Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
2022 NARC FUJITSU GENERAL USA SPRINT CAR SERIES SCHEDULE
Crowning a King of the West Champion

April 2 The Stockton Dirt Track – 3rd Annual Aspargus Cup – $6000 to win
April 9 Keller Auto Speedway (Hanford) – $10,000 to win Anthony Simone Classic
April 30 Silver Dollar Speedway (Chico) – Tenth Annual David Tarter Memorial
May 13 Thunderbowl Raceway (Tulare) – Peter Murphy Classic w/SCCT
May 14 Keller Auto Speedway (Hanford) – $11,000 to win Peter Murphy Classic w/SCCT
May 21 Petaluma Speedway – Salute to First Responders

Chico and Stockton probly closest events, Petaluma too

I know how bad you want to find a match and I can appreciate that, but something to consider.
That year with 383 2 door how many were produced?? Usually half or less were four speeds.
Then look at the color. A little research will tell you the % of that year model were painted your color.
Then you take that number factor in the number of years since it was built, popularity for restoration, etc...and how many just like that are still out there??
You might have to reconsider the perfect match to Grandpa's car.
Something close may be your best option. You could always have it painted.
JMO

Today was no work on Firebird. I replaced control arm bushings on a set of arms from a 76 trans am. My old car. 455/4speed. Buddy bugged me til i sold it to him. Hes really going afrer it. Rebuilding everything. Will be a nice car when its done.

I know how bad you want to find a match and I can appreciate that, but something to consider.
That year with 383 2 door how many were produced?? Usually half or less were four speeds.
Then look at the color. A little research will tell you the % of that year model were painted your color.
Then you take that number factor in the number of years since it was built, popularity for restoration, etc...and how many just like that are still out there??
You might have to reconsider the perfect match to Grandpa's car.
Something close may be your best option. You could always have it painted.
JMO
That is on the table if it has the rest of the goodies.

Hello All! Good to be off work! Going to cook dinner for the misses, yesterday was our anniversary and she cooked (we went out Sat). Halibut and asparagus, I'll make it so it's not that healthy lol!

They didnt appreciate me taking their picture…
2355A378-DD43-4E2A-87D4-75A5226D3716.jpeg

It has a longer grip and extended magazine and comes with the factory red dot. I have found the 365 is a bit tough to manage due to short grip. The XL solved that. SIG listened to the negative feedback and changed the platform. The result is used market is now getting flooded with 365s as folks trade to the XL. If you prefer the 365 check out used market. Might be some excellent prices?

"Old" post I know but I find the P365 fits my hands perfectly and yeah, I read those reviews of folks who didn't like the feel, even to the point of affecting accuracy. I held this gun in my hand before buying of course, felt and feels great. I was searching for one I could conceal but would also have stopping power when it was a nightstand buddy. I don't know that you can find a gun with a 10 and 1 capacity that is this small and undetectable. HOWEVER, I do not like that it doesn't have a safety. So.....I'm looking into other options to carry with (suggestions please- needs to have a safety). The one thing that the critics pointed out concerning the first generation of this weapon was that is wouldn't always fire and when that occured it could be fired upside down. Glad SIG addressed that.

What Craig said.
Plus if you find exactly what you want in the future you can always sell this one.
Hmmm If I’m going to go that route, then I’ll think about it. It’s proving to be a tough combo to find. I’m thinking IF I’m gonna go that route then I may as well just find a 318 poly 4 speed car that’s rust free and in that color, then just drop a 383 into it and be done.

"Old" post I know but I find the P365 fits my hands perfectly and yeah, I read those reviews of folks who didn't like the feel, even to the point of affecting accuracy. I held this gun in my hand before buying of course, felt and feels great. I was searching for one I could conceal but would also have stopping power when it was a nightstand buddy. I don't know that you can find a gun with a 10 and 1 capacity that is this small and undetectable. HOWEVER, I do not like that it doesn't have a safety. So.....I'm looking into other options to carry with (suggestions please- needs to have a safety). The one thing that the critics pointed out concerning the first generation of this weapon was that is wouldn't always fire and when that occured it could be fired upside down. Glad SIG addressed that.

M&P9C. Holds 12 rounds. But can also use the larger 17 round mags as its big brother the M&P9. The M&P9C is not much bigger than my G42. Just wider. And it does fit in a pocket, just not as well as my G42.

my G42, you can get 10 round mags for it and I think I’ve seen 12s. Factory is 6. You can swap the base plate and get two more without much add on to the mag.

I'll throw another thought in.
Do you really want that same car?
Sometimes we think we want things, that maybe we don't.
I knew I wanted a notchback barracuda, and I kindof thought I wanted a Jeep. Those worked out to be true. I smile every time I climb in and hit the key. OK maybe a little less on the wagoneer now that its a creaky rustbucket - but I still really like driving it.

But there are other things I've thought I've wanted, turned out not quite so much.
Last year or the year before I bought Underwood with a Winchester stock in part because my Uncle had one with a Winchester stock - now long gone.
That was a wrong decision based in part on something I thought I wanted (because my uncle had one) turns out I don't.

M&P9C. Holds 12 rounds. But can also use the larger 17 round mags as its big brother the M&P9. The M&P9C is not much bigger than my G42. Just wider. And it does fit in a pocket, just not as well as my G42.

my G42, you can get 10 round mags for it and I think I’ve seen 12s. Factory is 6. You can swap the base plate and get two more without much add on to the mag.
But at that point the only advantage is that its thin. Might as well have the E-Z in 380 or even a compact M&P in 9.

I don't care for the safety in the trigger as a concept or in use. I'm sure others have different opinions. I guess the question is what one wants a safety to do.

Hmmm If I’m going to go that route, then I’ll think about it. It’s proving to be a tough combo to find. I’m thinking IF I’m gonna go that route then I may as well just find a 318 poly 4 speed car that’s rust free and in that color, then just drop a 383 into it and be done.
Or convert that car to 4spd.

Hard finding one that does it all well.
For the nightstand could go .38 or .357 revolver with 4" barrel, or a 1911 or 92 if you prefer pistol with safety.

Evening men...... Chris. If you want a 64 sport fury in that color combo and you have the funds buy it. It is very well priced and not easy to find. Red most popular color combo...383 4 4bbl is the standard engine in 64 sport fury.

Evening men...... Chris. If you want a 64 sport fury in that color combo and you have the funds buy it. It is very well priced and not easy to find. Red most popular color combo...383 4 4bbl is the standard engine in 64 sport fury.
Agreed! Decisions to Make I Have

-
Back