Top Ten things to do first on your "NEW" 1963 Dodge Dart Covertible

-
I vaguely remember using a gas pedal out of a 69 valiant in my 63 dart without much trouble.

You may need to adjust your valves if they are making too much noise.

I vaguely remember using a gas pedal out of a 69 valiant in my 63 dart without much trouble.

You may need to adjust your valves if they are making too much noise.

That looks like a nice pair you have there, love to see some pictures of thoses bad boys

Ma Snart

sounds like you got it going in wright dir went thew all of that just cant dis on the brakes i have the 10" on my 66S fish and they work great with duel master cyc after i redid every thing good luck and enjoy Paul

I bet his 63 has 9's..try and upgrade those to 10. Mechanically, valve adjustment is free. Good catch on the plug washer. 1920 carb is very picky on tolerances. look at the rebuild kit and there are many places where 1/32 difference means right or wrong.

By the way valves were an easy check and set, NOS mopar electronic distributor and HEI setup coming next, new KYB shocks, found my disc brake swap parts locally (YEAH!).
Looks like new rear springs and rubber and brackets also.
Also want to get to the transmission for leaks, I find it difficult to get to when I can only get it a foot or so off the garage floor.
Still cogitating and looking for feedback on the rear end swap for bigger brakes and repercussions and how to offset changes of ratio to a 2.7(something) from the 2.9(something.)
Kah-Ching! Kah-Ching!
Thank heavens I am retired!

-
Back