Couple cool pics of my Demon

-
RJ, Awsome looking car, My Dart is going to be similar (not quite as radical) but close. Two things, Go to http://www.rodvisions.com/index.htm and talk to John, he does awsome renderings for very small money, he just finished doing a bunch of different color schemes of mine. I also want to use the 4L65E but not sure how to wire it up. are you using a factory computer? no computer and just a switch for OD? any help would be appreciated.

I am gonna use this controller from Twist machine for the trans, no OD switch. The 4l65e as I understand doesn't work with a switch....the 700r4 works with a cable. http://twistmachine.com/shopping/in...s_id=8&zenid=0fa6f8342f5b91686bb87861ba7604b4

And an AEM or FAST system for the ecu/harness. Not buying that stuff for awhile though.....since it's like $5k for all of it, ouch!.

I have a bunch of renderings done, but not gonna post them until I get closer to paint, which will be awhile.

gee whiz why dont you at least do something unique ???? HA HA ... that is very very impressive !! I am incredibly envious of your massive talent in fabricating what you dream !! I am well aware of the O.C.D. brain so I know that it wont be done until its done RIGHT ! Dang Dang DAng.... Nice work !

Cant wait for the final product !!!!!!

-RPM (OCD bretheren ! )

Great job so far on all the hard work. Your Demon is going to be a very enjoyable car when finished. Can't wait to see the end results.

WOW
Man you have some Mad skills.. this is going to be a great car..I hope I can see it someday...I think I asked before why you didn't go with drop spindles. If I had known how deep your vision was for this car I wouldn't have ever questioned it. Great work

how dose your rack mount?

Bolts to the alterK frame. It has been moved a little from where it mounts stock on the AlterK frame (up/back). Pic is from before a few things were modified.

8-15-02 005.JPG

The car looks amazing. I have a question for you. I'm building a tubbed prostreet car and I installed steel wheel tubs from summit. They are installed the exact same way as yours. I have the same issue as you with the gap between the outside edge of the tub and the fender. What are you going to use to seal it and keep out all of the tire smoke? I am planning on riveting in weatherstripping material, but I am not sure.

The car looks amazing. I have a question for you. I'm building a tubbed prostreet car and I installed steel wheel tubs from summit. They are installed the exact same way as yours. I have the same issue as you with the gap between the outside edge of the tub and the fender. What are you going to use to seal it and keep out all of the tire smoke? I am planning on riveting in weatherstripping material, but I am not sure.

Funny you ask, gonna make some sheetmetal panels now....I have enough room to get it in there without being in the way of the tire. We just decided to go that route in the last couple days. I will seam seal the joints after the patches.

this build gets better every moment just like bruning challenger does. id love to see this in person once completed.

i absolutely love what your doing with your Demon!! your building my dream car. I cant wait to see it finished!! keep up the excellent work!

Few minor updates....

Got the quicktime Bellhousing...FINALLY!!

Finished up all the hardlines. Stainless, with black or stainless weld on fittings throughout.

Getting the trans crossmember "roughed" in. Making room for the necessary oval exhaust right here. Gonna transition from the header to 3"
round to 3" oval then back to 3"round out the back. The goal is so nothing hangs below the frame/subframe.

Anyway here's a few of the detail pics.....thanks for the comments above guys!!

5-27-09 updates 044.jpg

5-27-09 updates 054.jpg

5-27-09 updates 050.jpg

5-27-09 updates 057.jpg

5-27-09 updates 045.jpg

RJ,
great work as usual.
I noticed the TIG pedel under the car, are you tigging everything?
How much did the use of 3" oval gain you, and are you going to put a rigid strap or plate under the oval/crossmember intersection to restore the rigidity of the member? Is there any particular reason you used a round pipe rather than a rectangular piece for the removable crossmember?
Andrew

thanks for the interest....

A couple that "do it" for me.....(except the orange/white color)

Steve Strope's "Hammer"
Imagine Motorsports' "Poison Dart"
Joe Rogan's "Sick Fish"
and Bruning Auto design's "etiket"

Wheels are too big on those cars ... except maybe on the RR and Dart. I like your better actually. From what I can see, the workmanship is wonderful - I congratulate you. I think this will be terrific when done. I am a more of a road-race rally car guy than DR type too. Thanks for sharing! Best regards,

Dude your welds are sexier than some Dr. Dianco DD's. Wow so Impressive! Fabrication Extraordinaire Indeed. I am willing to be your indentured servant for 4 years for a couple Weekends at the track in the seat of this thing. OMG you the man!

http://ihighfive.com

RJ,
great work as usual.
I noticed the TIG pedel under the car, are you tigging everything?
How much did the use of 3" oval gain you, and are you going to put a rigid strap or plate under the oval/crossmember intersection to restore the rigidity of the member? Is there any particular reason you used a round pipe rather than a rectangular piece for the removable crossmember?
Andrew

Not tigging everything....just the stuff that can be readily seen. The AlterK frame was capped on the back end to match the front. The oval tubing will gain about 3/4" of an inch...not much but I have ground clearance issues, LOL.

The round tube trans Xmember is stronger than square, but really just looks better.

-
Back