How can i make 700 horse from a 410 stroker

-
Turbo, efi and good gas! Only half trolling.
Boost may not be allowed.
I know the mud bogs here in WV do not allow boost or nitrous for insurance reasons.

About 30 years ago a throttle stuck on a blown Ford set up like the OP's truck, it climbed out of the pit and ran over a lady sitting in a lawn chair, killed her. Sad day at the races.
I was there and still remember the look on her face before the truck hit her.

like the title say 700 from a 410. I'm looking for the recipe. What heads,intake,compression and cam? This will probably be molnar crank/rods and whatever forged piston.
Pretty wide variety of combinations will make 700 horsepower with a 200 shot.
Living long is where you work toward.
Steel crank n rods, h beam, forged light weight rotating assembly ..at the minimum studs..but caps sound like a good idea. I don't believe girdles on sbm help much. It will have to rpm, so heads and exh better be up for it.

I love it when people are like, "you need torque of a big block"

HP is just a calculation. You gotta make a bunch of torque to get to 700 HP, big block or small block.

A Big block will make more low end torque by virtue of displacement but for mud racing your gonna be revving.

I think that guys should either make a recommendation for 700hp or just admit they don't know.
700hp from a SB will be brutally expensive-and to last, I would expect no factory parts in what might be essentially a NASCAR engine-R block, W9 heads, etc.
Boost may not be allowed.
I know the mud bogs here in WV do not allow boost or nitrous for insurance reasons.

About 30 years ago a throttle stuck on a blown Ford set up like the OP's truck, it climbed out of the pit and ran over a lady sitting in a lawn chair, killed her. Sad day at the races.
I was there and still remember the look on her face before the truck hit her.
I fail to see how boost matters...a stuck throttle on a NA giant big-block (I have seen mud racers with 600ci) would do the same thing.

700hp from a SB will be brutally expensive-and to last, I would expect no factory parts in what might be essentially a NASCAR engine-R block, W9 heads, etc.

I fail to see how boost matters...a stuck throttle on a NA giant big-block (I have seen mud racers with 600ci) would do the same thing.
Insurance for the promoter of the show, they check extensively for hidden nitrous systems.
Basically carbs, tunnel ram or single 4bbl, and rev the piss out of them.

Insurance for the promoter of the show, they check extensively for hidden nitrous systems.
Basically carbs, tunnel ram or single 4bbl, and rev the piss out of them.
No, you didn't understand the question. How is a blower truck any more dangerous in that situation than a truck with a pair of Dominators on a tunnel ram, feeding a 600+ci engine?

And more to the point...why don't they use cutoffs, again? I remember those on pro mud racers in the early 90s!

I know you have a 340 block but for that kind of power, why not just swap in a Hellcat engine and call it done? Cost is likely to be the same and the Hellcat can easily break 1000 with minor upgrades.

And the Hellcat block shares a bellhousing pattern with the LAs so the only thing to change out would be the motor mounts.

700 hp on a well done r3 based shortblock with suitable compression and rotating assembly your looking at basically w8s, w9s, ported brodix Mc, indy 245s, with a appropriate cam. Will not be budget based.

If the op would have posted if power adders are allowed it would have probably limited in how far off target this post would go. But he didn’t so why don’t we just put a rocket engine on it and go for a record.

If the op would have posted if power adders are allowed it would have probably limited in how far off target this post would go. But he didn’t so why don’t we just put a rocket engine on it and go for a record.
I recommended a 440 or better yet a 543, figured it be much easier to reach his goal and not have to rev the piss out of it.
Sometimes it is cheaper to go faster.

I recommended a 440 or better yet a 543, figured it be much easier to reach his goal and not have to rev the piss out of it.
Sometimes it is cheaper to go faster.

I try not to talk anyone out of running either a big block or small block. We all have our reasons. My 572 keith black has been here sitting unused since 2010. I just have more fun playing with these little engines. But I love them both. And have run both. Sometimes the rules or weight break’s dictate the engine size we run.

-
Back