A quick word on colonoscopies.............

-
I had a urinary tract infection that got so bad it enlarged my prostrate. I had a laser procedure called “green light” to shrink it down in size. That was around five years ago and it’s supposed to last 10 plus years.

had one three years ago at 50. wasn't that bad. the drink wasn't great but wasn't terrible. as far as the after drink goes that wasn't bad either. did it once after a couple hours and again after the second dose of the drink. was expecting a lot worse to be honest. ate a ton of jello. :).

when i got to the office they asked how the night went. i said not bad. they were like whenever someone says that it usually means ya didn't do it right. luckily i followed the directions and all worked as it should.

that sleep when they put you under is awesome. i need that once a week. :)

Last edited:
Hopefully everything goes well but if they mention having to send you for a barium enema run like hell the other way. The one time I had one the lady Dr came in followed by about 12 students and there I was butt naked in a fetal position. When I finally caught my breath after they rammed that thing in me and blew it up I told the Dr that it confirmed one thing. She stopped and asked me what and told her there was not a remote possibility I would turn gay. The girls almost got on the floor

The worst part of this for me this time was with all the fluids you have to drink during the two part system it must have moved a kidney stone I have. I passed one five years ago in my motorhome during a race at Norwalk Ohio. I’m a side sleeper and it really bothered me for 4-5 nights and I had quite a bit of blood in my urine. Everything is tamed down for the last couple days. It’s hell to get old but it sure beats not making it to getting old.
Those stone can really scrape up you're p tube too. Make ya feel like you're name is "Richard Hertz" aka "just call me Dick "

Snare roll crash cymbal..

Woody Allen on life and death: Death is like a colonoscopy, you just drift off. Life on the other hand, is like the prep day….

Those stone can really scrape up you're p tube too. Make ya feel like you're name is "Richard Hertz" aka "just call me Dick "

Snare roll crash cymbal..
I had one back in 2017. Worst pain I've ever felt.

I had one back in 2017. Worst pain I've ever felt.
Same. It was stuck 1/2" from my piss hole for a month. Erections felt like there was a goat head or jacks inside stabbing. Traumatized it, took 3 months to have a normal pain free erection and it also caused prostatitis somehow. Doc said it feel like a rock, you have a stone..
I didn't know what to think cuz I didn't expect to ever have kidney stones so I figured I had pecker cancer at first..which was mindfk. Ontop of that I was hit square in the peckerhead one day at work by a straight edge ....dropped me to ground and rolled for 5 min moaning saying "ah fk ah fk **** omg fk ah!" Worst pain ever, I'd rather slip n fall on my tail bone which is a real close second and have done before. They make cups and helmets for a reason ...to protect the two most important things.

Great stories......

My latest adventure has been, 2 weeks of a couple Thrombosed hemorrhoids. The discomfort was crazy. 2 nights, I got about 1/2 hr of sleep. 3 days of slicing and squeezing out blood-clots.
On a side note, all the Doctors who cut me, asked if I'd had a colonoscopy. Thought that was kinda coincidental. I did, 2 weeks earlier.

Last edited:
Same. It was stuck 1/2" from my piss hole for a month. Erections felt like there was a goat head or jacks inside stabbing. Traumatized it, took 3 months to have a normal pain free erection and it also caused prostatitis somehow. Doc said it feel like a rock, you have a stone..
I didn't know what to think cuz I didn't expect to ever have kidney stones so I figured I had pecker cancer at first..which was mindfk. Ontop of that I was hit square in the peckerhead one day at work by a straight edge ....dropped me to ground and rolled for 5 min moaning saying "ah fk ah fk **** omg fk ah!" Worst pain ever, I'd rather slip n fall on my tail bone which is a real close second and have done before. They make cups and helmets for a reason ...to protect the two most important things.

I've had 2 colonoscopies and both times had a single polyp removed. Come on man the prep isn't that bad , the procedure is nothing. Better than dying of colon cancer that's a fact.
After the last colonoscopy I had a hemorrhoid banding procedure done NOW THAT WAS A PAIN IN THE ***!!! Had to go back and have it done 3 times!!! It sucked all 3 times. But it was worth it.
I'd rather have a colonoscopy than a tooth filled!!!

Great stories......

My latest adventure has been, 2 weeks of a couple Thrombosed hemorrhoids. The discomfort was crazy. 2 nights, I got about 1/2 hr of sleep. 3 days of slicing and squeezing out blood-clots.
On a side note, all the Doctors who cut me, asked if I'd had a colonoscopy. Thought that was kinda coincidental. I did, 2 weeks earlier.
Feel Better soon, ive been there and its no joke
Ive had extensive colon/rectal surgery, the pain was incredible

I had to drink that "magic elixir" when i went in for radiation seed implants, for prostate cancer, as they go in thru the colon wall, in the rear end of you.
Don't remember the taste of that stuff, as it's been a number of years in the past.

Well, "I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuaaaaack!"

Prelim report is they removed a / some polyups, no cancer, looks pretty good otherwise. Followup report later when the doc calls back

I did learn one thing......."next" time I will not sked for this time slot if possible. I queried a couple of the ladies about that, and getting a slot 12N--1PM would be better. I can start the 1st rould of prep day before, go to bed later like 11PM ish---and have a "more normal" time to sleep

The down side was the "bus." The local health megaplex has a bus. I had backed the GMC into the carport with the nose hanging out in the park lane, and I have a mini portable electric heater I plug in to preheat it sometimes. So I was sittin there waiting for the bus, and here it comes, I assumed it would stop at my address. ZOOMED BY at "at least" the speed limit, around the T at the end of the block!!!! I thought "maybe he's turning around to my side of the street."

Waited more than 5 minutes, finally here he came the other way, on my side. I get out, close the door, and was just lifting my hand to wave and HE ZOOMED BY AT AT LEAST THE SPEED LIMIT the OPPOSITE direction!!!

They will not let you drive home. I waited until it was "just time" and was going to drive over, leave the truck, bus home, and pick the truck up later, but the neighbor was out there---they were getting ready to leave for the weekend. So he buzzed me over there, and I bussed home.

Here we are in the 21st century, and a bus cannot even stop at the address, nor do they give the driver a cell phone.

Well, "I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuaaaaack!"

Prelim report is they removed a / some polyups, no cancer, looks pretty good otherwise. Followup report later when the doc calls back

I did learn one thing......."next" time I will not sked for this time slot if possible. I queried a couple of the ladies about that, and getting a slot 12N--1PM would be better. I can start the 1st rould of prep day before, go to bed later like 11PM ish---and have a "more normal" time to sleep

The down side was the "bus." The local health megaplex has a bus. I had backed the GMC into the carport with the nose hanging out in the park lane, and I have a mini portable electric heater I plug in to preheat it sometimes. So I was sittin there waiting for the bus, and here it comes, I assumed it would stop at my address. ZOOMED BY at "at least" the speed limit, around the T at the end of the block!!!! I thought "maybe he's turning around to my side of the street."

Waited more than 5 minutes, finally here he came the other way, on my side. I get out, close the door, and was just lifting my hand to wave and HE ZOOMED BY AT AT LEAST THE SPEED LIMIT the OPPOSITE direction!!!

They will not let you drive home. I waited until it was "just time" and was going to drive over, leave the truck, bus home, and pick the truck up later, but the neighbor was out there---they were getting ready to leave for the weekend. So he buzzed me over there, and I bussed home.

Here we are in the 21st century, and a bus cannot even stop at the address, nor do they give the driver a cell phone.
Good to hear things went well.

Glad it went well for you, Del. What a shitty thread. lol

Great update Del.

The only one I had was 28 years ago. I was active duty Air Force and was having stomach issues so they sent me to Fairchild AFB for one. At the time they used an amnesia drug. Not sure what it was. The only thing I remember is the doc telling me to pull my knees up.

Funny story about it. My boss in the Air Force told me to come to his office after I was done. So I show up and four recruiters come in and tell me to "show them my new tattoo" I say what are you talking about? They say pull your pants down and show us the new tattoo on your leg. So, I pull down my pants and on my upper thigh is "WETSU" in black magic marker!!!

The health professions recruiter knew the doc and went to the hospital to ask him to do it. I loved the Air Force...you just don't get that in the civilian world.

Guess I should tell you what "WETSU" stands for.

Our Squadron Commander said it all the time. "We Eat This **** Up"

The last one I did, they had me drink two bottles of Miralax and that was it. WAY easier than the other prep.
Don't watch funny movies while you're waiting for it to kick in.

The actual procedure was nothing, but the doctor complained that I had a torturous colon. The only sign anything happened was a slightly greasy exhaust port. Didn't even have to contribute to the global warming afterwards.

Get to it. It's the least disruptive medical procedure after drawing blood

I had an endoscopy done about 20 years ago. Off that day of course, and they took a snip of flesh to check for the big C. Like a fool I went to work the next day, and I was in pain from that. My boss took one look st me leaning over the lab bench in obvious discomfort and asked why I was even there and to go home now, but he did ask if i was able to drive safely. The colonoscopy took a couple of polyps, one the size of a dime? No pain or discomfort from that.

Ive had a colonoscopy done while awake, but that was only once. I recall once he got the scope to a certain spot it hurt a little every time he advanced it farther. Wasn't bad at all. Im not sure but I thought the reason why your sedated is because if the doctor has to remove a polyp
I just had a cystoscopy done a month ago, no sedation given for that. I dodged the bullet for a prostate biopsy thankfully
Old age isn't for pussies
Phone in pocket I guess ? I don't disagree, sorry !

-
Back