Whats everone working on?

-
update**

im working on..................homework............yes, school has started and so has the homework. the dart has now been pushed aside to saturdays and sundays.

Im STILL working on getting my truck registered so I can cut the trunk and put the mini tubs and fuel cell in it. :cry:

Yee Haw!!

I can finally post in this thread. I started taking the Demon apart today. I managed to get everything from the doors back off the car. :)

I don't know where the person that owned this car before me drove, but the gas tank had a dent in it that was a foot in diameter and pushed in 6 inches. I guess a new tank is in my future. :roll:

I just might have this thing on the road next summer. :cheers:

Jack

I`ve been painting the outside of my work shop. I need to get started installing the CE 8 point cage, driveshaft loop, new traction bars and passenger side bucket seat in my Dart.

I usually work on a few of these a week . :D

tonyc_727_024.jpg

This is my latest project, which I am hoping to pursue much further this summer. It'll make at least 1000 hp, and of course, it'll get a 727. Don't tell my granny her valiant has a tube chassis now! :tongue:

67_valiant001.jpg

And, of course my poor 71 duster. The never ending restoration .... :bounce:

barracuda018.jpg

tonyc_727_024.jpg

Hmmm...

It's nearing Christmas, so everybody and their brother wants an upgrade or a new computer, so my office downstairs is loaded up with parts and pieces, plus a bunch of whole machines.

And I'm building an Kismet server on an old Ultra 5 with a bunch of drones, all running Fedora. Pretty cool, so far.

Oh, you meant car work?

Mostly a lot of planning. I near to tear down the brake system on my car. Wilwood brakes are going on the front, the master cylinder is going to be replaced. Probably braided lines in the front as well. The air in the lines has to go, I'm tired of not having brakes, I want to be able to stop!

Plus I've got some coolant in my oil, I need to find out where it's coming from.

My rear end looks like it's about to finally die, the tubes are twisting and it's leaking a little bit. I guess it's finally time to go with an 8-3/4.

I wanted to swap in a bigger cam, change the carb and put in a roll bar, but it doesn't look like the cash to do that is gonna be available.

Anybody looking to sponsor a race car?

Got the kid's 340 up and running. He rebuilt the motor this summer for his senior project. The car runs good, but the intake is leaking oil. I guess I know what we'll be doing next weekend. :)

Well the kid came home with a 69 Datsun 1600 Roadster yesterday. It's been restored but then was in a fender bender. It's been sitting for a couple years and it blew the head gasket on the way home. So I guess I'll be helping with that while trying to get my own car ready to start racing again next year. Fun, fun, fun.

Still collecting front end parts. Id like a new set of rims in the spring too.

I am still collecting parts for my 70 Swinger. Trying to figure out the path to take with the car..... so it's still in planning stages!! I've had the car for seven months and really haven't done more than get it running! I did pick up a 360 to replace the 78 318 someone stuck in it - since finding a 1970 340 is would be too much money for just a block (unless someone would like to donate one!) Still looking for a set of bucket seats and tracks to put back into the car. Thinking about ditching the ralye dash for a Rocky Mountain Dash, since restoration of either dash will be rather high - and the car needs EVERYTHING

I am building a 1968 Barracuda for 10.5 Drag Racing.

Motor: 525" Keith Black Aluminum Low Deck Block, B-1 Moved Centerline Heads

Transmission: Mikes Powerglide

Chassis: Chromoly Cage done by Phil Mandella Race Cars ( Home of the fastest SS/AA Hemi Cars in the country)
Alterktion Front - End
PMR 9" Rear filled with SUPER LIGHT Mark Williams & Lamb Components
Calvert Racing Cal-Tracs w/ Mono leafs.
Holeshot Hole Star Wheels & M/T ET Street 30x13.50x15 Rear Tires.
*Car will be updated with funny car cage & chromoly wheelie bars before it hits the track in the next couple of months* (Will be certified to 7.50) This turd better go in the 8's ! :supz:

My dad and I are re-building our cuda' that he bought last year. It was just fine we took it to the Mopar Nationals and have won some awards at local shows but now it his getting a rotisserie Restoration new lemon twist yellow paint. the motor is were all the money is though The 34o has been stroked to 416 ci. Has a supercharger from the supercharger store and water injection, plus new carb, pistons, ported heads, rods the works. The engine builders who are working on it have said it :bounce: should be good for 750 H.P. to wheels. But my dad doesnt want a cage because he loves to street race, he wants it to look like a sleeper. The only way u can tell is from the Torque thruster II and the BFG Drag Radials.

My dad and I are re-building our cuda' that he bought last year. It was just fine we took it to the Mopar Nationals and have won some awards at local shows but now it his getting a rotisserie Restoration new lemon twist yellow paint. the motor is were all the money is though The 340 has been stroked to 416 ci. Has a supercharger from the supercharger store and water injection, plus new carb, pistons, ported heads, rods the works. The engine builders who are working on it have said it :bounce: should be good for 750 H.P. to wheels. But my dad doesnt want a cage because he loves to street race, he wants it to look like a sleeper. The only way u can tell is from the Torque thruster II and the BFG Drag Radials.

The problem with multiple projects is you are spreading out your time AND money, but man, I don't really mind that. I know that someday... I will have some REALLY nice cars, just the way I want them. I had a really good day yesterday and 1) flipped the TrailDuster body off the frame - next, the frame will get pressure washed & I'll cut up the floors out to use in the '66 Town Wagon. When it got dark, I moved inside the shed & 2) finished working on the hood scoop of the '74 Duster - its almost ready for some color. While that fiberglass was setting-up, I... 3) cleaned up some A-body clutch and break pedals for the '71 Scamp. Got the 5-spd trans mount in the mail & cleaned up that to! Poor old 49 T&C just waits for me to move some of the other stuff out - gotta love the old girl for that! All after making 8 working for someone else... Its a little chilly (30s) for me to work out there tonight, but it should be a really nice weekend.

49 T&C

I'm working on my 70 Swinger i bought a couple years ago. It needs a fair bit of work, but i am willing to put in the hours, the only problem is i need the money. By this coming summer i should have enough money to get my Dart going. Something to look forward to.

doing a complete suspension rework on the Dart Lite,I just got a front end rebuild kit from firmfeel.com, along with tubular upper control arms. I also have ready to install a new set of leafsprings with 6-leaves to firm up the rear, still checking on a good manual steering box (hoping to find a 20:1 ratio for a decent price), and going to pick up a set of kyb shocks in the next couple of weeks too. Hopefully by the end of summer I'll have front and rear sway bars as well.

Im working on finding some income for the rest of the winter.

Ofcaorse my plans for the year keep getting bigger, Wheel tubs LBP swap maybe ? new rims. I can never make up my mind.

I talked to Dr.Diff from Moparts. I can buy a shortend 8-3/4 housing using his cores. back braced and powder coated with spring perches welded on for $450 shipped to my door.

For those of you looking for n A body 8-3/4 this may be a good way to go. Have him narrow a c or b body unit toa body length.

well, i did finish painting the house. :cheers:
i have been getting some things done on the dart.
i have the fuel system plumbed and ready. i just need the engine to finish.

f58dba24.jpg

f58ce6a3.jpg

i have all the brake lines made up and installed. i just need to put the front end back under the car so i can do the front brakes.

f5650352.jpg

i have cleaned up the back side of the K-frame for oil pan clearance.

f5650327.jpg

i just mounted some tires to see how much tire i can fit in the wheel house. these are 29.5x10.5 M/T slicks. they are kind of tight but, i'm sure i can make them work.

f57dac57.jpg

f57dac53.jpg

f57dac5b.jpg

f57dac60.jpg

i have the radiator in and ready.

f565030a.jpg

my best friend came down this past weekend and helped me wire the control box up and run the wires through most of the car. i still have lots of wiring to do. we also got the window net in.

f565031c.jpg

f56502f1.jpg

f56502fb.jpg

f5650333.jpg

f5650346.jpg

i think that just about covers what i been doing lately. now if i can get the engine from the machine shop.
i am ready to hear and see this baby run. :mrgreen:

david

-
Back