best engine to build!!!!!

-
Must have been post 36.5

LMAO Have the helmet firmly attached when the bus arrives.

I'm a BB guy. And full believer in the 451. But it's hard to deny the 360/408 build option(s). Especially for an A-body considering "Bang for the Buck!"

Anyone who would "bash" someone for building a 318 isn't a Mopar guy, but an insecure wuss, or a brand x lover. Either way, her opinion is irrelevant.
Is that right.
Where did you go ? back to the brandX forum?
Who's the wuss now? lol

Wasn't me, I simply responded to what was brought back
:rofl:

2011, then your post today.

Is that right.
Where did you go ? back to the brandX forum?
Who's the wuss now? lol

Dude hasn’t been here since 2014 and you’re still responding?

To keep it from happening again simply remove old posts, should be easy for you computer guys

So it wasn’t you, but we should delete all the old posts so you don’t accidentally bring back an 11 year old post again?

Uh-huh.

Perhaps you should learn some basic computer skills before asking people to do something much more involved than, I don’t know, checking the date on a thread before you respond?

There’s a lot of older threads here that have GREAT information, there’s no reason to delete them. Normal etiquette for responding to an ancient thread is saying something like “I know this is an old thread but I have the same issue/question and…” , vs just responding with meaningless commentary like the member you’re responding to didn’t post 11 years ago.

Last edited:
360 Magnum, heads (that flow around 210 cfm) drilled for LA intake, oil passage drilled if not done by the factory, factory hydraulic roller cam set up, superior pan and valve cover gaskets, factory hypereutetic pistons at (9:1 compression) etc etc, many engines after 100k miles still have the cross hatch hone marks, etc,

I was very impressed by another members post the he worked at a dealership during the "cash for clunkers" period where the government required the destruction of engines by pouring a solution into the engines especially designed to quickly destroy the engine. IIRC his post, the Magnum engines exceed the run time by far of other engines that were destroyed

Best part, still cheap and plentiful, saw a complete running engine here with acessories and brackets for $400

Last edited:
Best, easiest, cheapest?.
You're just 'gonna get everybody's favourite and no one really knows what you want?

I'll kill this thing. Dan the Man definitely would make an excellent career Democrat. "I didn't do it!" :rofl:

:rofl:

2011, then your post today.

Dude hasn’t been here since 2014 and you’re still responding?

So it wasn’t you, but we should delete all the old posts so you don’t accidentally bring back an 11 year old post again?

Uh-huh.

Perhaps you should learn some basic computer skills before asking people to do something much more involved than, I don’t know, checking the date on a thread before you respond?

There’s a lot of older threads here that have GREAT information, there’s no reason to delete them. Normal etiquette for responding to an ancient thread is saying something like “I know this is an old thread but I have the same issue/question and…” , vs just responding with meaningless commentary like the member you’re responding to didn’t post 11 years ago.
I looked back at the OP and I'm the dummy that restarted it. It's obvious that I shouldn't be on my phone at 1 AM when I'm so tired. I apologize to everybody on me messing this up

I thought it was funny and not for nothin Dan, it’s all good. If you notice, we all pull each others chains when an old thread resurfaces.

It’s still relevant and a good read.

Ac
I thought it was funny and not for nothin Dan, it’s all good. If you notice, we all pull each others chains when an old thread resurfaces.

It’s still relevant and a good read.
Actually, all of you guys on here are great people. I just need to learn not to take things so seriously. I also need to accept things for what they are, example if door panels are $500 that's just how it is, best thing for me would be to either buy them or ask you all if you know of a better deal. But at this time I don't need any interior parts. Thanks rumblefish360 for everything.

I also need to accept things for what they are, example if door panels are $500 that's just how it is, best thing for me would be to either buy them or ask you all if you know of a better deal.
Or do like a lot of us and make your own. That's what sets Mopar guys apart from other "car guys" in my opinion.

I recently saw a complete 360 for sale for $250. Put some different pistons in it, work on the heads a little and put the right cam in it and you would have a pretty basic engine that anyone could build. AND, you could do it for $2500 or so!

Since this thread keeps going and people aren't reading that it's from eleven years ago, I'm gonna quote myself and say that I still agree with me. :lol:

Since this thread keeps going and people aren't reading that it's from eleven years ago, I'm gonna quote myself and say that I still agree with me. :lol:
Sorry, I accidentally got it going again. I wasn't paying attention to the date on it, now I double check the posting date.

Best engine to build the one that can accomplish your goals

Best engine to build the one that can accomplish your goals
That's for sure. I watch bitchin rides and iron resurrection,etc and those guys usually put a LS in the build as it's suppose to be the best bang for the buck. I don't follow the newer stuff, but does Ford have anything else besides the 5.0 for performance? Mopar has the hemi. GM has several different displacements of the LS, correct?

That's for sure. I watch bitchin rides and iron resurrection,etc and those guys usually put a LS in the build as it's suppose to be the best bang for the buck. I don't follow the newer stuff, but does Ford have anything else besides the 5.0 for performance? Mopar has the hemi. GM has several different displacements of the LS, correct?
There's is a bunch but cheap and easy ones to get are 4.8 and 5.3 which is 292 and 325
Same bore head cam intake just different stroke, with the right cam can get you in the high 400 hp easily, it's basically if 273/318 came with ported eddy heads stock, ford is all over head cam engines.

There's is a bunch but cheap and easy ones to get are 4.8 and 5.3 which is 292 and 325
Same bore head cam intake just different stroke, with the right cam can get you in the high 400 hp easily, it's basically if 273/318 came with ported eddy heads stock, ford is all over head cam engines.
I have a couple of cars to check out and they are 318's. I thought that I would go with a 4 barrel, good true dual exhaust, curve kit, 3.55's or 3.73's. And possibly a mild cam and just enjoy the ride.

I have a couple of cars to check out and they are 318's. I thought that I would go with a 4 barrel, good true dual exhaust, curve kit, 3.55's or 3.73's. And possibly a mild cam and just enjoy the ride.
It don't take much look at 80/90 5.0l they were the **** with a whopping 225 hp net which is probably 250-270 hp gross.

Stock 383 with bolt ons got me to 12.30's in a 1970 Duster. auto and 4200 stall 4.30 rear then you can build low deck stroker and everything still fits.

-
Back