Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Evening All! Karl, sorry for the bad news but it's good to know so now you can deal with it, rest up and harass us all you want!!!

Thank goodness when I need inch pounds of torque I have a buddy with that wrench cause I'm not doing that math : )
Mains, rods, and head bolts get the torque wrench. All else get's a hand wrench or the proper size and length ratchet.

Mains, rods, and head bolts get the torque wrench. All else get's a hand wrench or the proper size and length ratchet.

I had a Toyota 4x4 pickup that had a squash collar so big wrench but don't pull too tight or you're done, then check with inch pound torque wrench, like 10 inch lbs.
Pinion bearing preload, flange nut.

Last edited:

That and sequence too, right? I hear some things are very particular, seems to me inside out and cross ways? Think I've read in some Haynes manuals where there is a recommended numbering for tightening/torque.

No they think it's the new strain which doesn't respond to the infusions... (For some reason they don't test to find out which strain it is...)

However the doc said that my case is mild 0.5 on a scale of 0 - 10 and there isn't any treatment except just rest, so they gave me the option to be admitted or go home and isolate.... Knowing this hospital from before I chose to go home and rest because all of their beds are worn out and have a huge divot/hole in the middle of the mattress where your *** sits and the bed tilts and is very uncomfortable....

Plus who wants to sit in a boring hospital all day when you can be at home harassing your coffee club friends..... :D :realcrazy:

only reason we got tested for which strain we had was due to my wife working in healthcare. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have tested us.

That and sequence too, right? I hear some things are very particular, seems to me inside out and cross ways? Think I've read in some Haynes manuals where there is a recommended numbering for tightening/torque.
I don't trust Haynes. They are the worst of the worst. You loosely torque the thrust bearing and pry the crank for and aft to set the bearing then start and the center and work your way out. Same with the heads and intake. Rods I start at the front and work my way back.

Don't trust Haynes. They are the worst of the worst. You loosely torque the thrust bearing and pry the crank for and aft to set the bearing then start and the center and work your way out. Same with the heads and intake. Rods I start at the front and work my way back.

Haynes is what I've mostly used along with some Chiltons. Will use factory manual for my Duster though : )

I had a Toyota 4x4 pickup that had a squash collar so big wrench but don't pull too tight or you're done, then check with inch pound torque wrench, like 10 inch lbs.
Pinion bearing preload, flange nut.
Been there done that. Usually 450 foot lbs to get the crush sleeve moving, and sneaking up on 10 in/lb rolling torque is not easy. I made a yoke holder long enough that it will jam up against my hoist while i tighten nut.

Haynes for the SJ and J trucks actually pretty good. Good photos and some info the sevice manual overlooked. Good supplement or in the case of mid 80s, a better first buy.

Don't trust Haynes. They are the worst of the worst. You loosely torque the thrust bearing and pry the crank for and aft to set the bearing then start and the center and work your way out. Same with the heads and intake. Rods I start at the front and work my way back.
That’s what I did on my 440 but the crank didn’t move back and forth at all when prying

And OUCH!!! I just stepped on a rusty nail by accident !!

Couple pics of that 86 Toy, 4.88 gears, tri-y header, 20R head (that was fun with timing chain, different profile/height), locker in rear, mild suspension and body lift, 32 BFG's, Mikuni's (learned about mercury sticks there). Pics are Rubicon, floating the subwoofers in a stream crossing (girlfriend-now wife somehow) not happy. Last pic an over carbed engine, should have got oversized intake valves, had to jet it down.

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

My first and only "frame off" was my 79 Land Cruiser. Found rust free tub, swapped transfer case to 3 speed so lower ratio, 4 speed trans, 4.56 gears I think, Offenhauser intake, Holley 390 CFM vacuum secondary, dual exhaust (rare for straight 6 but hey I had a two piece header). Tons of bolt ons, Con Fer bench seat with storage, Aqua Alu aluminum fenders, Bestop, 35" BFG Mud Terrains, Lock rite locker. Also added the all important trail necessity, CAR B Q, a screen I mounted off the side of the motor to heat food up on for the ride lol! Took the kids on lots of trips. Note the license plate "NADA JP", that was fun at Jeep Jamborees that would allow a Japanese rig lol! In pic where I drove off the bridge, too early, not enough coffee, or too much beer night before or a combo of both : )

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

Oh, almost forgot, the front bumper was an expansion/storage tank for my onboard compressor (ARB), had fittings I tapped in there. Craziest thing I did in this rig was (girlfriend Becky not present), happened while camping with several friends, everybody naked, backwoods camping, went wheeling out into the night, girls hanging on the roll bar. Pulled up to another campsite, bunch of as drunk as we were dudes came out to truck, talked for a little bit then they noticed and said, "Hey, you're all naked".

IMG_3923.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back