ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
I ordered engine parts needed. Should be here round 1PM.
I've got the trailer hooked to BOF.
I will be using it to haul a piece of steel up to Yard Dawgs to use his BIG compressor, mine won't keep up with the cutter.

We will first make chalk rubs of the rust holes on parchment paper or use markers.
Cut out stencils 1/4" larger than needed for overlap of patches.
Draw all stencils on donor steel & head up to the Dawgs house.
Cut out patches & load welder, back down the hill to my house.
Weld patches till 2PM.
Run to town for parts & return welder.
Back home.
Fiberglass patches untill I run outa, daylight or, fiberglass, or patches!
After Dark pull into garage and start taking off manifolds.
How's that for ambition! Also have to drop in UPS and post office to send parts to you guys!!
Whew wee!!! Hang on to hats boys it's gonna be a wild one today!!!:cheers:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Overall, bad day & good day
Bad day = rain! Not enough to drench but just enough so I could not work with paper stencils! No progress on metal work.
The metalwork will have to wait now. I've got engine gaskets and that is priority now!
Good day = Before it started raining I had set up fan to dry out floor. I would trim back the carpet to the seat mounts sense we are getting new carpet in spring but we are heading to winter and just too much cold/wet for bare metal floors in winter. Will have to reuse the old carpets till spring.
Once it started drizzling I started reorganizing garage (B4 parts were here) So to ban all things non Mopar, or supporting tools & hardware, I had to begin by clearing & organizing the shed & basement.
Needsless to say it's ongoing!!!
I am heading out to garage now to get clean enough to bring Fern back in so I can work the engine stuff rain or shine.
I just wish I had time to move/rebuild workbench etc.. But will be good to get house stuff and other Non auto from garage!!
Not many pics, ran errands, looked for job too!
I am running up at 9AM to get different nose cone, Fern's is too rusty to fix. We will have to drill out the new one to accomidate the hood ornament.
I have to pop that on first just to feel like we got something done!
Then we will start on the manifold gaskets.
Peep the pics, and you guys & gals have a wonderful day!!8)

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Looks like your making tons of progress

Hey bayyum,
Thanks man, but sometimes it just doesn't feel like it to me!!
Alot of 2 steps foward 1 step back. Or in my usual circumstances, 1 step foward and the project ***** slaps you 3 steps back!! Then pick yourself up, dust off & do it all over again!!! LOL!!
Hopefully going to stroke it today! I'm stoked bout the gaskets! Although Advance distribution sent the store a ripped valve cover gasket.
Manifolds will probibly take the day. Hope I don't break/strip or crack the exahust manifold.
Well it's almost 3AM here, so I'm headin out to the garage to finish cleaning to get Fern inside.
OH! Almost forgot Double D's at 4!, then back home to the garage!!
Have a great day today & thanks for the shout out bayyum!8)

Hey bayyum,
Thanks man, but sometimes it just doesn't feel like it to me!!
Alot of 2 steps foward 1 step back. Or in my usual circumstances, 1 step foward and the project ***** slaps you 3 steps back!! Then pick yourself up, dust off & do it all over again!!! LOL!!!8)

YES! That's the best phrase ever!

Didn't get much done on car. Had already started cleaning garage when it was raining yesterday and had to finish it today. Now got it somewhat clean and did get Fern in this evening.
Now that she's in the garage again we can go ahead and start doing the manifolds in the AM.
Enjoy the pics!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Hey bud, I noticed your 95ynf sticker on your toolbox. I have some of those. 8)
And a couple 98Rock.

Oh yeah. Garage looks great.

DSC00004 (Custom).JPG

DSC00001 (Custom).JPG

DSC00002 (Custom).JPG

Hey bud, I noticed your 95ynf sticker on your toolbox. I have some of those. 8)
And a couple 98Rock.

Oh yeah. Garage looks great.

Good lord!
I forgot all about those! Man that was a long time ago when I stuck those on there!!
I want to go ahead and appologize to anyone who I might offend by anything you might see or read in any of the pics in this thread!!
(Disclaimer) !! LOL!!

I've never had the intake/exhaust split before on a 6, just replaced gasket on head. The last thing I needed was stress from messy garage before I got started! See, who said age doesn't bring wisdom?! LOL
Still feeling guilty for taking the 2 days to organize when I'm in such a hurry to finish Fern.
I have to have a clean area when I do mechanical work (not inclined) so I can focus on not breaking more stuff fixing things!

Thanks for the shout out homecloned, I'm still on my way over to your thread to see whats new!!8)

I sure do enjoy this thread :cheers:
I will get a picture of a mess I need to clean up in Victoria's nest tomorrow

Lets just say it don't look like this anymore 8)

4390dual%20exhaust%20004.jpg

I love Victoria's nest!:love7:
I checked it in the garage thread! Way cool!!8)
I'm keepin an eye on ya too. We are having to reseal the manifolds here on Fern too! Will be watching your thread on your progress sense your leeding the way on that!!
Have a good one memike!

Hey is that from Canada that badge looks like the coat of arms for Ontario Canada. nice ride

Nice work 64 dart,with your spirit and sense of humour,AND a clean garage,your ready to take on the world.A lesser man would have quit by now.Keep up the good work and good luck.8)

Hey is that from Canada that badge looks like the coat of arms for Ontario Canada. nice ride

I got the car local. Have been waiting for someone to post a pic of what that badge should be colored like so I can repaint it! If ya get a pic of one please post it!
Have a good one Jimmi648)

Nice work 64 dart,with your spirit and sense of humour,AND a clean garage,your ready to take on the world.A lesser man would have quit by now.Keep up the good work and good luck.8)
Thanks so much for the kind words!

Believe me when I say this and hope it comes out right....

There can be no lesser man than I, I can not quit,
For I am at the bottom and there is no lesser man than I,
I have to keep moving foward, there's nowhere but up to go,
cause there's no lesser man than I.
I will keep going, and must keep going to get there,
Because there is no lesser man than I.........:read2:

OooooooooKayyyyyy.......
Nuff of the poetry dribble!!8)

Thanks for the shout out DRENO!

Advance, I'm done with you now!!
I want the guys job that tells the computer whats up!
2 different sets of plug wires. 2 different days.
1st set for 75 had no oil boots on em.
2nd set for 69 today? Ditto!
2nd Valve cover gasket, box too short for 6.
No that's the right one, it's the one the computer calls for.
Rip open the box all to heck and back, 2 gaskets inside, flipped it back over the counter and said "Did the computer tell you which V-8 it put in my car?"
Walked out.
I'll get them somewhere else. Also been noticing lately Advances pricing is doing just that, advancing!!!
Feeling better now!!:cheers:

Hey volare360,
Thanks for the PM.
Here's the close up of the coat of arms that is on the grill.
Anything you or anyone can post for an actual colors of it would be great!
Thanks Again!
John8)

14.jpg

this is very close
google
british coat of arms wildman360

Awesome Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! That will really look cool after I dump bout 10 hours of brush painting to it!!! Totally Cool!!!

I knew I saw Fern once before loaded to the gills with Tennents Extra & hard cyder!!
It was way back when I was but a young lad, and trompin round the British Isle for Uncle Sugars A. F.
It was the early 80's, first trip abroad. On the weekend went to see Big Ben, only to find out it was wrapped in scafolding and tarps head to toe all 4 sides.........
Fast foward to 1 year later, nother trip, and then.......
The grand unwrapping celebration!! Big Ben, Unsheithed!!!!! heh heh!
Anyway, local pubs runs dry, parlement sends for "A Round of Snake Bites"!
The badge passes hands several times. Down from the guard, through intellegence where it makes a brief stop;
"What staff car do we have available to make the SB run?"
Fade to me on street heading to the Unwrapping, standing on corner waiting to cross, when suddenly from around the bend, FLYIN' through the intersection, came Fern in all her brand new American glory (had been traded for undercover London taxis for the "sometime in the future" Super Nanny show)
She was chock full of kegs & litre cans of all sizes with big wooden kegs of cyder too. She was filled to the roof line and am sure the trunk was full too.
Off she went sailing into the downtown riverfront district a few blocks from where I was.
It was later desribed to me, by an upstanding parlament member the reason they used the Dart was for VOLUME due to the trunk being big enough for "3 bodies, 2 goats, 1 keg, 4 shovels, and a grill"!?? Whatever that meant???
The badge was for free pass through the streets so the Bobbies wouldn't stop the SB run!!!

Well better get back to it, and thanks for the pic!!!
John8)

Good luck today with the slant six re-gasket--- getting the manifold off should not be a problem(air tools,wire brush & penetrating oil are your friends)-- seperating the 2 will be a chore-- hopefully the single bolt of the 3 is not stuck . Lawrence

As promised 64dart170 :-D

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 078.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 079.jpg

Good luck today with the slant six re-gasket--- getting the manifold off should not be a problem(air tools,wire brush & penetrating oil are your friends)-- seperating the 2 will be a chore-- hopefully the single bolt of the 3 is not stuck . Lawrence

Air tools, wire brush, kroil, WERE my friends!
The only friend I have now is the SAWZALL!!!8)

-
Back