What to use to replace the string with putty on it to hold the plastic

-

nothingbutdarts

Reaction score
I tried searching threads for an answer, no luck. I have the door panels off, I need to cut new plastic that is stuck onto the inside of the doors and the back panels, what are people using for the putty?
Thanks!

If you are talking visqueen, I would be tempted to use regular old silicone. It wouldn't take much, just use your finger and smear a thin line around the opening.

16625663982993170963867023552954.jpg
16625664336911391085814589088587.jpg

Life time supply

I just used tape along with the existing stuff.

Make sure the plastic is tucked into the slot at the bottom.

Alan

I just used heavy duty garbage bags like for a 55 gal. The thicker the better and dumb dum from Napa about 1/4 x 15” long. Works great.

Stuff in my 67 looks like butyl almost ...you could use a skinny strip of black butyl tape..then the black tape...which is wide like duct tape..but not.. similar to wide black masking tape, but not quite..lol

Stuff in my 67 looks like butyl almost ...you could use a skinny strip of black butyl tape..then the black tape...which is wide like duct tape..but not.. similar to wide black masking tape, but not quite..lol
My one family owned 67 dart had white dumdum like material holding all plastic in place, much of it is still flexible.

The bottom tape was black looked like masking tape and had long ago hardened to being fragile and non adhesive.

I assume it was a tape that was semi water resistant.

My one family owned 67 dart had white dumdum like material holding all plastic in place, much of it is still flexible.

The bottom tape was black looked like masking tape and had long ago hardened to being fragile and non adhesive.

I assume it was a tape that was semi water resistant.
I'm probably confusing the newer ****.
Probably is white/beige with age. Ive done and do a lot of work ..on a lot of cars. The little things like door panel undersheeting ..
If it were mine I'd be comfortable using either...uh how about blue painters tape..lol eh nah.. I wouldnt go that far. Jk

.uh how about blue painters tape..lol eh nah.. I wouldnt go that far. Jk
I have to pull the back seat in the not to distant future and for sure I'll be changing out that blue tape for some black masking tape. It mortified me to use it, like putting on dirty underwear, only you know it's there but you worry that you might get into an accident!

:lol:

-
Back