1973 Duster

-
So here is the newest problem that I though I had room but,

View attachment trailer 015.jpg

Full view

View attachment trailer 016.jpg

And the closer view where the heater hits the wiper motor mount

View attachment trailer 018.jpg

the motor fits behind the bracket no problem it is just the arm that hits.

Thats ok I have some ideas to go around that concern

Right now the bracket is used to re-route the computer cables and keep them in the back of the firewall. so the bracket will be used just not for the wiper motor. :mumum:

Little progress report for those reading.

I mounted the engine computer and the new speedo adapter changing it from a electric signal to a cable system.

I worked on the drivers door and got the door popper on, and the solenoid to open the latch. It is all a tight fit but it look good, I just have to do the pass side now.

Another step down 400 more to go.

How bout a few snaps of the door popper install? Are you kidding me "for those reading" . . .

I say that because I have 10k views and only a few hundred responses thought I would be funny. I know there is not much of reading material here. Like the comics in the Sunday paper more pictures than anything. Ha Ha

I will get a couple pics of the door for you Joe.

t-granger...

Did you ever section that bumper?...I did it to my green '73 and I thought it helped make it look more muscular...1'' per side worked (fit) perfectly

I was checking out your strut for the front hood hinge modification....then I saw that you used the stock hindges.....modified...what did you do?....my freshly dipped/painted squeeked and made some ugly noises also...until I greased 'em.....now like butta'

One more....how do you rate the new A/C-heater set-up...at least the install portion anyways?

I say that because I have 10k views and only a few hundred responses thought I would be funny. I know there is not much of reading material here. Like the comics in the Sunday paper more pictures than anything. Ha Ha

I will get a couple pics of the door for you Joe.

I have had the same thought actually thought about starting a thread using the same words "for those reading". I dont understand how a hillbilly hack job with a total of not more than $2-$3k invested can get like a million hits everytime he or she posts a blurry pic and its like pulling teeth to get couple responses on the builds that top notch and done the correct way. So come on all you Voyeur's theres lots of us that put alot of time, money and thought into our builds. So hook a Mopar brother up, will ya............. Timothy, I hope this get's some people stirring...I feel your pain. Sorry about going off into looneyville a little..... :thumbrig::thumbrig::thumbrig:

by the way your views to post ratio is .018, mine is .017..... so your doing better than me.

Oops,
I forgot to ask my question ...what did you use (specs) for your tilt column ? I see XV motorsports has one for the A-bodies that bolts in. Bolting in isnt really a concern for me, I will make it fit. But the overall specs are.. even though as of now I'm gonna run a stock steering box, I still want to convert to a D shaft/ heim joint system. thanks Ross

I just dropped off my bumpers today to get stripped to start the mods which include narrowing, bolt conversion to studs (like my fenders) and a big ol' opening in the middle for center exit exhaust. So if yours are done add my name to the list of things to post pics of for people.

denny:
if your looking for another install opinion, check out my thread. im definately brutally honest about it.
long story short, i scrapped a lot of the ways they wanted me to install it, because it was pretty cheesy. for a bity more effort, im really pleased with how it came out.

thought you already hasd ac in the duster.

and t-granger, im a lurker. i mostly just steal ideas and grab motivation for working on mine. you ever figure out how to get a switch for the intermittant wipers on yours? i swear im gonna do it one day on mine. need it with as much as ive been driving lately...

michael

Michael/dusterbd13...your right ...mine has the factory (vacuum controled) A/C unit ....I would like to modernize the inside piece...in the future

I've been all over your thread...great reading.....and I'm kinda like a lot of us on here...always tinkering

I didn't install the interior A/C goodies in Jim's HemiDemon...just the compressor/drier/condenser/lines...but I kinda thought there was ...room for improvement...with the vent set-up ....and wanted Tim's...(and others) thoughts

Ok lets see here first HemiDenny, I have not done my bumpers yet but I did manage to make the bumper support brackets move back about an inch so my bumper will sit back farther into the car, just have to cut the ends and re-do them. Still in the works.

Ross, Do not worry about the crazy town I feel the pain as well Sometimes I wish I could change my thread name to something else I mean really how many 1973 dusters are out there. To many ooh well.

As for the steering column it is a flaming river without the ignition key on it, I have a IDIDIT push button for that.

The steering column sits a little higher than the mount they gave me but it is an easy fix that I already figured out.

Ross I like what you have planned for the bumper I am not sure If I am ready to tackle the bumpers yet, close but not yet.

Finally Dusterbd

As you can see by my pic above I am going to have some issues with my wiper motor on the inside, It will not fit anymore. So I have a few ideas for that as well but not sure if it will look good so I will keep everyone posted on that one once I get the parts and try it out.

Hemi, I tried to make the dash more user friendly with my vent set-up so air gets to everywhere... Oh wait I do not have a pic of that yet let me see if I have one if not I will snap a shot tomorrow of that and my Inner door for Joe

And Andrew I will check out the site later to see what you are getting, thanks for taking in everyone..

Ok now that you have had the column in your hands lets hear it. I wanna know your likes and dislikes. I'm looking at one currently and not having any personal experience with them what do you think of it? They look great in pics but im sure there was a little something that bugged you about it. Thanks for Any insight you can provide.

03ram

Well not much wrong with it really. They do give you a mount for it, but that will not work because the column sits high and does not go down much.

I got mine with the high beam switch in the turn signal, it is a little cheesy and not sure how it will work because it does not seem to have a good feel to it, but hey it might work when hooked up fine.

Other than that I am happy with it. it looks nice with the ignition delete.

Not sure how tight the tilt is because it is not completely hooked up but I like it

Thanks for the honest review. That it what I wanted to know. Looks like I'll keepthem in mined for my car.

WOW!!! I don't know how I missed this build. That is a sweet car and is coming a long great.

How the heck did I miss this build, excellent stuff here, I'm going to read the whole thing tonight when I get home. I'll be looking for stolen ideas........Just Kidding! :joker:

Rapid,

Thanks I am trying I currently have a Statistics class that is taking all my free time but I am working on it slowly but surely.

How bout a few snaps of the door popper install? Are you kidding me "for those reading" . . .

That is funny....

SWEET BUILD. I See yours, Tin's, Riddlers, and RJ's and they make me drool.

JOE

That is funny....

SWEET BUILD. I See yours, Tin's, Riddlers, and RJ's and they make me drool.

JOE

Thanks but send me that motor in your avatar pic. :)

Granger, great job....wish I had more liquid assests to try and keep up with you. Babies cost alot! lol

Riddler

-
Back