How About A Quit Smoking Challange

-
The new tax hit cigarettes here yesterday. I see they`ve gone up around $10.00 a carton. Wow, now that`s a tax! Good luck people!

I'm pissy...don't really want to be at work...but that's normal...haven't had a cigarette since Tuesday...that's not normal...gonna go back home and hook up my new air compressor and get some work done on the cars...

I'M REALLY<REALLY PISSY!!!!!!!!!! IT TOOK ME 5 HOURS TO DO 1 HOUR WORTH OF SCHOOL WORK YESTERDAY!!!! THAT IS WHY YOU DID NOT HEAR FROM ME TOO MUCH YESTERDAY!!!!!! IT IS WORKING OUT SO FAR BUT I'M AFRAID TO GO ANYWHERE IN CASE I SEE SOMEONE SMOKING!!!!!! How is everyone else doing???? I almost lost last night when I got done with my school work. I found a whole smoke in my jacket. I threw it away though. Then I dug it out of the trash an hour later and flushed it down the toilet. I'm kinda hurtin so I could use some encouraging PM's from anyone who may care.

Oh, I almost forgot. I now have $12.00 in my jar!!!!! @ $6.00 a day this ought to be kinda cool to actually see that money instead of smoking it.

I'M REALLY<REALLY PISSY!!!!!!!!!! IT TOOK ME 5 HOURS TO DO 1 HOUR WORTH OF SCHOOL WORK YESTERDAY!!!! THAT IS WHY YOU DID NOT HEAR FROM ME TOO MUCH YESTERDAY!!!!!! IT IS WORKING OUT SO FAR BUT I'M AFRAID TO GO ANYWHERE IN CASE I SEE SOMEONE SMOKING!!!!!! How is everyone else doing???? I almost lost last night when I got done with my school work. I found a whole smoke in my jacket. I threw it away though. Then I dug it out of the trash an hour later and flushed it down the toilet. I'm kinda hurtin so I could use some encouraging PM's from anyone who may care.

You can do it!!! Keep a bottle of water with you, whenever you get a craving take a drink. Flushes out your system too. Chewing on a straw really helped me. Remind yourself you're doing this for your loved ones too. Remind yourself how much better you'll feel, and you won't have the aggravation of always making sure you have cigs, lighter, etc. Your sex life will improve. Hope this helps, we're rooting for you all!

Hang in there, guys!

I quit 22yrs ago, and I'm sure its no different now as then. One thing I did was to carry around a container of Altoids mints. Every time I wanted a smoke, I would pop a mint and go about my business. When you get to the point that you don't need the sugar hit, you may graduate to sugarless mints...

I remember the first 2 weeks being the toughest. Then you will only desire a cigarette only once in awhile when a new environmental trigger occurs.

After a month you will be on your way to really feeling good about yourself for succeeding. Shortly thereafter, you will start to become one of those "reformed smokers" and start to hate the smell of a smoke-filled room.

Although you are feeling mighty lousy right now, think of this month as the equivalent of a month's recovery from open heart surgery, or chemotherapy. without the side effects.

Each day will soon become easier, and you will start saving so much money that you all will be able to afford a spare "B" or "E" body!

As I started to stay, HANG IN THERE!

You can do it!!! Keep a bottle of water with you, whenever you get a craving take a drink. Flushes out your system too. Chewing on a straw really helped me. Remind yourself you're doing this for your loved ones too. Remind yourself how much better you'll feel, and you won't have the aggravation of always making sure you have cigs, lighter, etc. Your sex life will improve. Hope this helps, we're rooting for you all!

Your sex life will improve!! If mine gets any better the son will have to move out :toothy10:

Thank you goldfish65:cheers:

Hang in there, guys!

I quit 22yrs ago, and I'm sure its no different now as then. One thing I did was to carry around a container of Altoids mints. Every time I wanted a smoke, I would pop a mint and go about my business. When you get to the point that you don't need the sugar hit, you may graduate to sugarless mints...

I remember the first 2 weeks being the toughest. Then you will only desire a cigarette only once in awhile when a new environmental trigger occurs.

After a month you will be on your way to really feeling good about yourself for succeeding. Shortly thereafter, you will start to become one of those "reformed smokers" and start to hate the smell of a smoke-filled room.

Although you are feeling mighty lousy right now, think of this month as the equivalent of a month's recovery from open heart surgery, or chemotherapy. without the side effects.

Each day will soon become easier, and you will start saving so much money that you all will be able to afford a spare "B" or "E" body!

As I started to stay, HANG IN THERE!

be able to afford a spare "B" or "E" body!:toothy10: Ain't that the truth :-D
But I would put it all in my 66 A body sleeper:cheers: and take up less room.
Thank you 62 Val.

i quit 2 days ago.....those 4mg NICORETTEs they gave away at the martinsville race sunday are great....$10 coupons too.this sucks...

Almost two whole days for me. I have been using little 4" skewers I bought a the grocery store. They can take alot more abuse than a toothpick. The Commit lozenges help too. Still tuff but getting betters. Someone earlier mentioned The craving will go away weather you have one or not. Man that is so true and has helped alot. I wait and damn if I don't forget smoking!!

Ya, this is kinda rough. I wish it was not so hard to do. They say smoking is the hardest thing to quit. 2nd in line is ******. then cocaine.

Me TOO!!!! I just cant stop eating. This is lame!!!!!! I'm starting to lose it!!!!!! Up, never mind. It went away. Up, here it comes again!!!!! UHHHHH, I NEED A SMOKE!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! up, it is gone again. Back to another bowl of cereal. Or order another pizza.

I'm telling you's, chew on a straw!! Any kind will do. You can cut it to size. I liked the skinny plastic kind bars use.

Today is harder than yesterday, but i'm not giving in. So if you don't hear from me again it is either because I killed somebody or somebody killed me.
George - when you fall off the wagon you can just lay there on the ground or get back on the wagon. Don't beat yourself up over it, Rome wasn't built in a day.
I managed to go a little farther today, but I gave in. I did cut my daily usage to 1/4 of what it was on Tuesday. I will keep doing my best.
Ya know, I was at or over 2 packs a day. I figured if I can cut down to less than 1 pack a day, it is easier to jump from 10 feet than it is from 40 feet.
Tomorrow is another day.

George

I managed to go a little farther today, but I gave in. I did cut my daily usage to 1/4 of what it was on Tuesday. I will keep doing my best.
Ya know, I was at or over 2 packs a day. I figured if I can cut down to less than 1 pack a day, it is easier to jump from 10 feet than it is from 40 feet.
Tomorrow is another day.

George
That has worked for me George :read2: You can se where I started to quite and it has been a couple mouths ago, Keep up the good work :cheers:
It will get easier but you have got to want to say no half the time for a while:-D Glad to have you on board with us

Hang in there guys!!! Almost 3 weeks for me and I know how the moodiness things goes as well as eating to compensate!! I stocked up on sugar free hard candy to keep tossing in my mouth when the cravings hit really bad and that has helped. It gets easy the longer you go but the cravings will still come. And PLEASE dont give up if you hit a little bump in the road. Any improvement at all is still helping to get you smoke free soon!! I like what George said, its easier to jump 10 feet 4 times than 40 feet all at once!! Try and think of the bigger picture and keep up the good work everyone!!

Well, I'm still hanging in there. It seems like it has been forever. But only a couple of days.
It doese seem like an eternity don't it dude. Its all in what you want out of the rest of your life and do it :cheers: Proud of ya dude.:cheers:

-
Back