My New Rotisserie

-

DusTed74

Reaction score
Hey guys & gals. I just put the finishing touches on my rotisserie.
I found the plans on line and its A body specific & I made a few of my own improvements. The total cost was just under $400.
If anyone is looking into building one I'd be happy to help with how we put this one together.

Ted

Attachments

• DSC03517.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 541
Pretty nice! I'd like to build one myself and have about 5 or 6 different plans downloaded.
You say it is A body specific. How so?

Nice job, may want to consider castors for the center rail it will roll easier. That and help when you turn it that center of gravity thing is a big wake up call when it shows up. Some kind of index wheel is not a bad addition easy to do. I will try and post a pic of how I did mine latter. Again nice work.

Thank you for all for the kind words.
Here is the link to the plans that I used http://www.mts.net/~hpokrant/Restoration_Tips/1-Rotisserie/Plans.htm
I realized that I was going to need another caster in the center yesterday when I put it all together. I'll come up with something.
Like I said we made some improvements on the basic design such as being able to index the rotor every 45* and height adjustments at 2.5 inch incraments.
The casters I got on e-bay for $12. each. I hated to buy stuff from china but I just couldnt pass up the deal.
Like I said, if anyone goes ahead with building one I'll be happy to share what we did.

Ted

My question is how do you get the car up and down without the hydrolic lift cylinders built in ?

My question is how do you get the car up and down without the hydrolic lift cylinders built in ?

Back in the day, when I restored cars for a living, I went out and bought a massive cherry picker. It's about twice as big as the fold up ones that are all the rage right now. Big enough to pick a 7.3 diesel out of a Ford F450 without pulling the core support. You get the idea.

I'd use it to lift the cars on to mine.

I don't know how the OP is going to do it, but that's how I used to.

-
Back