hot rod reunion

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
hey guys. so i went to hot rod reunion yesterday. its all vintage drag racing. and it was great. tons of great old cars. i got to meet don garlits and i got him to sign some of my hemi valve covers, and i got to watch him work on the swamp rat v. i also met don prodome and he signed my valve covers too. later that day i was in the stands with some friends and they introduced me to alot of old racers they knew. i got to meet tommy ivo. he use to race a 4 engine dragster with slicks on front and back. i also met louie force ( john forces brother) and he invited us to the shop to give us a tour. dale armstrong was their as well. he raced "the canuck" back in the 60's. i met a few other old timers as well and they were all great guys. i will post some pictures in a bit, i need to upload them all still. i would recommend this show to anyone who is into vintage drag racing though. there is nothing else like it.

here are a few pics.

garlits1.jpg

prodome1.jpg

reunion1.jpg

reunion2.jpg

reunion3.jpg

Lucky you!Sounds like a great time and the crew your with,looks like you could get into some fun trouble!LOL

P.S I,m joining a Nostalgia Drag racers club this year coming.Should be great to converse with the older hotrodders!

T f'n cool fo school! To live in California. Thanks fo the pics.

i really enjoy your great pics:cheers:, hope to be there sometimes ........

Wow ,that takes me back a year or 2.Thanks for the pics,I would have loved to have been there!Seat of your pants racers.8)

Wow ,that takes me back a year or 2.Thanks for the pics,I would have loved to have been there!Seat of your pants racers.8)

BTW DRENO, I know people who went to the Hot Rod Reunion on Friday and Sunday, but then went to Fall Fling on Saturday. The events were only 1 hour apart. Made for quite a weekend.

sorry i couldnt make it to fall fling. i left the house at 3:30 saturday morning and got to the track at 7:30. the left the track at 10 that night and got home at 2 sunday morning. that was a long day.

-
Back