My 71 Duster Project

-
OK I am having issues posting pics from work so I will upload them when I get home. How does posting videos work? I have three good ones for you all! Thanks!

OK here are the pics...Still trying to figure out the videos. HELP!

Attachments

• IMG_1249.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_1252.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 516
So glad everything has worked out on this motor that got lost for a while! Very nice HP & TQ numbers!!!!!

Sweet Duster!!!

So glad everything has worked out on this motor that got lost for a while! Very nice HP & TQ numbers!!!!!

Sweet Duster!!!

Thank you! I was very lucky and I am very thankful for finding this builder! He has done a phenomenal job on this engine build. Once I get the videos compressed, I will post those. This baby sounds very healthy and strong!

OK lets try something here. Here are some links to the three videos I shot. First one is of the engine idling. Second one is idling behind the dyno. Last one is the horsepower run. Let me know if these work. Enjoy!

[ame=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/smartken22/IMG_1256.mp4]
th_IMG_1256.jpg
[/ame]

[ame=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/smartken22/IMG_1257.mp4]
th_IMG_1257.jpg
[/ame]

[ame=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/smartken22/IMG_1255.mp4]
th_IMG_1255.jpg
[/ame]

SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did I say that loud enough? Awesome just AWESOME

OK here is the sheet. This is without the 2" spacer installed - 389.7hp and 389.3 ft lbs of torque. Jetting = pri: 73 / sec: 80 / initial timing @ 11 degrees and total timing @ 32 degrees

Attachments

• IMG_1260.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 463
Awesome car and great running little engine!

What squirter size did you end up with? Does that carb use a power valve on the secondary side or just the primary side?

Awesome car and great running little engine!

What squirter size did you end up with? Does that carb use a power valve on the secondary side or just the primary side?

Thank you! For the squirter it had a 31 in it and ended up putting a 37. On the accelerator pump we swapped the green cam out for a blue cam. Power valves are only on the primary side. Secondaries are vacuum so I have a few springs for that once shes driving.

I just had the pleasure of checking out your whole build process. You've done such an awesome job of building as well as posting, an inspiration for us all! Great car, good luck with the rest of the build!

As anxious as I am to get this motor installed and fired up, I have been delayed due to a project one of my friends brought over. I am installing a new wiring harness in his 66 Chevy C10 pickup due to a similar rats nest like mine. It is a time consuming process, but after working on it all week, I should be finished tomorrow. We did circuit testing today and everything powered up perfectly. Tomorrow I will be cleaning everything up and installing his new steering column and it will be finished. Here are some pics of that project. I have everything I need to get mine going (other than rims and tires) so once I finish this project I will be back on mine. More to follow and thank you all for the support and kind words!

Attachments

• IMG_1277.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1266.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1265.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1262.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_1261.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1264.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1278.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 320
Man that motor sounds angry! Great numbers should be lots of fun out on the road 👍

-
Back