The Dart got hit!!!

-
The ggod news is that your inners look o.k from here. Which means theres no structural damage. Most of that will come out with a couple good pulls on a come along if you weld tabs in the right spots to hook onto.I would do this first before pulling any damaged parts off. It will make bolting new stuff on much easier.

man i feel for you. this kid at my girls skool was goin out to eat with her acting group and i was drivin the blazer when he cut me off and if i hadnt hit the brakes he would of hit me. i was broke so had no insurance so it pissed me off. amber my gf saved his life i know. it sucks. lucky for me he didnt get me. even worse when its a real car like the dart. at least they didnt try to fight you... yet

I am going to Moparfest and can bring the parts from PETTYBLUDART in Canada to CT if that will help??

Aw man! That sucks JR. I am really surprised that dude lived.
Pulling it out before taking off the old parts sounds like a good idea.

As you stated, her insurance adjuster may try to tell you the car is only worth $800, but to you it is worth $8,000 plus and let this person know that. If the adjuster trys to give you a check for less then what you feel is enough to fix it "correct" you can always go over his or her head... I hate to say this but they may try to total it out and if they do you may want to insist they pay you along with signing the car back to you.

Just My Toughts...

This car is really complete and straight.

A Day at the Junk Yard 080.jpg

As you stated, her insurance adjuster may try to tell you the car is only worth $800, but to you it is worth $8,000 plus and let this person know that. If the adjuster trys to give you a check for less then what you feel is enough to fix it "correct" you can always go over his or her head... I hate to say this but they may try to total it out and if they do you may want to insist they pay you along with signing the car back to you.

Just My Toughts...

They will NOT total this car. Seeing as I have or can track down all the needed parts to repair it. I know how the game is played and have gone to court for and against insurance companies. Along with my day job of welding, fabbing displays and being in charge of plant maintenance I have owned an auto appraisal company since high school and am part owner in another one and have over 12 years experiance in appraisals in the state of Washington. So if they want to play games with me they can try as hard as they want but they will not win.
Their "adjuster" (aka idiot that doesn't know the laws in this state) will come out, look at my car in MY driveway because they will not be allowed to take my car anywhere, he will look it over, fill out his nice little report, and say something to the sound of $800-$1200, I will look at him and hand him my card along with a few honest comparables I already printed up that average between $4500 to $6000 (I know what my car is worth and what it isn't worth) and we will go from there. I have played this game thousands of times against almost every major and hole in the wall insurance company out there the only difference being that I was defending the poor guy with the smashed or burned up car.

For the most part it is all cosmetic damage and can be fixed in a weekend or two. It just gives me a reason to do some needed repairs that I have been putting off due to other junk going on lately (wedding crap :-D ). I just got back from my dads place so now I am driving around in a primer gray lowered S-10 with a set of old T- thrusts on it...god my dad thinks that it is still 1991, at least he hasn't painted it neon blue with yellow drips all over it :angry7:

It sucks that it happened but in the end it is just an old car that is made out of metal and I can fix it. Besides when I'm 90 I wont give a ****....hell I will probably forget about it in a few months so screw it.

I'm sorry to see your Dart suffer such an indignity. At least it wasn't worse and you are knowledgable about insurance companies. I know how it feels, I was rear-ended over a month ago, still caught up in insurance bs. Good luck with repairs.

LOL, yeah, thats right, ouch my neck! LOL

There are already too many sue happy retards in this country that will file a claim because I looked at them cross eyed or made them cry because they got all butt hurt over being put in their place. I just want what is fair so I can fix my damn car and if I have enough left over for some parts for the 48 or a little towards the 57 wagon I want down in San Fran then that would be cool too.

The main problem right now is that I keep thinking about what I would have done to that douche waffle if Nikki hadn't stepped between us. I haven't been in a real good fight in a little while. Am I the only one that thinks that getting punched in the face every once in a while is good for you weather you win or loose the fight? :angry7:

Don't tempt me assholes! I missed the opening to the show so I'm drinking Jack with my dog right now and I may take you up on that offer! :thebirdm::toothy10:

Man, sorry to see such a sad sight. Makes you want to cry sometimes.... At least you had some members offer parts to fix it. That was great. I agree with just fair compensation, no need to sue.

I feel for you. My old 73 duster got hit by a cab 1 week after I had just replaced the fender, door, and bumper. Driver was borrowing brother's cab to make some money....

Oh crap! :angry7:

I think this is what everyone here fears the most. Sorry to see it happen.
It seems like every car I have owned that I really like has been hit in some fashion.

Good luck, I'm sure it will be back together soon.

Mike

There are already too many sue happy retards in this country that will file a claim because I looked at them cross eyed or made them cry because they got all butt hurt over being put in their place. I just want what is fair so I can fix my damn car and if I have enough left over for some parts for the 48 or a little towards the 57 wagon I want down in San Fran then that would be cool too.

That would be fair.

The main problem right now is that I keep thinking about what I would have done to that douche waffle if Nikki hadn't stepped between us. I haven't been in a real good fight in a little while. Am I the only one that thinks that getting punched in the face every once in a while is good for you weather you win or loose the fight? :angry7:

Agreed, a punch in the face is a good thing now and then, win or lose. I used to do the bar fight thing.....Last time around I almost killed the jag-off, spent a little time, that was when I was 37, I'm 43 now......and know better I think. Problem is their is no such thing as a fair street fight and I've gained enough knowledge over the years to....a...hurt an adversary. I'm sure you've learned too. I've lost a few and won a few, but it was never like the movies and blood was spilt everywhere. I never felt great winning later in my years, just bad for loosing my cool. Still beats loosing though, lol! My knuckles are scarred and collapsed bad. Edit: Forgot to mention that I also have a permanently bruised eye socket.

Anyway, Nikki saved you from a court battle at least and hard time at worst. She's a good woman.

Oh yeah, at least your old mans car didn't have a 80's "Heartbeat" graphic. I always hated that ****.

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0479_1.JPG

:angry7: My heart sank when I sawy your pics.

Sorry to see that damage man. Breaksm yheart to see a classic smacked like that.....glad, though, that no one was hurt!

Your accident has me thinking I need to get appraised ASAP! Hang in there and good luck..keep us updated as to the cost to repair PROPERLY etc.

Pettybluedart, great of you to offer the parts! :cheers:

Well,I hope it all works out for the best. You have good insurance I hope...

Reminds me of when I was turning left into a parking lot. Had to wait for traffic to clear so I was at a dead stop. All of a sudden,BAM from behind! My Dart is jacked up in the rear. Some bimbo in her boyfriends Fiat Spyder rear ended my Dart. I had to laugh as there was no damage othere than a couple scrapes to my valance,which wasnt the best to begin with.

The insurance company couldnt believe it when I made no claim because the Fiat was a near write off. She had slid so far under the back of my Dart that I had to drive off her hood,lol!!

Insurance lady told me that if I made a claim they were going to write the Fiat off.

I said dont worry about it,theres no damage to my car. Later on the boyfriend called to thank me for saving his car from the crusher...we had a laugh and talked about crappy woman drivers,hehe.

Great story....and great sports on BOTH sides of the equation! You for not trying to screw the insurance company for the valance and the boyfriend.
for manning up to thank you! :cheers:

That sucks! Hopefully its all just cosmetic, sounds like you've got everything you need to handle the adjuster. If they do total it though its not the end of the world. You'd have to buy it back from the insurance company, then title it with a salvage title. Its a pain, and every state has a different process. But you'd still have YOUR car, I know far too well about sentimental value.

I know a few people have offered parts already, but you're welcome to anything you need off the front of my '74 Dart parts car for the price of shipping, I'm in CA so at least on the west coast.

IMG_3629.jpg

Its a parts car because of the big hit it took on the passenger rear, which you can't see from this angle. Whole back half is bent, but the drivers front is ok, a few dings. Let me know if I can help. :-D

Still beats loosing though, lol!
Oh yeah, at least your old mans car didn't have a 80's "Heartbeat" graphic. I always hated that ****.

I never really cared if I won or lost I just had fun while I was fighting, I enjoyed it. It's like it gave me something to do other than "normal stuff", I get bored easy and when I get bored I look for things to amuse me and fighting amused me...a lot. Like today, one of the best parts of a fight I think is the stare down when your noes to nose watching the other guy try to look mean and give you reasons that he is going to beat you up I just start laughing at them (unless their dumbass girl friend just ran into my dart then all I want to do is kill the bastard) at that point my adrenaline is reved up to 10,000 RPM and I'm just waiting to launch. At least I'm not some pussy that has to pull a gun to defend them self...and yes I have had guns pulled on me by bigger and badder mo-fos than myself and I am still here to make fun of them for doing it. :-D
Sounds dumb I know but it's more fun that hitting a ball with a stick or watching a bunch of guys turn left all day long :toothy10:

Oh and as for the stupid decals....Calvin pissing on things. :angry7:

Everyone that has offered or will be offering up parts, THANKS!!!!

I am waiting to see what happens with the insurance company before I start getting stuff but when the time comes and I have all my ducks in a row I will come back to this thread and start contacting you guys!

Ya kept your cool,that,s the main thing.Car can be fixed(it,s what you do)get her fixed,maybe gain?Carry on!How,s the 66 coming?

I never really cared if I won or lost I just had fun while I was fighting, I enjoyed it. It's like it gave me something to do other than "normal stuff", I get bored easy and when I get bored I look for things to amuse me and fighting amused me...a lot. Like today, one of the best parts of a fight I think is the stare down when your noes to nose watching the other guy try to look mean and give you reasons that he is going to beat you up I just start laughing at them (unless their dumbass girl friend just ran into my dart then all I want to do is kill the bastard) at that point my adrenaline is reved up to 10,000 RPM and I'm just waiting to launch. At least I'm not some pussy that has to pull a gun to defend them self...and yes I have had guns pulled on me by bigger and badder mo-fos than myself and I am still here to make fun of them for doing it. :-D
Sounds dumb I know but it's more fun that hitting a ball with a stick or watching a bunch of guys turn left all day long :toothy10:

Oh and as for the stupid decals....Calvin pissing on things. :angry7:

Lol! I want to piss on calvin. I'm done with that bullshit. That and anyone with a "Bad Boy Club" sticker.

The only guns I've had pulled on me was by LEO. Long story. I've had knives pulled on me twice. I'm still here, That's all I'll say.......:-D

I was in your position too....I had to have conflict at whatever cost. I bore easy too, way too easy. :-D It was build up before that was the rush.... and knowing that the mfr was going to pay......... I never let someone in my face, they're done before that happens.

Listening to Mastodon right now...

Edit: I'm not like that anymore though scamp. The bill is more than I can pay, and now I have something to lose. My friends might take Merlin but Maxi is fkd. She's a mean ***** and none of my friends would take her, she'd be put down. I can't do that.

-
Back