David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

It’s something I do when I’m flow testing an intake manifold........ but most times I don’t see anyone doing it.
I have tested it both ways, and it doesn’t always make a difference, but my guess is on an intake that’s knocking the flow of the head down 80-90cfm, it would probably help.
Was he only seeing 130 CFM once bolted to the head.
shocker
Lol
At head 221cfm with a 1.78 valve ,the 4 brl 273 intake knocked it to 148-152 depending on intake runner with clay radius around each 4 holes.
They are power killing intake manifolds.
Chrysler knew that along with being cheap that's why they just threw the 360 manifold onto the later 4brl 318s...they knew the old ones were crapola.

It would be an easy enough test.
Just add a nice bead of clay around the hole on the manifold you’re testing.
It’ll either pick up flow or it won’t.

On the rare occasion I bother testing an intake, which have all been 4bbl units, I found that just mounting a large carb body to the intake was a lot quicker than messing with the clay.
Besides......... it has something bolted on there when it’s running.

It would be an easy enough test.
Just add a nice bead of clay around the hole on the manifold you’re testing.
It’ll either pick up flow or it won’t.

On the rare occasion I bother testing an intake, which have all been 4bbl units, I found that just mounting a large carb body to the intake was a lot quicker than messing with the clay.
Besides......... it has something bolted on there when it’s running.
It's about the views.
Again, I heard "when I did this in the 80's"
I wondered to myself..well then what's to r&d here? We should have our selections in order of best fit and move forward

And people wonder where the legendary part of the LD series manifolds came from. The 273 pieces were chokers, you'd toss on a Ld4 and its night and day.

And people wonder where the legendary part of the LD series manifolds came from. The 273 pieces were chokers, you'd toss on a Ld4 and its night and day.
That would be a fun addition to their test. A LD4? should add 10-15 horsepower? What's your guess

30 years ago I built some oval track 318’s.
Prior to me getting involved, the team I built them for were having some reliability issues, along with motors that seemed down on power compared to the front runners(these were the only guys running a Mopar).
However, they had already learned that the 360 2bbl manifold was noticeably better than the 318 manifold.
The intake rule was, stock iron 2bbl(so, the 360 intake was legal)...... and an adapter plate for a 4412 holley(500-2bbl).
No porting/blending of anything allowed.
Even with the big mismatch between the head and intake, the 360 intake was better.

But, but, but, those were single planes, and we're told by all the magazines that single planes never work well on the street, they're only for making horsepower at high rpm. :poke:
laugh2-gif.gif

It would be interesting to run a factory single plane, then make some mods to it to see how it effected the power. Spacers allowed as long as the air cleaner still fits under the hood.
1673465502038.png

Yea I think we know the answer, since given the opportunity we know what was done for D-Darts....

But, but, but, those were single planes, and we're told by all the magazines that single planes never work well on the street, they're only for making horsepower at high rpm. :poke:
View attachment 1716033584

It would be interesting to run a factory single plane, then make some mods to it to see how it effected the power. Spacers allowed as long as the air cleaner still fits under the hood.
View attachment 1716033583

Yea I think we know the answer, since given the opportunity we know what was done for D-Darts....
That's one of the things I'm going to do with the one I have.. cut the center out out a 1 inch spacer on it n blend the generous amount I'd leave for just that reason.
I bought it to test. First thought was..pos...lol

Mopar was thinking about this intake thing a long tome ago when 273's first were developed. Here's my prototype 273 intake.

prototype.jpg

prototype2.jpg

The thing that would be neat to see is all of the small window 318 manifold single plane and dual plane be tested back to back although I assume all the dual planes will **** on all the 318 window single planes when it comes to usable tq..and higher broader curves...in this type of build.
I

Fakerlife and hipsterectum just said a few posts back that no one is as smart as they are.
Hey genius, this is what I said.
Yeh but all dem people ain't smart like we is..
Have a long hard look at that quote , how it's written, and think to yourself, hmmmm... could that be sarcasm directed at some of the haters?
Funny how you responded to it, isn't it?

Last edited:
no one is as smart as they are.
He was making fun of you and a few others here if you hadn't figured that out yet. I stated long ago that I had gotten 240+ cfm out of my 302's and you pea brains carried on like idiots and said it wasn't possible. Yet here we are with Charles doing it also. If you and others weren't such dicks about it all I would have posted pics and port molds but since you know everything and only attack posters who disagree with you I'll give you ****.

Hey genius, this is what I said.

Have a long hard look at that quote , how it's written, and think to yourself, hmmmm... could that be sarcasm directed at some of the haters?
Funny how you responded to it, isn't it?
I was writing just as you hit send......

You're a complete bozo.
I take it you think the comment section only for people like you to kiss *** and use both hands. You are the weird ones.

What's sad is all of these 318 Guru Geniuses who don't have any worthwhile information for Charlie. No help from any of you. Perhaps because you think any well known who does what you like or are into is a God?...the choosen one.. he pulled the 240 cfm sword..lmao. He must know everything already right.....you being so desparate to learn/steal anything you can..you sit silent in the masturbation position..waiting...lmao
YOU NEED A 4BBL CHARLIE!!!!!
Look I'm helping!!!!
:rofl:
I'm sure he's quite capable of working things out himself.. he's probably been doing this stuff longer than you have.
The only reason you'd comment, is to try and get some of the viewers to click on you and see your channel.

For those watching the veiw count on Charles's last video upload from yesterday.

Had to look twice, the veiw count is now up to 3,200 !

Up from 2,500 at 11:00 a.m. this morning.

20230111_150902.jpg

Lots of people watching, more people getting involved.

That will be good for St. Jude's Children' Hospital as they will be benifiting from the proceeds of this project. Big Interest

Even the TPC ( Turd Polish Club) around here are clicking and watching.

:rofl:

For those watching the veiw count on Charles's last video upload from yesterday.

Had to look twice, the veiw count is now up to 3,200 !

Up from 2,500 at 11:00 a.m. this morning.

View attachment 1716033605

Lots of people watching, more people getting involved.

That will be good for St. Jude's Children' Hospital as they will be benifiting from the proceeds of this project. Big Interest
And we are feeding it.

And we are feeding it.
42 pages.. yum yum :) but those 42 pages, are quite entertaining..
One thing, is that the Rat now has me on Ignore, which is a positive. He finally conceded defeat.

Last edited:
Good grief. The last statement sums it ALL up.

Time IS money.

They are mentally masturbating.

The sad thing is (like I always say) guys are watching this idiocy and they will try and copy it.

A second year engine builder could make more power for less money and WAY less time.

Of course, his HP/CFM wouldn’t be acceptable to the guys who THINK they are Pro Stock level engine builders but really are nothing more than lawn mower service techs.

It’s sad really.
Why would you think, that anyone would give a crap, about what you think they should do with their own time?
How many times does it have to be explained to you why it's being done the way it is?
Are you just that ignorant, or just a broken record?
It's America right? People can do whatever they like in their spare time. Get over it.

Last edited:
View attachment 1716033584

View attachment 1716033583

I did not loose any ET going from an LD intake, to this sorry looking one, engine just runs better with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back