My 1974 Plymouth Duster 360

-
Lookin good Cuzn.
Which intake you gonna run again?

Im glad that the "free Duster" is way the hell out in the middle of no-freakin-where.....

Its really not going anywhere now that it has no front suspension.....lol

Ok time for a small update
Installed the new timing chain set and MP Chain Tensioner.
Roller360002.jpg

finally got my Crosswinds Dual Plane intake in, rebuilt my edelbrock 1406 EC600., installed those
IntakeandCarb001.jpg

Got a new timing chain cover and 8 blade water pump, painted and installed those
Roller36095003.jpg

Looking like a LA to me!!!
LAMoparPic.jpg

Needing a 73+ trans crossmember to install the engine and trans. Posted a Wanted Ad, if you can help me out, PM me.
8)

Nice progress so far!

I do have one question:

Where's the BOOST?
(not that I can talk to much, the turbo and intercooler are sitting in the garage too)

Whatever you do keep those classic rock bumper stickers...Those are probably from the late 70s early 80s...:)

Just looked back through this thread and saw your fender tag. My Duster was build 6 days after yours (November 21), and less than 3000 separated them.

Oh, wait, I don't remember where mine was build. Need to check mine when I get home.

Looking good Prine.. coming along nicely.. that's one nice thing about elbow grease - available anytime you need it and the price is good.

Grant

Looks like my Duster 360 was made at the same plant as yours, St. Louis.

Looking good Prine.. coming along nicely.. that's one nice thing about elbow grease - available anytime you need it and the price is good.

Grant

Prine's got some of the greasiest elbows I have ever seen. It sometimes amazes me how much he gets done for so little $. Constantly reminds me that I need to get my *** in gear.....

Engine looks good Cuzn. :thebirdm:

Prine's got some of the greasiest elbows I have ever seen. It sometimes amazes me how much he gets done for so little $. Constantly reminds me that I need to get my *** in gear.....

LOL...if only my bank account represented my enthusiasm....imagine what I could accomplish!

So, got stuff for a update

The wife and I...
29447_1196694897468_1831368110_3643.jpg

celebrate our 9th Anniversary Thursday July 22nd 2010....6 days out right now.

Guess what she did for me?

MPValveCovers001.jpg

Yeah...bought me a set of MP Valve Covers!!!

Also....I took the day off today and went JY'ing. Ended up at the local recycling yard where I picked up enough 2.5" T304 Stainless Pipe to make my exhaust system for less than $100 !!!...I just need my SS mufflers and some hanger hardware and thats a done deal.

StainlessExhaustPipe001.jpg

StainlessExhaustPipe002.jpg

StainlessExhaustPipe003.jpg

Trans Crossmember is sourced, bought and paid for and enroute....should be here this weekend or early next week.

I am about to purchase a front suspension kit, fuel sending unit, walbro fuel pump, and some other minor stuff....stay tuned.

The wife and I...
29447_1196694897468_1831368110_3643.jpg

celebrate our 9th Anniversary Thursday July 22nd 2010....6 days out right now.

All I wanna know is, how did YOU get a cutie like her? I wonder the same thing about myself everyday. LOL If she's gettin you car parts, she's a sweatheart. You better keep her. Congrats on the anniversery!

Hey, looking good, and congratulations on the Anniversary! You picked a good day to get married...my birthday.

Thanks for all the compliments, you made her blush when I showed her!

Whats the best way to PCV vent these MP covers? I was expecting to get hardware, gaskets, caps, breather, and PCV with them, but they just showed up with (2) Fill Caps.

Her sister is married, has a kid, and is addicted to building homes and flipping them...not into cars at all...rather kinda boring.

My wife on the other hand wants to drive, or ride every vehicle I get.
She is the ONLY female I have ever rode in a car with above 100mph....she piloted us upto 175mph in Germany on an Autobahn more than once.

She cant wait to "have to be stuck with the Duster" when I need the truck for the weekend.....:love3:

Happy belated anniversary Kelly! funny, thats Abigail's birthday too!

What did you decide on the pvc? I'm sort of in the same boat, I was unable to find the right size grommet at any of the parts stores around here. And all the bone heads that work at them are unable to think outside the box to find one from something else. It took me about a half an hour of searching to find the right hoses for my Aerostar radiator, One is meant for a Nissan and I cant remember the other. They can only think based on what thier computer says, Its frusterating....

Your motor is lookin good, I can't wait to bring our cars together someday to compare what we've done. I was just saying to Shannon how similar our tastes are, then again you were the one who got me hooked!

I recently began stripping the paint on the Dartster, It's crazy to see how much paint was put on it between the two of us, and now I remember how much hail damage was on that body when you first got her. I recently scored some buckets out of a '76 charger daytona (cordoba), the drivers is even powered, they have the same shape as what is supposed to be there. along with a pair of sport mirrors. The guy was gutting it for a demo car.....

Awesome John. I cant wait either. I am getting ready for one heckuva update to this thread. I just sold my 71' Super Beetle...and I am pouring all the $$$$ into the duster.

:bootysha:

:-D
I tore all the front suspension stuff off and I am going through that rightnow...just sandblasted everything...parts ordered...removed bushings today...waiting on parts to show up.

Bout to order a new:

Radiator/electric fan
Fuel Tank
Fuel Sending Unit
Walbro 255 Electric fuel pump :munky2:
and a few other choice pieces to make my roller 360 make some noise....:clock:

Stay tuned for sure!!!

Well...:angel5:..I hit a road block....but I have made some progress. I got all the front suspension stuff tore down....sand blasted...new parts finally showed up.....I assembled the upper control arms.....all went smooth.....bushings and ball joints went in no sweat. Got the new lower bushings, wire wheeled the pivot shafts, lubed everything up, pressed the lower CA bushings in..pressed the pivot shafts in, when I went to install the pivot shaft in the driver side CA, I noticed the adjuster knuckle had been TWEAKED against a Spacer from the bushing being pressed in :tard: I tried to straighten it back out....But I no Likey. Anybody Have a 73+ Driver Side Lower Control Arm WITH a Sway Bar Tab?....so I can try this one more time!!! PleASE!!! I am desPRATE.

Not to be totally dismayed, I layed everything out all nice and neat...primed the upper CA's, then painted them gloss black. I primed the calipers and brackets and painted them Red with Duplicolor Caliper Paint. I painted the strut rods black.

Since I was still trying to make some progress on the front suspension I really got into cleaning the spindles....prior to I had only removed the brackets and steering knuckles and wrapped a rag around the shafts'.....I noticed the passenger spindle the bearing had spun and mahled the outer bearing area. Wanting to do this job right I called around looking for a spindle....Nothing available anywhere....No part number or nothing. Where does a guy find a Passenger side spindle for a 74 Disc Brake A-body?
:read2:

I have been recieving parts left and right, and its been hard to keep track of everything, but I am trying to organize it all and its coming right along.

:clock:

Can anybody help me with either of my current issues? :sad5:

Damn...I have got to go to sleep now. :sleepy2:

I've got a spare lower CA, with the swaybar bracket, but it's a complete set with the swaybar. Not really sure I want to seperate them right now. If one doesn't pop up, let me know, maybe we can talk about it.

I found several spindles listed on car-part.com. Might give that a try. Would have linked to the list, but I don't think it would have worked.

-
Back