Some Dirt Bag

-
Awesome job! Great way to spread joy to the kids.

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to get pictures at Monster Mopar Weekend.
Unfortunately some of the picture files are corrupt. I don't know why. Only a few survived.
I had some of Kegan placing the decals on the bike and a few of her among the cars. The one pic is of her making a face at Kegan:D
The best news of all came as a total surprise.
Kegan, Doogievlg and myself were shooting the bull, we decided to walk up to the track when the racing started up. Cheyanne, my eternal shadow, was right there too.
When things got started the grin came up and it stayed there. she was asking all sorts of questions about what was going on. (you need to know, when she doesn't like something the only question is "we leaving yet?") We sat there for a good hour. she was picking cars and she loves the sound of the hemis spooling up.
I got's me a keeper!
any way I'll get more pics. My wife has some on her I-pad I'll transfer too.

Attachments

• 100_2120.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 286
  • 100_2121.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 100_2122.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 100_2123.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 280
Man I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. That's great.

That's great! Glad to see her with a bike and a smile on her face.

Way to go Kegan for putting the stickers on for her!

Good to hear that she likes the sound of the Hemi's and likes to watch racing and pick her favorite for each race. She sure is a keeper. Enjoy teaching her about cars.

That smile says it all!! That other look??? Save that one for the person who stole yer bike!!!

Super sweet girl and a super sweet new bike, very happy to see a happy ending!! Enjoy!! Geof and Nella

That's awesome!! Thanks for the update gunbunny!! Nice to see her enjoying her bike and to hear she loves the cars!! Excellent choice for a shirt too!! :cheers:

nice to see her with her new bike. Good job Kegan on the decal!

Been away for a few days and was just reading this sad story. I have sent $10. for each child.

beautiful young lady and great looking bike, thanks for sharing,Joe

Next purchase:

kryptonite_evolution_series4_u_lock_detail.jpg

Finally just saw this whole thread. Wonderful, is all I can say. Hits home very close, as my own daughter has a POS mother, so I can understand how your granddaughter can feel like nothing good ever lasts. Tough lessons to un-teach a child but SO worth it.
Kudos (or should I say 'Cudas!) to everyone involved and especially you, Gunbunny, for being a rock in your granddaughter's life!
-and best wishes for your own daughter to turn her life around.

-Doug

Hey guys!
I know I said Chey would send out thank you notes! She will!
We are in the middle of a move! We thought this was going to happen, but it is sooner rather than later.
Getting custody of Chey was expensive but worth every nickle, now a judge has saw fit to allow me to move Cheyanne. We needed more space and put the house up for sale. The house sold faster than I could ever imagine but I had to accommodate the buyer and move quickly.
So please, don't think we/she has forgotten you! She rides her bike all the time, plus there are a couple of kids in the old neighborhood who also have bikes thanks you guys. My presence here is going to be sporadic at best until we find a house or do something about or living situation. We are looking, but finding closing and moving all take time. Hope to squared away in next few weeks. Things are moving faster with this little girl than I could ever imagine. I just hope next year we get to take a nice long breather!

-
Back