Survivor 1972 Dodge D100 found.....

-
Actually the rubber seal at the top of the windshield leaks extremely. We had one hard rain and there was water standing on the floor mats. I paln to have the windsheild replaced soon so that may help. I could not fins any "tiny drain holes" in the rain gutter above the windshield. Where approximately are they located?
My son and I are headed out Saturday to look at 34,000 mile 318 w/904 thats in a town nearby, it will be for the 74 Swinger we have been doing as a father/son project. Otherwise, today I was just too busy with other things to work on the truck, that stinks.

Actually the rubber seal at the top of the windshield leaks extremely. We had one hard rain and there was water standing on the floor mats. I paln to have the windsheild replaced soon so that may help. I could not fins any "tiny drain holes" in the rain gutter above the windshield. Where approximately are they located?
My son and I are headed out Saturday to look at 34,000 mile 318 w/904 thats in a town nearby, it will be for the 74 Swinger we have been doing as a father/son project. Otherwise, today I was just too busy with other things to work on the truck, that stinks.

on the two canadian model trucks I have there is one on the drivers side and one on the passengers side, American trucks maybe different,

We went to the local "Wrench-A-Part", aka; pick-and-pull, and found a few neat older cars and other sights.
- An old Valient with the motor in the trunk in parts.
- A NewPort with it's engine missing and rust holes in the middle of the roof.
- Goats on guard
- Grill Guard with brackets we needed.
I also found a 1973 D100 and was able to pull the dash face, glove box, and fuse block cover for my 72. I did notice that 73's have the gas tank under the bed and have disk brakes up front, where my gas tank is in the cab ,behind the seat, and the front brakes on mine are drums while the 73 had disks.

000_1720.jpg

000_1722.jpg

000_1723.jpg

000_1724.jpg

000_1721.jpg

U should totally grab the disc brake stuff off the 73. =D
And that chargers bumper and grilles are mint!!!!

That big C-barge is cool. To bad it's so far away.

That Charger is actually a Newport but there is a strong resemblance. But that car was pretty wasted rust wise and there were tons of 'Chevy' stuff throw in the back seat area.
While the disk brakes might be a good up-grade, I'm staying original, sticking with the "survivor" theme of the truck. Besides, I have disc's to still put on the Dart to replace its badly grooved ones if I ever find the time.

I am encloseing these pictures of trucks that my parts hunt for my 72, D2100 have led me to. Red truck is a 73, grey is a 79, white with big mudders is a 74. I couldn't find the year on the old, light blue, sweptline. I ended up scoreing a glove box, glove box door, (only one small crack compared to my numerous ones) the "Tuff Wheel" will go in my father/son, 74 Dart Swinger. Man was it hot at over 100 degree's before noon. As of 19 Augst, we have had 19 straight days of 100+ temps.

000_1731.jpg

000_1732.jpg

000_1733.jpg

000_1736.jpg

000_1737.jpg

000_1738.jpg

000_1739.jpg

man what I wouldn't do to have a set of doors like all these dodge trucks have! there all almost flawless!

This would be the Tuff Wheel I pulled from the 79 truck and put into my 72 D100 today. I polished up the spokes and painted up the horn button before adding the 4.5 inch wide steering wheel wrap. If you dont use the 4.5 wide, it wont wrap completely. You can see the adaptor from the side shot. I guess it doesn't look too bad compared to the old cracked wheel that was in the 72 originaly. I pulled a better glove box door and dash face plate from the local "wrench-a-part" yard. Amazing what some elbow grease and Armor-All does for the interior. First shot should be of the interior when we found the truck.

I spent Labor Day 'laboring' some polish on the passenger side of the D100 which now means I have the entire truck polished except the small area between the grill and front bumper. Now that the truck is polished I just need to apply a coat of wax next. The paint is thin but still gives a nice reflection. I also took better pictures of the interior. I still have to install the stainless window visors on the doors and the front diamond plate splash guards as well as do some smaller painting to the underside. Then I'll start on all the hoses, belts, etc, under the hood.

Thank you for the remarks. Notice you can see my sons white, GMC Z71 truck in the reflection of the paint in this photo. But if I rubbed to hard, I was starting to see the primer before I knew it!

Always check the door tags on those pre-72 Dodge trucks...those, and A100 vans, are home to 3.55 and 3.91 geared 8 3/4's a lot more often than a guy might suspect. Especially with /6's! And the better Sure-grips too.
You are doing a great job on the D100, I still think you stole it! It's a crime that trucks as straight as the white/grey one are winding up in junkyards...I'm sure the east coast guys would agree!
Keep up the hard work, it's paying off well..

Alan

That seat in the truck that the Tuff Wheel came from was actually for a CJ series jeep. I think I remember seeing paperwork for those seats in the glove box and they were made by "Best Top".

That truck is really looking sharp! One thing I noticed that you could do would be repaint the black insert on the side trim. Would take a little time but would be cheap and would look really nice when it was done. Keep up the good work and keep the pitures comming!

daliant,
When you say "dash cover", do you mean a cover that lays over the entire dash area, like a 'dash-mat' type? If it's black, I might be interested.

Its the plastic "dash pad" that goes above the gauges, looks like someone drilled some holes in yours. Its black, its faded but no cracks or scratches.

I was able to actually spend a little time today cleaning the visors that were in the truck. This picture shows one clean and one still nasty. I have had them removed ever since I acquired it but just never got around to cleaning them. Well today I had a few hours and so I brought them into the kitchen and placed them on the counter and started scrubbing. I used "Soft Scrub" which is made by the Dial Corporation and can be bought at any grocery store. That along with an old toothbrush and a wash rag with warm water cleaned them up pretty good. I could tell that years of driving by a "smoker" had stained the visors badly and the Soft Scrub quickly turned a nasty grey color as it foamed up while cleaning. I still have to polish out the interiors painted roof area. With no headliner, the inside is all painted butterscotch color and it is dingy with years of cigarette stain as well. So maybe between my sons weekend baseball tournament games up in Waco, I will find time to clean the rest of the cabs interior paint and re-install the visors.

-
Back