybe some kind of console.

Just walked by the 300,,,,, it has a sun roof in it............... :rolleyes: :sad11: :scratch: :shock:

Dammit to hell....................................

I'm SO old school that I didn't recognize the blower. I thought it was just an engine cover. - Super cool that you'll be running a supercharger on the 'Cuda! I assume it's got a low enough profile to clear your hood. - Especially with the bulge you added. Maybe you can modify that cover to look more 'retro'.

The Paxton is a belt driven "centrifugal compressor", so I thought you were just being sly. The Paxton will mount anywhere you can drive it with a belt, and fit it, so they fit under the hood fine. Usual place is high on the driver's side. He should not have any problem squeezing it in, especially if he is willing to modify the driver's side inner fender. I'm not thinking he is squeamish in that department based on what I have seen. He can still incorporate the intercooler also!

-
Back