David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those watching the veiw count on Charles's last video upload from yesterday.

Had to look twice, the veiw count is now up to 3,200 !

Up from 2,500 at 11:00 a.m. this morning.

View attachment 1716033605

Lots of people watching, more people getting involved.

That will be good for St. Jude's Children' Hospital as they will be benifiting from the proceeds of this project. Big Interest

So you’d pay for THAT engine? St. Judes will get screwed unless someone overpays for that highly buffed turd.

So you’d pay for THAT engine? St. Judes will get screwed unless someone overpays for that highly buffed turd.

Charitable Donations

People are going to bid on that finished engine and it could easily bring $10,000, $20,000 or even more depending how much the buyer with the deep pockets wants to help St. Jude's along.

The buyer gets recognition out of it, and it is a tax write off for him being for Charity. Plus he will own a hot little 318.

The 318 engine build is the tool that makes it all happen.

The guys building it get to show off their stuff as a sideline benefit, and gain followers for their future projects in the process.

Win, Win !

☆☆☆☆☆

The guys doing the build and donating all of their time and materials, are quite frankly Marketing this event with all of the people following it.

All of the followers are helping this along.

Charitable Donations

People are going to bid on that finished engine and it could easily bring $10,000, $20,000 or even more depending how much the buyer with the deep pockets wants to help St. Jude's along.

The buyer gets recognition out of it, and it is a tax write off for him being for Charity. Plus he will own a hot little 318.

The guys building it get to show off their stuff as a sideline benefit, and gain followers for their future projects in the process.

Win, Win !

☆☆☆☆☆

The guys doing the build and donating all of their time and materials, are quite frankly Marketing this event with all of the people following it.

The Rat can't have a positive attitude, even when it's for charity.. LOL

Charitable Donations

Win, Win !

☆☆☆☆☆

A fool and his money are soon parted.

I love that you defend this idiocy with all your might. I just don’t buy into the thought that anyone with the IQ of a ball of hair would spend 20k or even 10k on junk like that.

People with money would just donate he money to St. Jude’s than buy that engine and have to start over with if I wanted to use it.

I love that you defend this idiocy with all your might. I just don’t buy into the thought that anyone with the IQ of a ball of hair would spend 20k or even 10k on junk like that.

People with money would just donate he money to St. Jude’s than buy that engine and have to start over with if I wanted to use it.

Freedom of Speech is great.

Now back to Lapping the Valves on your lawn mowers. $$$

More broken record from the TPC

If that is the case, my car is pretty fast, for under 450hp
What's your combo ?
What rpm do you think you peak?

You can guesstimate hp reasonable well if your good at guesstimating these two things peak torque and hp peak rpm.

Torque is fairly easy since it's heavily reliant to displacement, most of us don't build over 1.3:1 lbs-ft per cid so more amateur and or less then ideal parts 1-1.9:1, decent builders 1.2-1.2.9:1, pro builders 1.3-1.39:1, top 1% er builders 1.4-plus:1 .

So I generally use 1.15:1, 1.2:1, 1.25:1 depending what I feel the level of the build and builder or 1.175:1 for an all around general number if not much is known.

So cid x lbs-ft per cid = engine peak torque or just guess how much peak torque you make.

Torque at peak hp is generally 90% ish so peak torque x 90% = torque @ peak hp, now you just need to guess peak hp rpm or where does it feel where it peaks, and just plug the numbers into the hp formula, hp = torque x rpm / 5252,

So say you think you make 420 lbs-ft which is 378 lbs-ft at peak hp say at 5300 rpm, 378 x 5300 \ 5252 = 381 hp. And peak torque is generally 1000-2000 rpm lower,

381 hp @ 5300 rpm
420 lbs-ft @ 3700 rpm

Last edited:
I haven't watched the videos, but it seems the hack Tony isn't involved now?

Someone posted that the build is being done like it was back in the day. It's not like anyone I know would've built it. We would've started with a better (360) head, probably a 360 period. Back then no one really wanted 360's and they were dirt cheap, even running engines.

Yes, I understand why they are doing the build the way they are, it's because it's there and they can. Not because that's what people did back in the day.

I haven't watched the videos, but it seems the hack Tony isn't involved now?

Someone posted that the build is being done like it was back in the day. It's not like anyone I know would've built it. We would've started with a better (360) head, probably a 360 period. Back then no one really wanted 360's and they were dirt cheap, even running engines.

Yes, I understand why they are doing the build the way they are, it's because it's there and they can. Not because that's what people did back in the day.
Back in the day, 360's were considered junk smog motors so it would have been a 340 or a big block.

Thirty Five Hundred (3.5k) veiws in less than 24 hours.

20230111_181305.jpg

Impressive

☆☆☆☆☆

:D I'm not too sure why the "view count" updates. Actually, with this being UTG's project initially, and he has 270k+ subs or so, and throw in DV and AW, both with over 20k subs each, I'm surprised it doesn't have 20+ k in the first 24 hrs. or more. It's funny, though, keep 'em coming
Probably because the majority of the UTG subs figured out he was a bullshit artist, and stopped watching, but didn't bother to unsubscribe. Andy wood uses YouTube as a hobby, he has a actual job, so he doesn't work it as a panhandle gig, and DV has a reputation as some kind of genius, cause he wrote a few books, and won a race one time 50 years ago with a pinto or some such. He is also just trying to be a "professional YouTuber" ya know, talk about a bunch of **** for income.

I just thought it was funny George posting the counts .... LOL I wasn't so sure why ...:)
I agree, that is pretty weird. I guess hes hoping this will be some massive world beater build that will just leave everyone in shock and awe.

I agree, that is pretty weird. I guess hes hoping this will be some massive world beater build that will just leave everyone in shock and awe.
Many others videos get a ton more views in just as short or shorter time. Its a joke. Yt. that said ..George only posts 318, 302, 2 brl adaptor plate low performance responses anyways. He and the guy who posts his 6 pack motor pics... hey isn't it about time we see some more six pack pics.
There are some real standout lames in the bunch.

Last edited:
Charitable Donations

Win, Win !

☆☆☆☆☆

George I thought you were aware of this.. these guys all take a small fee just to "cover their costs" as they call it. He has stated this before, he as in ...David vizard.

Just tracking the reaches and performance of of the youtube post counts, and our association with it.

Don't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Continue on with the subject at hand.

Thanks

Here is a great video with Andy Wood and David Vizard (10 minutes) that explains very well in great detail of what this 318 Build is all about, how they plan on doing it, and the stock 318 parts they are using. Doing "Remove Metal Only" as the basis of the plan.

David Vizard has had a stroke so his speech is a little slow but clear. You can play back the video at 1.5 speed and it sounds just fine without taking long.

Andy Wood and David Vizard will be tag teaming this part of the build together, part time as they can get to it.

Probably because the majority of the UTG subs figured out he was a bullshit artist, and stopped watching, but didn't bother to unsubscribe. Andy wood uses YouTube as a hobby, he has a actual job, so he doesn't work it as a panhandle gig, and DV has a reputation as some kind of genius, cause he wrote a few books, and won a race one time 50 years ago with a pinto or some such. He is also just trying to be a "professional YouTuber" ya know, talk about a bunch of **** for income.
Me and the wife were talking she conveyed that " youd have to have a million views a day to make more than 8 bucks a year..." she isnt spot on but she isnt that far off either LOL!

That explains why Tony has at least one video a day posted and sometimes two...his channel is like pet rocks in the 70s a fad and he wont be able to sustain it. you'll know when its over

he'll just disappear from YT. I predict right around when he starts collecting SSI here in a couple of years.

Me and the wife were talking she conveyed that " youd have to have a million views a day to make more than 8 bucks a year..." she isnt spot on but she isnt that far off either LOL!

That explains why Tony has at least one video a day posted and sometimes two...his channel is like pet rocks in the 70s a fad and he wont be able to sustain it. you'll know when its over

he'll just disappear from YT. I predict right around when he starts collecting SSI here in a couple of years.
From what I understand $5-7 avg for every 1000 views, he's almost got 60 million views so $300-420k

Wow did every body go to bed last night and get up on the Right side, this morning........................ :poke: :thumbsup:

Note to self……..you must hit POST reply for it to show up.

I’m buying every cast iron set of heads I can get my hands on. By time this guys done with this project if I can make 50.00 on each set of heads I grab I can retire. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back