Some Prayers Please, Mom's at the Hospital, It's Serious,

-

jaimus

Old School ASE Gold
Reaction score
Just when you think everything is settled and all is good,...

Got the call at work today from Sis, She stops by the rents house every thursday just to say hi,...While talkin to Mom, Mom starts acting wierd, Dropped the coffee pot twice, talking wierd, collapses in her chair.

My sister does home health care, so her spidey sense starts tingling, She calls 911, then calls me, thinks Mom is havin a stroke. I Immediatly call my top two guys from the FD, My 2nd Assistant is there in 6 minutes, calls me back sayin they are doin a rapid transport to the local clinic.

I broke some serious speed limits to the clinic, just in time to see Mom off to Yale New Haven Hospital, Hot Transport, The best in the region,...Doc shows me the CAT scan, It's an intercranial bleed the size of a golfball,....Very Bad,...Her Blood pressure is 240/108,...Very Bad,...Pick up Dad,...Fly to New Haven,...Mom is in ICU, can't talk, can't walk,...

The Docs got her BP down, the bleed is stable, She can understand me but can't get the words out, 2nd CAT scan shows another anyuerism, bad but not immenent,...she is resting now,...Gonna do a MRI in the morning,...Take Dad home, Make the phone calls,...It's now midnight, and I just got home,...Tired and Wired,...I'll take all the help I can get right about now....

Man Jaimus Im sorry. I can sense the panic in your thread. Quick thinking on your part though to call your FD buddies..and lucky to have your sis in home care. Prayers coming your way for your mom. Quick acting on your part!

Addin your mom and family to the prayer list here.

Hang in there...tough going through that. (Went through it with Dad 7 years ago, so I feel for you!)

Thanks guys,...So now I'm out on the deck, in the rain, havin a beer and a very rare smoke, tried eatin somethin but I'm not feelin It,...Here I am the oldest of the four of us, with 35 years in EMS/Fire,...and I'm not feelin all that strong right now...

Prayers for your mom.
That hits you more than ton of bricks ,I pray for your strength also.

Darryl

Hang in there bud and be strong...good thing she got there early and you all seen the sings, prayers sent

Praying for your mom.... Take care of yourself too Jamie. I hope she recovers quickly and is able to pull through this with no lasting effects.

Thanks guys,...So now I'm out on the deck, in the rain, havin a beer and a very rare smoke, tried eatin somethin but I'm not feelin It,...Here I am the oldest of the four of us, with 35 years in EMS/Fire,...and I'm not feelin all that strong right now...
Hang in ther ifyou need some one to talk too just pm me i can even shoot you my number

Prayers sent out for your mom and you and your sister this morning Jaimus
Stay strong for your family and try to rest.

Prayers sent for you and your family. Sounds like your Mom is in good hands. tmm

Prayers on the way for your mom, you, and your entire family.
Stay strong!

-
Back