64 Barracuda slow going.

-
Pieces next to rear seat?
Nah, i havent reinstalled the rear seat yet since i still need to re upholster it but there isnt any uncovered areas around the rear seat that I can see.
I thought trunk or under the dash but cant seem to find how it would fit.

To me it looks like the console carpet for a 66. It circles around the outside of the console and sort of hangs down to the floor.

To me it looks like the console carpet for a 66. It circles around the outside of the console and sort of hangs down to the floor.
Oh that could be it, mine is a 64 with push button auto so no console or anything like that. Thanks for the response.

You're welcome.
I'm not real familiar with the 65 console cars but it seems like they were painted and didn't have carpet attached to them.

How did your carpet install go?

You're welcome.
I'm not real familiar with the 65 console cars but it seems like they were painted and didn't have carpet attached to them.

How did your carpet install go?
It went well, pretty easy with only minor trimming needed. Unfortunately it was over 100 degrees while I did the work so it took along time since I had to take many water breaks Lol. Im hoping to get the seats finished in the next couple of months so I can install them and really feal like ive made some progress.

Sounds great!! I think the heat helps the carpet mold better!! Pain the butt taking breaks but easier on placing it.

Yeah, getting those done and in will be a huge milestone!!

Ok so im getting alittle closer now to having a daily driver : )
After lots of back and forth about what I should do about my seats I finally decided (and saved up enough money) to drop my seats off at a local upholstery shop today.
They will be done in a tan vinyl that goes well with the carpet. After tons of shopping around I think I got a fair price for where I live. All the seats redone and all new foam and springs fixed for 1200$ .
I guess ill see when I pick them up at the end of this month. Ill post pics soon.

Finally picked up seats, going to install them this weekend. Cant wait : )

20161123_203822.jpg

Just finished installing the seats and I love it! Cant wait to get started on the rest of the interior soon. Im hoping to drive it 337 miles home in January so I can start making more progress each week with some of the small stuff (tons) that need done before paint.

20161126_122040.jpg

Ok I made back up north with my Barracuda and boy was it an adventure.
It took 13 hours to travel 337 miles due to a few breakdows and having to find parts but after a seized alterator, fried wire and blown airshock hose that caused one of my new rear tires to rub and get ruined I finally made without needing to call a tow truck yaayy! Next on my list is replacing those darn air shocks with regular shocks and new more arched leaf springs to get the lift I need to clear the tires. I will try to post some before and after pics when I get the new leafs.

IMG_50841.jpg

Sounds like you had an adventure. Glad you have arrived safely

Those seats look great, and $1200 for someone else to handle that headache I think was money well spent.
Your thoughts on the Dynamat and if there was any improvement in noise or vibration reduction inside the interior? I'm always curious. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I couldn't asses the improvement with the floor covered in dynamat for a couple of reasons.
First , ive never driven this car more than a block or two prior to installing the dynamat .
Second the car needs door seals and window seals and has no headliner at all jist bare roof so its really noisy inside.
I could hear every drop of rain hitting the roof for the whole trip ha ha.
I will try to give some feedback after I install the headliner and insulation and rubber seals.

Your seats look great and $1200. was a 'helluva deal' !!! Keep plugging away!

-
Back