how to make 360 more torque

-
I'm not saying a 340 cam is bad probably would even be a decent choice for this engine, but as performance cams go it rather small more in the RV range

Absolutely. That is where 90% or more of people who build their own engines make their fatal mistake. Too big a cam.

Cams are like carburetors. If you err on the small side, you will be happier every. single. time.

STOCK rebuild on the bottom end. Use the stock pistons if they are good and the bore is good. It probably is.

Edelbrock Performer intake. 100 used.

Summit 6900 cam kit.

Summit double roller timing chain.

Summit headers.

Edelbrock 600-650.

Summit MSD knock off distributor curved right.

300-325 HP and 350 or so torque.
Common sense,here. If you take your time ,& shop for used parts, that budget stretches a lot further. Just something,to consider. In other words: BE PATIENT... and search and dig. Better deals turn up, if you are patient.

I already Have a 8 3/4 rearend with 3.23 gears Im putting in once i have the 360 finished. Its a factory 4bbl and he gave me free long tube headers with em as well. The only thing I'm missing is the 2.5 exhaust. Im thinking about putting a 340 Intake on it with a holley carb and a msd dist. I was also debating on putting the edlebrock timing chain. also I'm thinking about putting J or x heads on them what do you think?

if this is going in your early cuda then you better check those headers. 67-up headers will not fit your early cuda.

hell i'd just do a stock rebuild, throw a 600 holley on it and be done.. :)

Absolutely. That is where 90% or more of people who build their own engines make their fatal mistake. Too big a cam.

Cams are like carburetors. If you err on the small side, you will be happier every. single. time.

This is probably the single most intelligent statement on this entire site. J.Rob

Well I will tell you,for me not having deep pockets,this combo has always work for me no **** and it was well under 1000. LD340 intake,MP cam 280-474 340 J 202 valve heads 600-750 Holley cheap low hang en headers ,Ihave built all my Mopars with this winning combo.good luck. :burnout:

Here's the same stock junkyard 308 hp 360 magnum that raced on friday nights for a year running 13.80's in a 3560 lb pickup a year later. Still completely stock short block but with rpm heads and a mild 230/236 @ .050 .577 lift cam added. 440 Tq 457 Hp at flywheel and has taken the now 3380 lb truck to a best of 11.85 at 114 mph. Cheap family man budget sleeper engine = Magnum. And this truck drags my tired butt to work at 4 am so its reliable. I have nothing against an LA 360 but pistons are way down in the hole and budget performance ends about there. But that's my opinion. Im just happy seeing others wrench on a Mopar.

Attachments

• 20140405_204940.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 156
-
Back