72 Demon build.

-
I've been debating tires. The 275/60/15 certainly gives a lot of options, some inexpensive tires in that size too, less $ than the bigger rim options. 28" diameter is about right. Likely there is room for wider, but then axle width and backspace become critical.

I'm curious, how much hp and what gears were you running with these tires? I want to go fast but also want to be able to light them up! :burnout:

What gear are you running now.
Well the last car i had them on was my 72 Camaro..i know cheby..it had around 350hp guessing obviously but an educated guess combined with 4.56 gears..it came out of the hole hard. Im sure if you had 500+hp you could melt em but in my case with mild motors they hook great, the Demon has 3.23 sure grip with a 4 speed..gonna keep it that way.

Looking Awesome!! Did you say you were painting it Orange? That will be a great looking color. This my sound crazy but looking at your car I remember mine all primed and I always thought a White Demon would be great as well.

Looking Awesome!! Did you say you were painting it Orange? That will be a great looking color. This my sound crazy but looking at your car I remember mine all primed and I always thought a White Demon would be great as well.
Thanks Stokey, yeah orange for sure this time..i have changed my mind a few times already lol, yes i do like white as well but have always wanted an orange car :D

What's up? Haven't seen your Demon for a while. Shop time must be giving in to spring!
Hey, yeah i havent posted anything in awhile but i have been working on it..also been busy with work, i do side jobs after work when i can also so ive been pretty swamped. I have also taken this time to collect parts, i got a disk brake conversion for the front end and exhaust, i have also been painting things like the K frame and diff..i will take some picks and post them tommorow :smile:

Ah good to hear, glad something silly like life didn't throw a delay in the program! At least you're gathering, and painting!

Been awhile since i updated here but i have been collecting parts and painting, bought a disk brake setup for the front end and got my exhaust..just need new bushings for the control arms and leaf springs then i can put the demon back on the ground and finish up the final blocking :D

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 806
  • 003.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 802
  • 004.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 781
  • 005.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 796
  • 006.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 800
  • 008.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 815
looks great nice work being done I look forward to seeing it at the shows

Right on, looking good. I see the decision on color is final! Good choice! :thumleft::thumleft:
Thx gdrill, i had to choose my original choice in color or i would have regreted not doing it down the road...now the the next decision is white or black stripes lol.:D

looks great nice work being done I look forward to seeing it at the shows
Thanks alot, you will most likely see it at the fathers day mission car show for sure...good to see another local FABO member :glasses7:

Thanks alot, you will most likely see it at the fathers day mission car show for sure...good to see another local FABO member :glasses7:

You think so? We should cruise out together, prob going with a couple people. How's my rims coming?

You think so? We should cruise out together, prob going with a couple people. How's my rims coming?
Not the one coming up Phil..just saying in general that would be the one car show in the future it will be at ;) what time are you leaving? i like going really early to get the spots under the trees..shade goes a long way there. Im taking all of our stuff on monday to get sandblasted so let me know if you find anything else you want done.

Just looking around this morning. Found your build. You've done some good body work on your car. I'll be paying a little better attention here. Looking forward.:coffee2:

Just looking around this morning. Found your build. You've done some good body work on your car. I'll be paying a little better attention here. Looking forward.:coffee2:
Thanks alot, ill try and get some fresh pics on here soon..ive been slacking on the photos lately ;)

I have been very busy working on other peoples cars lately but have still found time to work on my Demon collecting parts and finally getting the suspension under it and back on the ground :cheers: I put all new energy suspension poly bushings under the car, fabbed up my own rear leaf mounts as the originals were toast and put on a set of Cragar SS wheels with 195/60 fronts, 275/60 rears..messed with the ride hight for awhile till i found my sweet spot..very happy with the way it sits and how the 275s tuck under the car, i have 3/4 to an inch of space in all areas...now time to set up the paint booth..stay tuned :blob:

Attachments

• demon june 023.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 651
  • demon june 022.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 669
  • demon june 021.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 662
  • demon june 020.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 662
  • demon june 018.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 669
  • demon june 025.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 645
Man that looks good!!! I think you nailed the stance. What size are the rear rims and what offset? Keep up the great progress!!

Stance is spot on. Orange will set it off nice. How far are you from paint?:coffee2:

Stance is spot on. Orange will set it off nice. How far are you from paint?:coffee2:
Thanks Thunder, i dont have an exact timeline right now..really busy with work, have been doing 7 days a week for the last 5 weeks now and it doesnt look like its going to stop right now so im just gonna go with it cause when it slows down i will have a bunch of cash to build a motor ect, i will make the paint happen before the end of summer for sure.

-
Back