2018 Small Block Race...... join the Fun

-
Only 10 of us made a pass???
For shame gentlemen, for shame!
Well, the season is closing fast for sure for us in the Northern parts, but might be some "cooler" days in the South that might inspire some to get out and make a pass. I personally would like to get my 360willrun Duster back down and see if I can't push that 13.91 into the 13.8's - so I can stand alone in 1st place :D

318willrun- Go for it. I got my updated ignition in but haven't made it to the track. There are 3 test and tunes left and I plan on making one of them to see what improvement the ignition will make.

image1 (1).jpeg

Car #3408 12.3 dial i think, still need to weigh it
68 Dart GTS street car, should be close to 3,300.
340 with MP 557/296 solid cam, X heads with bowls cleaned up a bit, el cheapo headers, air gap w/ 750 Holley, 727 trans with 3800 stall with auto valve body, 4.56 gear, 27 inch tire.

View attachment 1715237855
Car #3408 12.3 dial i think, still need to weigh it
68 Dart GTS street car, should be close to 3,300.
340 with MP 557/296 solid cam, X heads with bowls cleaned up a bit, el cheapo headers, air gap w/ 750 Holley, 727 trans with 3800 stall with auto valve body, 4.56 gear, 27 inch tire.
NICE!!! I posted it in the standings.

20180928_152019.jpg
I made a pass back in June. I think I can tune some much better ETs out of it. Its heavy too. Almost 3500 with me in it.

View attachment 1715238959 I made a pass back in June. I think I can tune some much better ETs out of it. Its heavy too. Almost 3500 with me in it.
Cool! A Tell us more about your build? Did you go through the penalty box, what was your car supposed to run? Get us the info and I'll get you posted in the standings when I get home. Thanks

I can't open the spreadsheet right now, but I think I was supposed to run a low 12. 318 with KB pistons, J heads, headers, air gap, 750dp, hydraulic roller cam, 3500 stall, 3.73 gear. That was the first time at the track. I've not tuned it at all, so I'm sure it has more in it. It was hot as balls and DA was about 4200 feet. Inexperienced driver too. LOL

I can't open the spreadsheet right now, but I think I was supposed to run a low 12. 318 with KB pistons, J heads, headers, air gap, 750dp, hydraulic roller cam, 3500 stall, 3.73 gear. That was the first time at the track. I've not tuned it at all, so I'm sure it has more in it. It was hot as balls and DA was about 4200 feet. Inexperienced driver too. LOL
Ok, this is what I have. Couple of items i'm not sure, so look through and correct.
  1. 318 Bored (?) = -.4
  2. 904 (assuming)
  3. headers = -.4
  4. J heads = -.4
  5. 4bbl = -.4
  6. cam = -.6 (assuming it's bigger than .480 lift)
  7. 3500 stall = -.7
  8. 3.73 gears = -.5
  9. 3500 lbs (round to nearest 100) = +.2
This would be a dial index of 12.7 I'll change if I need to .

racers 2018.xlsx

Last edited:
Once again Test/Tune was cancelled due to rain. Today was my last chance to test any improvement from my upgraded ignition. The track is closed for the season so my last time of 17.3 holds. My ignition was factory stock so I installed a mp gold box and pertronix coil I had laying around. The dist. got an fbo limiter plate and one Mr Gasket light spring. The plate was installed at 18* and total advance to 34*. Also put new cap, rotor, wires and plugs. Car feels stronger and did not lay over at rpm like it was. Looking forward to what next year brings. Thanks '318willrun' . Had fun with your challenge!

Once again Test/Tune was cancelled due to rain. Today was my last chance to test any improvement from my upgraded ignition. The track is closed for the season so my last time of 17.3 holds. My ignition was factory stock so I installed a mp gold box and pertronix coil I had laying around. The dist. got an fbo limiter plate and one Mr Gasket light spring. The plate was installed at 18* and total advance to 34*. Also put new cap, rotor, wires and plugs. Car feels stronger and did not lay over at rpm like it was. Looking forward to what next year brings. Thanks '318willrun' . Had fun with your challenge!
Thanks for joining! I had a special interest in your car, running the nominal engine in the chart, right where it all begin :)

Thanks for joining! I had a special interest in your car, running the nominal engine in the chart, right where it all begin :)

I wanted to make one change at a time to the car and post the results. Due to cancer I got a late start and fell way short of my goal for the car this year. Since I already have all the parts my goal in order was:
1 Stock- 17.5
2 Shift kit- 17.3
3 Updated ignition- ?
4 3.90 gear and S/G-
5 68/70 340 exhaust manifolds-
6 factory cast iron 4 bbl-
7 LD4B for comparison-

For next year my plan is for a mild built 340. If I don't get it built I will continue with the 318 plans. Hopefully I will be a lot more competitive.

-
Back