The Next in Line.

-

funnycar farmer

Reaction score
After shaking off some of the dust that settled around me due to the fact I fell off the board for awhile, I'm being hopeful I'll be welcomed back! I had to take a "Chrysler Hiatus" to build, and race my last car, an altered wheelbase Comet. Well, thats done, and we are enjoying it fine, but the Mopar bug has never left me. And- I promise this time, it'll be ALL CHRYSLER!!

Whats it this time, Farmer, you ask?
A twist on an old classic, an early Barracuda, altered wheelbase, similar in looks and wheelbase to the famous "Scootin 'Cuda" car, but this one is a bit more twisted. It'll be running an injected big block running on 100% CNG !! Eco friendly for sure, and near zero emissions. I'm having an artist draw up a rendering, so stay tuned. Got the name of the car picked out, but I'll keep everyone guessing until the car goes under the knife (or plasma cutter in my case!!)

Dale.

Love the look of your cars! Great to have you back here, but I did follow along over on The HAMB.

Here's a link to the beginnings of a looong build. I think we may leave the engine in for now, build around it, and drive it for a bit, in patina kinda like when I did Steve's Rampage Dart:

013-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/teddisnoke/gug/

Rolled the wheels around a bit here and there. It looks like my recipe for this one will be four inches in the rear, and around five and a half in the front. So- the wheelbase will go from stock 107" to 108 1/2" or so, give or take. Not much, but I always thought the Petty 'Cuda was a bit extreme looking....

Welcome back :cheers: Cool car to build, can't wait to see it so be sure to post plenty of pics!! How about some pics of the Comet?

Welcome back, Farmer. Hope to see your new car out at either the drags or a show soon. For sure it won't be at a John Force Cruise Night like last time.
Name? Only one name for a CNG powered altered wb care - "Passing Gas" . LOL!

"Gas, Glass, Haulin' ***", "CNG is a coming".."Bite Me, tree hugger!", "Carpool exempt" or just a huge sticker like this:
clean_air_white.jpg

Welcome back. Sounds like a cool plan.

YES build it! Just what I would love to do to my 64...just don't have the skills or money! I am planning to radius the rear wheel wells, just trying to figure the best way. Anyone know where I can get 1/2 steel tube mandrel bent into a 30 inch radius? Love that old school look.

It's going to be a cool project, can't wait to start seeing sparks fly.

Since I've never seen the Scootin 'Cuda had to do a search and find a picture.

Attachments

• oz1286489756.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 295
I love straight axle cars there so in your face cool!!
I will be watching this thread

Welcome back Farmer. We'll forgive you for falling off the Mopar wagon as long as you include us in your build. Love those old gassers. toolmanmike

Attachments

• Mongoose_Cuda.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 217
-
Back