'74 Dodge D100 Adventurer - Finn The Truck

-
I have had many 5 or 6 and I am enjoying a 85 Ramcharger now, I hope
you had a great Thanksgiving and hopefully you took some time to work on your truck
Happy Brirthday by the way :cheers: looking forward to an update :happy1:

found an image host. Just got my heads back today. here's a lot of pics in no particular order lol. I've been making a lot of progress.

my heads got surfaced with a 3 angle valve job and bronze valve guides
DropBox

DropBox

Crane valve springs and retainers
DropBox

My camshaft. I'll post some specs later. Its a mild Summit cam
DropBox

Liters and double roller chain are in there. Surprised I don't see my arm and my leg in there lol.
DropBox

and here's my block at the moment as it sits with rear main seal done and oil pan cleaned out.
DropBox

Since it seems to be old truck time, here's the '73 I bought new and restified twice.

DSC00085.jpg

Everything is back together minus the new cam going in and break-in and the intake and all that. Still fighting these stupid transmission lines.They are real close to the header on the driver side. I managed to get one like 2 inches of space. Theother seems to want to fight. Im hoping that 2 inches or so is good enough not to fry my transmission like a twinkie.

I got a 74 D100 440/727 and a 76 Club Cab with a 318. The 74 originally came with a 318 and belonged to the Atomic Energy Commission. It still has the brass AEC tag in the door jamb. Hopefully I'll have the 74 sold before, or at, MATS.

Attachments

• 74 D100 post 1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_6262.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 419
so. since everyone seems to have one of these trucks...anyone wanna sell me a grill in good condition? :toothy10:

I hear you guys on these trucks, they are so addictive. I have an 87 and now I just bought an 81 with a utline bed.

i love the four doors. I have only seen one and it was a w200 and the guy wanted 6k for it. way too such for my taste with it even being an airforce truck. it had a poorly done forest green paint job. I've seen a couple on craigslist. they always sell for so much money, especially the 2 wheel drive ones.

a guy here locally has a 64 W200 crew, shortbox, stroked 360 poly with a 4 speed. thats one nasty truck. I have a 74 W100 club cab, P/S, P/B, long box, 318/NP435L (wide ratio) 205 dana 44 front 8 3/4 rear, 3:55's. used to own a 78 D100 400/727, actually traded that truck to get my dart back! :cheers: Also had a 73 D100 camper special (USFS rig), P/S, P/B, 360 police engine from a 74 monaco, NP435A (close ratio) 8 3/4 rear with 3.23's. That was my favorite truck....i was that *** who would tear through the university parking lot at 2 a.m. with open longtube headers and NOTHING else. Lots of fun times in that truck. taught my brother and my future wifey to drive a manual in that thing.

PIhnp.jpeg

Here's what I have to show.

and durgederp, I am the assholes who was riding everywhere with open headers. No challengers lol

Here's what I have to show.

and durgederp, I am the assholes who was riding everywhere with open headers. No challengers lol

Eww. I'm sure that will look better when it's cleaned up and back together.

As for open header, I'm the asshole that did that with a Toyota tercel after a snow bank ripped the muffler off lol

the valve covers look better in person. and this is right after I pulled the front cover and some of the lifters.

other than that, what's ew? lol

the valve covers look better in person. and this is right after I pulled the front cover and some of the lifters.

other than that, what's ew? lol

I was referring to what looks like milky oil from the head gasket. I like the valve covers the way they are personally.

oh. that's just calcium build up from the water jackets to the water pump. i already cleaned that up and the rust on the intake mating surfaces is flash rust.

oh. that's just calcium build up from the water jackets to the water pump. i already cleaned that up and the rust on the intake mating surfaces is flash rust.

Oh ok. In my defense, the pic is about 1 sq inch. Lol

-
Back