What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
My gear reduction starter was getting old and cranky so I finally went out to the salvage yard today and picked a mini starter from a 1996 Dodge 1500.

Had to wire in the connector but got it on and she started right up! Sure sounds funny though...I miss the old starter sound.:wack:

Put her Jamaican blu baby back up on jack stands since I have oil pissing out between the block and transmission bell housing. :eek:ops:

Something is loose or a seal is bad and sadly I will have to find it and fix it. :violent1:

500-mile shake down showed the weak spot.

Finishing bottom side of engine install. Headers should be back form powder coating tomorrow.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 002.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 293
Installing the wipers and motor, heater and firewall and underdash parts & pieces so I can reinstall the reassembled dash this weekend. Next up, K-frame reassembly with disc brake and sway bar install------
Good one to all-DR
O:)

Taking out 8 & 3/4 number 1 and old saggy springs so I can install 8 & 3/4 number 2 and SS springs in 3, 2, 1...

since it has cooled off a little
am getting a head start, on my winter project

making the 360-1 heads fit the custom headers

used a template made to match the header to hog out the port,
Then bolted the header, used the silicone as a guide to finish the port

I like the larger intake ports of the 1 vs 2>>2.10cc vs 1.80cc
but didn't like the square port, > no header flange fit properly
so, made it a oval port to fit a W-2 flange

001_zpswlybtu5d.jpg

006_zpsz9xfuj2e.jpg

005_zps8ylminfx.jpg

bolting in a ratchet shifter

(now I just need to get the transmission back in to hook it up)

bolting in a ratchet shifter

(now I just need to get the transmission back in to hook it up)

If I could do it over again I would have welded bolts to the floor instead of drilling holes. (Or better yet welded a plate to the floor to weld bolts to. Getting at the other side of the bolts under the car :wack:

If I could do it over again I would have welded bolts to the floor instead of drilling holes. (Or better yet welded a plate to the floor to weld bolts to. Getting at the other side of the bolts under the car :wack:

it wasn't too bad at all
with the motor and tranny out there is all sorts of room underneath there and I could easily get to each bolt...except for that one I drilled the hole right in the cross brace :banghead:

welding a mounting plate would be the best, and if I ever redo the interior I think I will go with that option, but being a full interior car, welding wasn't really an option

Heading to the track tonight.
Test and Tune.
Will try out the new 3.55 gears and see how they do.
Gates open at 6 racing starts at 7!

I had my son go under there and I ratcheted from the comfort of my buckets.....

Not one of the cars, but my Shelby Dakota - Been fighting a warm/hot starting issue for almost 3 years. Not engine temp related, but rather ambient temp related. The warmer/hotter it gets outside, the harder it is to get the dang thing to start. After replacing every sensor related to air/fuel/temp, injectors, fuel pump, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, dizzy pick up... not all in that order... I've collected almost everything I need to ditch the throttle body and put a 4 barrel carb on it.

Soooo.... last night I tore it down. Tomorrow I will clean up my cast iron 1970 340 intake, dig out the electronic ignition that came with my 68 B'cuda ragtop project and start the conversion.....

Got the axle in and it's on the ground. Sits up higher than the saggy stock springs. Now fro the front of the car. Suspension then the drivetrain.

You goin to pacific? Tonight? I'm gonna be there too
Not Pacific.
I am in Yakima so I head out to Renegade in Wapato.
Would like to head to Pacific just to watch. My Dart is not ready for prime time yet.
Just put the gears in and still trying to get used to them.
I think I will need to find some new skins. The 245's on it now sure like to spin.
I haven't had it to a proper launch pad (Only playing around on the back roads) yet so there is still hope but as it sits now, it will spin both tires through 1st and 2nd and into 3rd on plain blacktop.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

ok good luck buddy.,
My lil sis lives in West Seattle.
Next time I head that way, maybe I will look you up.
You be sure to look me up if you come over to the dry side of the state.
Good luck to you as well.
Keep the tires on the ground and your foot...on the floor!:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Looked at the car and wished I had time and money to rebuild the frontend and put the engine/trans/K back in....

My lil sis lives in West Seattle.
Next time I head that way, maybe I will look you up.
You be sure to look me up if you come over to the dry side of the state.
Good luck to you as well.
Keep the tires on the ground and your foot...on the floor!:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Well it was win/loose.

Got my best 60' @ 1.600

Got my best light to date @ .013

Lost 2nd gear in the trans. Only on the full throttle 1-2 shift. Weird but it still got me home

Well it was win/loose.

Got my best 60' @ 1.600

Got my best light to date @ .013

Lost 2nd gear in the trans. Only on the full throttle 1-2 shift. Weird but it still got me home
Win / Lose for me as well.
New gears worked like a champ. Still a slight neutral throttle whine but not getting worse and very slight at that.
Couldn't get traction to save my life:wack:
5 passes running out the back at 95-98 mph.
Spinning the tires almost to the 60' mark:violent1:
Back to the drawing board!

I fired up the new 360 today, it took right off! I have to fix some exhaust leaks, and one water leak at the intake heater hose. It idles nice at 28 lbs of oil pressure, 15 inches of vacuum and holds 195* temperature. I'll probably tweak the valve adjustments and take it out for a short drive Sunday. I'm just ironing out the bugs now. I have about 2 hours on the motor.
89 360 roller block
KB 107's
eagle SR-1 rods
Bullet custom mild grind Roller cam
Roller rockers
Magnum heads, mild port and chamber work (70cc's)
rotating assembly is balanced

Attachments

• WP_20150827_19_16_50_Pro.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 155
I stopped by a friend's shop and helped replace axle bearings in his Challenger. It had Green bearings and one had failed due to a bad inner seal.

A little cooling system upgrade....:prayer:

Attachments

• P1020165.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 158
  • P1020167.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 137
-
Back